Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cutting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 1:02pm
Cutting isnt done for the rush, more of the releasing of the pain inside because the person doing it doesnt know a different way of getting rid of the pain inside.

And yes, like Prod said, the numb thing to... That doent apply to my case as much so I forget. :P

Edited by Hades

Trogdor2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trogdor2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 1:03pm
Man...  I have a friend who I think cuts.  Anyone have suggestions about how to confront her about it?
Something unknown is doing we don't know what. That is what our knowledge amounts to. - Sir Arthur Eddington
^Pirate^ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^Pirate^ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 1:03pm

I did once but just to make swelling go down.

I'm more of an attack things person.

It aint about black or white
becuz we human
I hope we see the light before it's ruined
My ghetto gospel
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 1:06pm
Just let her know that your there for her and you want to listen to whatever she wants to talk about. Just offer her some support.

I too have tried destroying things but that gets expensive.

crazy_dave View Drop Down
Strike 2, Filter Dodging.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy_dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Trogdor2 Trogdor2 wrote:

Man... I have a friend who I think cuts.
Anyone have suggestions about how to confront her about it?

Talk to her about it, get her in a room where its a 1 on 1 convo,
and gently say, "I have a question for you"

and she'll hopefully say, "What is it?"

And then Say,"I have think you cut, but i seriously hope you
dont. and i just want to know do you?"

Ask this in a "sweet" low, relaxing voice.
Real guns have gills.
xteam View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xteam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 1:07pm
nope, cant say i have
ultimatetrooper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Hardcore Ghetto Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultimatetrooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 1:10pm
My bestfriend/girlfriend for a period of time/friend is a cutter. It is sad. SO bad it made me want to cut. But I never did.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 1:12pm
I wouldnt directly come out and ask her about it. Build up some trust and support first. Otherwise she is going to deny it and kick you out of her room.

You could also be a gentleman and give her something else to thing about.

But seriously, just offer an ear for her to talk too. In my exerience, I was never really willing to disscuss what was bothering me with anyone and that lead to cutting.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy_dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 1:14pm
^^^
Real guns have gills.
mysteriousone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysteriousone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 1:17pm
sadly yes i have cut before. Back when my parents were fighting and i mean like throwing things at each other fighting. I would go to my room and pull out a knife and cut my arm. i continued this act of stupidity for months until one day my brother saw the scars and demanded i get help. It was really hard to stop sorta like an addiction but after a year of counceling i no longer cut but i still have scars to remind me of my horrible past.
"Where is your beer tonight? I hope its a heineken."
Jesus is my savior
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 1:19pm
I've never cut, but I've hurt myself in other ways.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy_dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by reifidom reifidom wrote:

I've never cut, but I've hurt myself in other
ways.

in what ways? If you don't mind me asking.
Real guns have gills.
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 1:26pm
When I can't stand the way I'm feeling I beat myself in the head as hard as I can. I get bad tastes in my mouth, my ears ring constantly, and I see flashes of light sometimes. I've been doing this since I can remember. At least 23 years. In the past I've also hit inanimate objects until my knuckles are shredded. I don't feel a thing.

However I get queasy if I start to direct that physical rage at another person.

Edited by reifidom

Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 1:27pm
Why?

Trogdor2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trogdor2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by mysteriousone mysteriousone wrote:

sadly yes i have cut before. Back when my parents were fighting and i mean like throwing things at each other fighting. I would go to my room and pull out a knife and cut my arm. i continued this act of stupidity for months until one day my brother saw the scars and demanded i get help. It was really hard to stop sorta like an addiction but after a year of counceling i no longer cut but i still have scars to remind me of my horrible past.

I went through some stuff like that earlier this year.  I'm gonna tell the whole story because I don't want to forget about it.  It's sort of a key moment in my life.

My parents haven't been getting along well at all for their entire 28 year marrige.  My dad hasn't had any sort of income since I was born and my mom has been carrying a huge load of stress.  He got himself absorbed in all these racing clubs (like dirt track stock cars) and the like so he was never home and my mom had no time to think about anything but working and getting money for the family.  Then she sort of snapped one morning when they were supposed to be getting me to school.  There was a huge screaming fight and I think my dad hit my mom in the face with something because she had a little cut and some bruising later.  I was pretty scared and I didn't know what to do so I acted like nothing happened.  In the following weeks, there were talks about divorce and me having to live with my uncle in Florida (and we live in Northern NJ so I'd have to move half a country away).  Finally, one night I was just practicing trumpet and my dad runs into the room screaming and says "Shut the hell up!" and the my mom comes in and starts yelling at him for something.  It was pretty chaotic.  They sort things out and go into their seperate rooms but my dad went into the basement.  My mom and I were just sitting there watching a pretty good episode of Law and Order.  10 minutes pass and we don't hear anything from my dad who had been in the basement the whole time.  My mom goes down there to try to get him to come back up and all I hear is her scream at the top of her lungs.  I didn't know what was going on and I was really scared.  I figured he had pulled a gun or a knife on her or something.  I couldn't really move at all.  They're all screaming at eachother and I couldn't hear anything but blood rushing in my head and stuff.  Then I start getting a grip and I hear her being like "don't do it" and "it's not worth it".  Then I think "holy crap...  he's gonna kill himself".  I just break down on my knees and start sort of praying more for comfort than anything else.  About half an hour later they both come up and she's sobbing and he had the wierdest look I've ever seen.  His eyes were totaly glazed over and it looked like he was looking right through me.  She convinced him to go to a hotel for the night and she spent the rest of the night crying on the couch.

I was in a totaly different state of mind for the next month or so.  I couldn't say a word to him about anything.  I didn't start cutting, but I took up biking.  I would be doing around 30 miles a day just to avoid being at home with him in the house.

He started going to counceling and went on anti-depressents.  We still have a really bad relationship and the divorce is pending.
Something unknown is doing we don't know what. That is what our knowledge amounts to. - Sir Arthur Eddington
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 1:29pm
It's nothing I think about doing. When I lose my temper I just instinctively go for my own head. It's like I'm trying to vent the anger and hate and punish myself for feeling that way at the same time. I've been pretty good about holding back for a couple of years now.

Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 1:30pm
Yes, inflicting pain on one's self, is more then cutting. Technically, I have never cut, but I have ripped off chunks of skin, had friends shove things under my fingernails, gotten in fights just to get beaten up. Oh and once I had a buddy swing a 2 inch thick solid wood dowel at my shins, I still feel the pain from that every once in a while. Also I have used irresponsible paintball play to have pain inflicted. Over ten years after I started I still have be be careful and pay atrention to what I am doing and fight the urges not to inflict further pain upon myself. I have a very high tolerance for pain so it is just easier for me to ignore the physical pain then deal with the pain on the inside.

There are better ways, to resolve your issues.

lester98c View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
i wish my title was "different"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lester98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 1:47pm

Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Never

Paintball is my way of stress relief... someting about inflicting pain on strangers...

i never did but i know a few people

agentwhale007. View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Flaming 9/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 1:53pm
No, but I do listen to Linkin park in my room at night while I cry and post on my LiveJournal.

Hey, nice marmot!
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 1:57pm
Speaking of live journals, that is what some members need instead of using the T&O section of this forum as their own personal live journal. The problem is that they people know nobody is going to read their live journal eslewhere on the web so they force people to read it here.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic