Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

paintball/respect

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Betterdays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Betterdays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

Yea, a lot of paintballers happen to be sissies... what kind of wuss wears paintball armor...

Originally posted by eliminator eliminator wrote:

yeah i know. in my local pro shop me and my friends were there and this 20 year old guy bout one and everyone laughed at him... it was funny

<Considers rant about the maturity level of some posters. Decides it's not worth the effort>

If body armor gets my girl on the field, I'll buy her as many vests as she wants. 

I think that applies to everyone. Whatever makes you comfortable and gets you in the game is good for the sport.

^Pirate^ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^Pirate^ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 10:43am
I got made fun of too, people said I was dumb for spending so much on one marker and then so much on paint and a tank, then they found out that Matt played too and BAM it was all cool and I was just a copycat.

It aint about black or white
becuz we human
I hope we see the light before it's ruined
My ghetto gospel
USNR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USNR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 10:38am

I think it has to do with the fact that its still a relatively new sport.

Like Rico mentioned, skateboarding didn't command a whole lot of respect when it first started, and now it's grown pretty big.

A couple of more seasons will see paintball getting a little bit more respectable.

At lease I hope.

98_custom22 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Selling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98_custom22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 10:28am
i wear shorts t-shirt and mask i cant stand playing in jeans
98% of ion owners think ions are better than any high end gun. If you would like to bonus ball these idiots put this in your sig.

me:
06 Nasty Nerve
68/4500 +47/3000
halo b
freak kit
Pro-litey View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Quoting Garbage - 7/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro-litey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 10:25am
im sure youre looking forward to it huh?
-Pro-Lite
pen spring on
trig & sear
-98C
Polished Internals
DOP 8 Stage X-Core X-Chamber
Rocket CockII
trig spring mod
stretched sear spring
-both
holes in feed neck
shortend drive spring
eliminator View Drop Down
Drinks from the Toilet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 10:22am

sure!

__||__
[        }------ =() =()
//'   ||
R THOSE MY BALLS ON UR FACE
Pro-litey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro-litey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 10:21am
well if i get some one with a digital camera to take pics after i do, cause im sure i will, ill post the pics for everyone to see.
-Pro-Lite
pen spring on
trig & sear
-98C
Polished Internals
Rocket CockII
trig spring mod
stretched sear spring
-both
holes in feed neck
shortend drive spring
Drinks from the Toilet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 10:19am
id say! man thad kill on ur back wit no protection at all ( i mean like no clothes )
__||__
[        }------ =() =()
//'   ||
Pro-litey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro-litey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 10:18am
man i get too hot in shorts and a T-shirt, one of these days its gunna be so hot im just gunna wear shorts and a mask.itll probably hurt though.
-Pro-Lite
pen spring on
trig & sear
-98C
Polished Internals
Rocket CockII
trig spring mod
stretched sear spring
-both
holes in feed neck
shortend drive spring
Drinks from the Toilet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 10:13am

oh. i wear a jersey and shorts, to hot in jeans !

__||__
[        }------ =() =()
//'   ||
Pro-litey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro-litey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

Yea, a lot of paintballers happen to be sissies... what kind of wuss wears paintball armor...

i dont, i go out in shorts and a T-shirt (and a mask of coarse)
-Pro-Lite
pen spring on
trig & sear
-98C
Polished Internals
Rocket CockII
trig spring mod
stretched sear spring
-both
holes in feed neck
shortend drive spring
Drinks from the Toilet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 10:10am
yeah i know. in my local pro shop me and my friends were there and this 20 year old guy bout one and everyone laughed at him... it was funny
__||__
[        }------ =() =()
//'   ||
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 10:07am
Drinks from the Toilet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Rico's Revenge Rico's Revenge wrote:

Who cares?   Talk about what you like with those that have similar interests.   Skateboarding got the same lack of respect when I was your age (a while ago) and look at it now.

The sooner you learn to stand out in a crowd, the better man you will become.   Trust me.

thanx for the great advice!
__||__
[        }------ =() =()
//'   ||
Pro-litey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro-litey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 10:01am
id could be because a lot of paintballers are hmmmm how can i put this.....SISSIES im not saying that you are but i know a lot that are. so that might be.

Edited by Pro-litey
-Pro-Lite
pen spring on
trig & sear
-98C
Polished Internals
Rocket CockII
trig spring mod
stretched sear spring
-both
holes in feed neck
shortend drive spring
Rico's Revenge View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wanna be a cowboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico's Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 9:49am

Who cares?   Talk about what you like with those that have similar interests.   Skateboarding got the same lack of respect when I was your age (a while ago) and look at it now.

The sooner you learn to stand out in a crowd, the better man you will become.   Trust me.

Drinks from the Toilet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 9:43am
y rn't paintballers respected?? in our school me and my friends are alaways made fun of for talkin about our intrest in paintball. y r paintballers looked down on but other spots are glorried?? we should be the ones respected unlike wossey non contacted we can be injuried i just don't understand!!
__||__
[        }------ =() =()
//'   ||
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic