FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

saving private ryan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
borntopaint View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Likes to eat "Meat"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borntopaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

I agree, one of my favorites

"I normally refrain from conversation during gestation."
redneckdeerhunt View Drop Down

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckdeerhunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 10:38pm
its kinda sad also
i love to hunt and lite things on fire

98 custom
smartparts progressive
double trigger
lapco bishot
pen spring mod
20 oz
rocket cock
dye invision mask
WKS_weiner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WKS_weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Bounty Bounty wrote:

I like BlackHawk Down more.

that movie sucks compared to saving private ryan. saving private
ryan has to be one of the best war movies ever made(this dose
include full metal jacket).
Always Bite the Hand

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckdeerhunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 11:13pm
there both good for what type of battles they r in

98 custom
smartparts progressive
double trigger
lapco bishot
pen spring mod
20 oz
rocket cock
dye invision mask
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 11:14pm
I hated Black Hawk Down. However, I did enjoy Saving Private Ryan, as I am a big fan of Spielberg.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckdeerhunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

I hated Black Hawk Down. However, I did enjoy Saving Private Ryan, as I am a big fan of Spielberg.

well if u like spielberg u should check out band of brothers its awesome

98 custom
smartparts progressive
double trigger
lapco bishot
pen spring mod
20 oz
rocket cock
dye invision mask
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 11:19pm
I liked Band of Brothers for entertainment value. I do not like Stephen Ambrose (the writer of the book) so I thought the story was very dramatized. However, the series was done quite well.
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 11:20pm

What didn't you like about it?

†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
In soviet Russia, paintball guns own you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Bango Bango wrote:

What didn't you like about it?

Too much drama.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckdeerhunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 11:21pm
yeah i liked the series but at the end it got kinda boring but my faviorte soldier in easy was sgt majior bull he was the best

98 custom
smartparts progressive
double trigger
lapco bishot
pen spring mod
20 oz
rocket cock
dye invision mask
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 11:21pm
I was never allowed to watch it when I was younger. I still have yet to see it.. I think one of these days I'll need to watch it.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 11:21pm

It was too hollywood. I can only take so much bs when it comes to trying to depict a non-fictional event. It glorified what the US did. However, that's not the topic of this thread.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckdeerhunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 11:42pm
yeah i agree ^^^

98 custom
smartparts progressive
double trigger
lapco bishot
pen spring mod
20 oz
rocket cock
dye invision mask
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 11:44pm

It was too hollywood. I can only take so much bs when it comes to trying to depict a non-fictional event. It glorified what the US did. However, that's not the topic of this thread.

And Josh Hartnet is a tool bag.
Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 11:46pm
Saving Private Ryan blows Black Hawk Down out of the water.
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 11:48pm
Exactly, the cinamatography was sooo much better. Another movie with great cinamatography is One Hour Photo.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 3:01am

The cinamatography in BHD was extremely similar to that of SPR...to say the least.

So true weird story here-I woke up this morning and said "I want to see Saving Private Ryan again." I've been saying for months they don't ever show that on TV, and that's wrong. So I go buy the movie today-and it comes on TNT. No big deal really, since I hate edited movies, but ironic nonetheless...

I think SPR is probably the finest WWII film ever made, with the possible exception of Patton, or maybe The Longest Day (I love that movie).

rockerdoode View Drop Down

one strike, flaming 7/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerdoode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 6:25am

MOVIE NERD FIGHT!

GO! GO! GO!

"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata
BLand View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BLand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 7:13am
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

The cinamatography in BHD was extremely similar to that of SPR...to say the least.

So true weird story here-I woke up this morning and said "I want to see Saving Private Ryan again." I've been saying for months they don't ever show that on TV, and that's wrong. So I go buy the movie today-and it comes on TNT. No big deal really, since I hate edited movies, but ironic nonetheless...

I think SPR is probably the finest WWII film ever made, with the possible exception of Patton, or maybe The Longest Day (I love that movie).

Wasn't edited, cause they showed the warnings after every commercial break. And you know how once in awhile they're allowed.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 7:29am

Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

I've been saying for months they don't ever show that on TV, and that's wrong. So I go buy the movie today-and it comes on TNT. No big deal really, since I hate edited movies, but ironic nonetheless...

It WAS NOT edited, which to me is very suprising. That is one of hte most graphic movies Ive ever seen. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic