Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

War 101 Logistics

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Joined: 14 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1267
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 9:53pm

  ^^  That pretty much covers it.  BTW:  I've stayed out of the argument for way too long. Since there isn't a really dominate point now besides Texas, I'm gonna go ahead and say that there was so much anti-Japanese racism in the U.S. during the war.  Japanese citizens were basically put into concentration camps.  My great uncle, a Japanese-American dentist, was put into one such camp and I believe he either died shortly in the camp or shortly after being released.  My point is that Truman was racist towards Japanese in general.  He is quoted calling the entire Japanese people animals, even the women and children.

Edit: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/8420/main.html

There's the link.  Notice that it says that during the whole war, 10 people were caught spying for Japan.  All where caucasian.



Edited by hashi2008
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 9:56pm
You are definitely right about that hashi. It was just easy to hate them because they can be picked out easier than germans or italians.
Back to Top
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Joined: 26 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 11662
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 9:56pm
There were a lot of racists in the government. Thats the way people were raised back then. The head of the FBI refused to let anyone of Japanese decent work in the FBI. There were cases like this all over, Japanese or not. It wasnt just toward the Japanese.

The internment camps, as far as i am concerned they were a black scar on the face of the US.

Dune, it was that and their customs were strange and alien to us. And they had just recently crossed over the pond so to speak.

Edited by DBibeau855
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 9:57pm

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:



The internment camps, as far as i am concerned they were a black scar on the face of the US.

One of many.

Back to Top
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Joined: 26 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 11662
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 10:00pm
Watch the movie "The Seige" Its almost erie..
Back to Top
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Joined: 14 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1267
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 10:05pm

  It was crazy.  I think that Truman's racism towards the Japanese had an effect on his decision to drop the bombs.  I am not saying that the bombs were neccesary or unneccesary, but I think that the bombs were deffinately too strong of a move considering that they killed so many innocent civilian lives.  Read a book called "Hiroshima" it will put some things into perspective.

Ohh, and President Eisenhower, then over the troops in Europe, was heavily against dropping the bombs because he thought that the Japanese were ready to surrunder shortly anyway.

Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
Back to Top
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Joined: 26 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 11662
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 10:07pm
He was racist against everyone most likely.
Back to Top
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Joined: 14 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1267
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 10:15pm

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Watch the movie "The Seige" Its almost erie..

  In that movie, the Arabs were treated just as the Japanese were treated during WWII.  It is erie, but what makes it worse is that the Japanese weren't even sending terrorists over.  Japanese culture was against leaving the country to live elsewhere.  In fact, the Japanese closed thier ports for a really long time, and in 1854 the U.S. used gunships to force Japan to open thier ports and stop the isolation.  This wouldn't have been so bad if the U.S. hadn't also forced them to sign unfair trade agreements that basicalt screwed Japan over.  This is one cause of some anti-american feelings in Japan up until after the war.

Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
Back to Top
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Joined: 26 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 11662
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 10:17pm
You missed my point. That movie was made years ago. And everything but the internment camps has come true.

Denzel Washingtons speach to the general about torturing the captive.. Still true today.

Edited by DBibeau855
Back to Top
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Joined: 14 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1267
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 10:20pm

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

You missed my point. That movie was made years ago. And everything but the internment camps has come true.

Whats his faces little speach to the general about torturing the captive.. Still true today.

  I got the point, I just got sidetraced onto a different topic that related to that movie.

Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
Back to Top
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Joined: 10 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 7908
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

If it's not Britain, then they should hand it off to the people.
They did.. to the Jews...

Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 11:06pm

They handed it to their own kind, not to the people that had lived there the same amount of time, if not longer. When the Palestinians had their land, Israelis were mad, so they struck back, and forcefully took land that wasn't theirs.

Back to Top
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Joined: 10 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 7908
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 11:50pm
Lnad was legally given to them by the UK and UN...

Israel tried giving palstineans some land for their own country, they were being little pricks about it and said no.

So, a lot of arab countries attacked Israel, Isreal kicked ass and took names (and land) and now that land is part of Israel.


Now, I don't think Palstenieans deserve right of return anymore becasue they refused it and refuse to reason.   


They lost their chnace just like Japan did before we nuked them.

Back to Top
goodsmitty View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Childish Insults 3/3

Joined: 13 January 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 635
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Originally posted by goodsmitty goodsmitty wrote:


Dumbest.Logic.Ever.

Yet, you're the one that said there was a palestein in existance now as a country...

Let's compare our flawed logic. I consider a group of people under their own elected gov't a country, even though they aren't officially recognized by certain other countries.

You say that the reason that Palestine is safe for western foreigners, in a country of people that "want every single one of us dead", (your own words), is because all of the bad guys are out of town in Israel.

I can't take anymore. I'm going on my summer hiatus, unless something really juicy kicks up.



Edited by goodsmitty
"Reading this thread, I'm sad to say that the only difference between the average American and the average Taliban is economic status."
-Zesty

Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 12:54am
It doesn't matter GS, Linus thinks that since Israel are allies they are flawless. Unfortunately logic prevails the unreasonable, and the Palestinians were slaughtered and their land taken. It's funny and sad at the same time to see those who can't look beyond the end of their nose and maybe agree with someone who is Islamic for a change.
Back to Top
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Joined: 26 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 11662
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 12:57am
I had english class with a guy named Yuseff. Really nice guy. He had to sleep on the floor in lebanon because of snipers. Isrealies arent all sugar and spice. Not by a long shot.
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 12:59am
I don't have anything against them except that the US makes them out to be victims. Actually just the other day a couple of Israeli soldiers protected some Palestinians that were being attacked by Israeli settlers, it was nice to see a little sympathy. I am just upset that it takes until now that they might get some of their land back.
Back to Top
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Joined: 14 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1267
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:13am
  I have said this a few times, but I'll say it again.  The only reason we are friendly with Isreal is because they have in the middle east.  We would kiss ass all day to be able to influence where they put thoses if/when the time comes.
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:14am
You are right there hashi. We pick and choose our allies, and in the middle east, we must choose the jews.
Back to Top
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Joined: 05 October 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6050
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

.... It's funny and sad at the same time to see those who can't look beyond the end of their nose and maybe agree with someone who is Islamic for a change.
Amen!
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.140 seconds.