Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Doesnt Congress have anything better 2 do

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
Author
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 May 2003
Location: Virgin Islands
Status: Offline
Points: 12983
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:26pm
Man, your logic is completely wack.....

You might want to crack open the dictionary and learn the meanings to the words you use before completely misusing them. The definition isnt even close....

Me burning a flag doesnt give any enemy my support.....

Back to Top
agentwhale007. View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 2 - Flaming 9/12

Joined: 13 December 2003
Status: Offline
Points: 1178
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:27pm

Originally posted by Betterdays Betterdays wrote:


Wow, flag burning again...for 1,000 points: anyone know the proper way to dispose of an old American Flag?

Karosene and a match.


Hey, nice marmot!
Back to Top
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 May 2003
Location: Virgin Islands
Status: Offline
Points: 12983
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Betterdays Betterdays wrote:


Wow, flag burning again...for 1,000 points: anyone know the proper way to dispose of an old American Flag?


Exactly.....

Back to Top
Rico's Revenge View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wanna be a cowboy

Joined: 21 January 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3569
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico's Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007. agentwhale007. wrote:

Burning a peice of cloth is not treason. It is nothing.

Wonderfull thing about the 1st ammendment, gives the right to protest. If during that protest, I burn an American flag in a symbolic gesture. I am partaking in my freedoms. How exactilly do you judge who "Deserves to live here" and who dosent? Do they just need to agree with you?

The 1st Ammendment gives you a right to protest, it DOES NOT give you carte blanche to do anything you want under the guise of a "symbolic gesture."   What is symbolic about an American Citizen burning an American flag?   The symbolism that I see is that this person no longer wishes to be associated with the country and is burning his/her allegiances.  

Based on this, it is perceived that the "burner" no longer wishes to remain part of that country and therefore is definately NOT deserving of living here.

The burning of a country's flag by its own citizens is for radical, left-wing retards who can't think of any other creative way to demonstrate their point of view and are hoping for their 15 seconds in the spotlight.    Too many people have died for that flag to allow it to be burned at a whim.

Back to Top
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 May 2003
Location: Virgin Islands
Status: Offline
Points: 12983
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Me burning a flag doesnt give any enemy my support.....


That would be me burning an Amreican flag because I dislike the proposed ammendment and you saying because I burned the flag I support the ammendment....

Back to Top
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Joined: 10 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 7908
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:28pm
Hades, show me where I used a word wrong...

"The crime of maliciously, voluntarily, and willfully setting fire to the building, buildings, or other property of another or of burning one's own property for an improper purpose, EX as in to collect insurance."

Burning a flag for protest is improper purpose...

Tomato tomoto, your definition for improper purpose is different from mine, but i DID NOT use a word in any wrong context.

Edited by Linus

Back to Top
agentwhale007. View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 2 - Flaming 9/12

Joined: 13 December 2003
Status: Offline
Points: 1178
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Rico's Revenge Rico's Revenge wrote:

Originally posted by agentwhale007. agentwhale007. wrote:

Burning a peice of cloth is not treason. It is nothing.

Wonderfull thing about the 1st ammendment, gives the right to protest. If during that protest, I burn an American flag in a symbolic gesture. I am partaking in my freedoms. How exactilly do you judge who "Deserves to live here" and who dosent? Do they just need to agree with you?

The 1st Ammendment gives you a right to protest, it DOES NOT give you carte blanche to do anything you want under the guise of a "symbolic gesture."   What is symbolic about an American Citizen burning an American flag?   The symbolism that I see is that this person no longer wishes to be associated with the country and is burning his/her allegiances.  

Based on this, it is perceived that the "burner" no longer wishes to remain part of that country and therefore is definately NOT deserving of living here.

The burning of a country's flag by its own citizens is for radical, left-wing retards who can't think of any other creative way to demonstrate their point of view and are hoping for their 15 seconds in the spotlight.    Too many people have died for that flag to allow it to be burned at a whim.

Well I may not have wanted to burn a flag before, but now I will out of protest of this...

Yeah, alot of people died for freedom, not a peice of cloth.


Hey, nice marmot!
Back to Top
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 May 2003
Location: Virgin Islands
Status: Offline
Points: 12983
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:32pm
You forgot to finish reading the definition where it gives the example of what an improper use is.

Rico. The Veterans that died didnt die for the flag, they died for the freedom that the flag represents.

Back to Top
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Joined: 10 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 7908
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:33pm
THAT "Piece of cloth" represents our history smart ass.

I have lost all respect for you and anyone that wants to/has burned OUR FLAG.

People like you DO NOT deserve to live in this country. THis country has done more for you then you have in return.

You disgust me whale.

Back to Top
agentwhale007. View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 2 - Flaming 9/12

Joined: 13 December 2003
Status: Offline
Points: 1178
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:36pm

Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

THAT "Piece of cloth" represents our history smart ass.

I have lost all respect for you and anyone that wants to/has burned OUR FLAG.

People like you DO NOT deserve to live in this country. THis country has done more for you then you have in return.

You disgust me whale.

Oh but thats the wonderfull part about it. You may not think I deserve to live here, but becuase of the freedom of this country (Thanks to the people that fought and died for freedom, not a peice of cloth) I can live here anyway. Gotta love it...


Hey, nice marmot!
Back to Top
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 May 2003
Location: Virgin Islands
Status: Offline
Points: 12983
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:36pm
You think everyone doesnt deserve to live here, that isnt even an insult from you any more because you have used it so much....

Maybe your intolerant views and your unwillingness to accept people's differences qualifies you to be kicked out.

Edited by Hades

Back to Top
agentwhale007. View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 2 - Flaming 9/12

Joined: 13 December 2003
Status: Offline
Points: 1178
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:38pm

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

You think everyone doesnt deserve to live here, that isnt even an insult from you any more because you have used it so much....

Reminds me of the people who think protest and dissent are un-patriotic......


Hey, nice marmot!
Back to Top
Rico's Revenge View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wanna be a cowboy

Joined: 21 January 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3569
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico's Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:39pm

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Rico. The Veterans that died didnt die for the flag, they died for the freedom that the flag represents.

Out of all that I wrote, the only thing you got out if it was a semantic observation?

Thanks for hanging your whole argument... "...they died for the freedom that that flag represents."  

So by burning it you are not exercising your "freedom," you are "symbolically" BURNING your freedom and saying that you no longer wish to be associated with what the flag represents.

Back to Top
Atrosity View Drop Down
Member
Member

Strike 1 - Inappropriate Avatar

Joined: 13 June 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 304
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atrosity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:39pm
#1. We should all know by now that our country is run be a bunch of babbling idiots.
#2. DUBYA TEE EFF, SERIOUSLY. So what we know now is that if your homosexual, 1 of you has to pretend to be transexual to get married legally, because then it would be ok?
"Who me? No I'm quite blunt, like a sledghammer to the temple."-Me
Back to Top
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Joined: 10 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 7908
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:42pm
No, I'm fine with protest, you're right, it is given to us. But, burning an American flag, and the people that died to protect it and us, is just un patriotic.

Hades, I'm not intollerant, I allow people of different types to live in peace, but if I get attacked or some dumbass wants to attack my country, I fight back.

I'm willing ot die for my country, my flag and my fellow citizens that actually care about this great country. If you aren't willing to, ok your decision, but I have less respect for you.

That's not intollerant, thats the way of life in this world now.

SHow me where I have made fun of muslims, jews, blacks, hispanics etc etc... I havn't.


Looks like Rico and I are the only patriotic ones that care enough for the flag and not just th freedoms that ir represents...

Edited by Linus

Back to Top
Rico's Revenge View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wanna be a cowboy

Joined: 21 January 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3569
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico's Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:43pm

Originally posted by Atrosity Atrosity wrote:

#1. We should all know by now that our country is run be a bunch of babbling idiots.
#2. DUBYA TEE EFF, SERIOUSLY. So what we know now is that if your homosexual, 1 of you has to pretend to be transexual to get married legally, because then it would be ok?

Hello Atrosity?   Earth calling, wish you were here.

How about sticking to the point of the topic?

Back to Top
Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 2 - Language, 9/25

Joined: 02 February 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4364
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:43pm
I have burned a flag.
Back to Top
agentwhale007. View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 2 - Flaming 9/12

Joined: 13 December 2003
Status: Offline
Points: 1178
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:44pm

The flag stands for the freedoms of Americans...

Excpet the one to burn said flag in protest, that one dosen't count...


Hey, nice marmot!
Back to Top
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Joined: 10 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 7908
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Hysteria Hysteria wrote:

I have burned a flag.
Ok, American or what?

If it's American, leave our country since you don't like it.

Back to Top
Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 2 - Language, 9/25

Joined: 02 February 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4364
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Rico's Revenge Rico's Revenge wrote:

Originally posted by Atrosity Atrosity wrote:

#1. We should all know by now that our country is run be a bunch of babbling idiots.
#2. DUBYA TEE EFF, SERIOUSLY. So what we know now is that if your homosexual, 1 of you has to pretend to be transexual to get married legally, because then it would be ok?

Hello Atrosity?   Earth calling, wish you were here.

How about sticking to the point of the topic?



This is on topic.  Look at the front page; first post.

Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

No, I'm fine with protest, you're right, it is given to us. But, burning an American flag, and the people that died to protect it and us, is just un patriotic.

Hades, I'm not intollerant, I allow people of different types to live in peace, but if I get attacked or some dumbass wants to attack my country, I fight back.

I'm willing ot die for my country, my flag and my fellow citizens that actually care about this great country. If you aren't willing to, ok your decision, but I have less respect for you.

That's not intollerant, thats the way of life in this world now.

SHow me where I have made fun of muslims, jews, blacks, hispanics etc etc... I havn't.


Looks like Rico and I are the only patriotic ones that care enough for the flag and not just th freedoms that ir represents...


No.  Transsexual is where you are born with BOTH sex's reproductive organs.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.172 seconds.