Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Doesnt Congress have anything better 2 do

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Author
agentwhale007. View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Flaming 9/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:46pm

Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Originally posted by Hysteria Hysteria wrote:

I have burned a flag.
Ok, American or what?

If it's American, leave our country since you don't like it.

That one seriously made me laugh out loud....

Hey, nice marmot!
Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2 - Language, 9/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

I have burned a flag.
Ok, American or what?

If it's American, leave our country since you don't like it.

American.

Noone ever said I didn't like this country.

You see, like they say, when you "assume", "you make an ass out of you and me".  Well, only you, but the point remains, none the less.
Rico's Revenge View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wanna be a cowboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico's Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:47pm

Originally posted by agentwhale007. agentwhale007. wrote:

The flag stands for the freedoms of Americans...

Excpet the one to burn said flag in protest, that one dosen't count...

LOL!

Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:47pm
Wow Rico, you're not often this stupid.

*EDIT* OK, I removed my first edit...

By the way Reb...I'm thinkin' whale was making a point against your argument. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see how it backs you up.

The flag is symbolic of freedom, yes, that's true.

Burning the flag has been used since the start of this country(the Vietnam protesters didn't come up with anything new guys) as a symbol of disagreement-as a symbol that what the government is doing right now is the same as burning our flag. That's what burning the flag represents.

There's a reason thousands of people have died in order to give us the freedom to burn the flag-they believed that it's the right thing to do. They agreed with the government when they said that it was one of our rights as citizens. That said, I don't know many people in the armed forces who would burn the flag now, but during Vietnam, thousands of serving troops burned flags in Washington.

By burning a flag, I'm fighting for the freedom it represents. The government is burning their own flag-I'm just making it literal.

Edited by Pariel
agentwhale007. View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Flaming 9/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:50pm

Alright guys, keep the name calling to a minimum....

I have to go to work now, but my point is made.

Hey, nice marmot!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wanna be a cowboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico's Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:55pm

Originally posted by Pariel Pariel wrote:

Wow Rico, you're not often this stupid.

*EDIT* Although Linus is, quite often. And yet he wonders why people dislike him...

Why resort to name calling Pariel?  

I am voicing my Opinion as is usually the case in the T&O section.   I'm "stupid" for thinking on my own and disagreeing with the validity of flag burning as an acceptable means of protest.

Awful judgemental for someone who is arguing for the right NOT to be judged as "un-American."

Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Rico's Revenge Rico's Revenge wrote:

The 1st Ammendment gives you a right to protest, it DOES NOT give you carte blanche to do anything you want under the guise of a "symbolic gesture."   What is symbolic about an American Citizen burning an American flag?   The symbolism that I see is that this person no longer wishes to be associated with the country and is burning his/her allegiances.

Based on this, it is perceived that the "burner" no longer wishes to remain part of that country and therefore is definately NOT deserving of living here.

The burning of a country's flag by its own citizens is for radical, left-wing retards who can't think of any other creative way to demonstrate their point of view and are hoping for their 15 seconds in the spotlight.    Too many people have died for that flag to allow it to be burned at a whim.

I have a really short attention span so I must have already forgotten the first few paragraphs by the time I jumped on the last one.

I dont see the burning of the flag as a call for I hate this country, I want to leave, but rather a "I dont agree with what is going on here, I am going to commit an act that will give me attention." Same goes for the people that hold rallies and clog up traffic. Sure there are probably better ways but I doubt that college students have the time or the money to employ the other means of getting attention...

I will add more but I have to jet to work. Glad to see you around a little more.

Edited by Hades

Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:57pm
Dude, you didn't even think about it. You just said what popped into your head first. That strikes me as suprisingly idiotic.

I am awfully judgemental-just like you.

I will resort to name calling when it suits me.

You're welcome to quote me on that.
HeadHunter59 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dial down the center!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadHunter59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 3:06pm

I think are county has some dum rules. I mean even if they do get this law to pass or w/e. People well still burn flags and no one well find out.

I mean look at all the rules and crap we have now. It still dont stop half the people in the world from doing it. Youd have to have like police man following around every one person.

Rules and Ammendments only work some of the time people still brake them..

Yeah i probelly went of the cours of this thread.. heh i dont know what im talking about half the time. I just felt like posting something.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wanna be a cowboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico's Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 3:07pm

Originally posted by Pariel Pariel wrote:

Dude, you didn't even think about it. You just said what popped into your head first. That strikes me as suprisingly idiotic.

I am awfully judgemental-just like you.

I will resort to name calling when it suits me.

You're welcome to quote me on that.

Out of respect, I re-read everything that I wrote.   I didn't see anything that was not well thought out, documented with why and ended with a conclusion.

Remember, just because in someones mind they think, "Hey, I'm just making what the government is doing literal," doesn't mean that the rest of the people outside that persons head think the same thing.   MOST people just see someone burning a flag.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wanna be a cowboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico's Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 3:10pm

Thanks Hades, good to butt heads with you again!  LOL!

I need to get some stuff done as well myself.

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 3:12pm
Pariel, I wouldn't fight Rico on this, he is equal to clark on debate wins.

And screw you, I am NOT idiotic most of the time. Granted everyone has their moments, but ask ANY one that has been here long enough *before the whole Limp Bizkit incident started* and they will say that I *Bugg* was actually a good forumer.

I could care less that you are a dumbass or that anyone hates me. Lets stay on the topic here. (Bah, kinda hypocritic post but w/e)

Edited by Linus

Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 3:18pm
So, you're saying you never see symbolism in protests? You've just implied that.

That's pretty doltish.

You're just asking for more of the propaganda this government is feeding this country with a serving spoon.

If you can't see symbolism in protest, you're argument that protesters are un-American has no support whatsoever.

Maybe people do just see burning a flag-but most people probably ask why, then listen to what the people are saying, and ingest that along with their government supplied halucenogenic.

The government doesn't care about what our flag stands for-there's a reason someone on this forum has/had a sig that says:

Pro-Bush=Anti-America

This government has consistently shown that it feels it's right to crack down on citizen's rights, even ones that are considered permanent. There's a reason we have a BoR. Nothing in that has become outdated yet. There's no reason to say that flag burning should be illegal-it's been done for over 200 years here.

Rather than worrying about the welfare of the citizens of the United States, our so called "representatives" have decided to take measures to reduce the power of the people. Somebody royally screwed up their priorities.

*EDIT*Bugg might have been a good forumer. Whether or not he was, Linus has not been.

Edited by Pariel
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 3:20pm

Originally posted by Betterdays Betterdays wrote:

Wow, flag burning again...for 1,000 points: anyone know the proper way to dispose of an old American Flag?
Isn't it by......burning?

edit- didn't read the 2nd page when posted...

Edited by Benjichang
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 3:21pm
Very good.

That said, it's in an entirely different setting.

It's why we have Flag Day(which was last week, if I remember correctly).

*EDIT* Nice Linus, you just keep stabbing yourself in the back-I like people who discredit themselves.

You're welcome to make fun of me, but don't say that I shouldn't make fun of you.

That said, I did remove it, and it was innappropriate.

It was, however, also the truth.

Edited by Pariel
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 3:22pm
Pariel, wake up and smell the concrete, Bugg and Linus = same person. I havn't changed. Hell, I only went that brief 4 weeks period that I was actually considered a "bad forumer" by you guys.

In a time of war, some freedoms have to be taken away to protect the people.

The government is here to serve the MAJORITY not the MINORITY.

Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 3:26pm
I don't really care what the rest of the forum thinks of you, I still think you suck. I never said you weren't Bugg, I said you actually showed some level of intelligence when you were posting under the alias of Bugg.

Show me your majority.

Somehow flag burning during the Vietnam war was OK, yet now, during our "War on Terrorism" it's not?

You'll have a hard time selling that one.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 3:30pm
I never siad flag burning during the Vietnam conflict was ok. SHow me where I did, otherwise shut up.

WHERE DID I ONCE SAY THAT? No where, ignorance may be bliss, but in your case, it's just stupid.

I think you suck becasue you have no basis to attack me, especially after this whole thing was dropped 2 weeks ago.

Majority was the ones who voted Bush in, watch the news some time.

Edited by Linus

Atrosity View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Inappropriate Avatar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atrosity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 3:30pm

No.  Transsexual is where you are born with BOTH sex's reproductive organs.

No that's a hermaphrodite (sp?), a transsexual is a guy that wants to be a girl, or vice versa.
"Who me? No I'm quite blunt, like a sledghammer to the temple."-Me
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 3:33pm
Oh, I think hysteria was OWNED! Hysteria, learn to read.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
  Share Topic