FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wakeboarding help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wakeboarding help
    Posted: 21 June 2005 at 11:57am
Well, Just got a wakeboard the other day. Needless to say, the first 2 days sucked.

At first I couldn't even stand up.

Now I can, and I can turn the board forward, but the board won't get abve the surface and my feet will drag under the water and I'll just fall down.

Anyone THAT CAN BOARD, got any tips?

Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 11:59am
Ever snowboard?  I'd imagine it would be atleast slightly simliar.

To keep your feet above the water try to keep the front tip of the board angled up a little.

Edited by Glassjaw
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 12:01pm
Yes, I live in Michigan, of course I've snowboarded

I've read some tips from pros and they say put 60% of yoru weight on the front foot, which would angle the nose down...

I dunno, trial and error time I guess

Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 12:02pm
Oh, well than I have no idea heh.  But yeah, trial and error seems to be the best here.
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 12:04pm
Ya, Sat I couldn't even get up, yesterday I could get up and level and straight, just couldn't STAY up... fun to have your arms pulled by a baot when you are face first in the water

Dom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 12:28pm
To first get up the nose of the board will be angled down, that's when you put the 60% of your weight on your front foot. After getting up and reaching top speeds you lean back, transferring the weight to the back of the board, giving you the effect of gliding accross the water.

You'll get the hang of it, saying it is way easier than doing it, it just takes practice.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 12:31pm
Sounds like you need the boat to be going faster.

Also even if you fall down, at all costs dont ever let go of the rope.

Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Also even if you fall down, at all costs dont ever let go of the rope.

Especially don't let go if you're going into the path of rocks. It's way better to just skip over them holding on to the rope than to let go and hit them.
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 2:32pm
what kind of boat do you have pulling you?...chances are the boat isn't fast enough or doesn't have enough power to pull you

Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
pimptastik View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Forum Wearer of Stupid Clothing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pimptastik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by :ShockeR_ratm: :ShockeR_ratm: wrote:

what kind of boat do you have pulling you?...chances are the boat isn't fast enough or doesn't have enough power to pull you

or that he has to much weight on his front foot.  
<no ginormous sigs please>
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 4:27pm
17ft Four Winns... don't know what type I'll try and check before I go to work.

Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 5:35pm
I like waterskiing better myself.
I need a new Sig...
Jetinal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jetinal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 5:40pm

if u've got a boom try using tht to get the hang of actually standing and gliding across water tht shld help u for wen u get up, but whilst gettin up i just sit back and pretty much as soon as im gettin pulled i get into my front first position, or u cld try gliding across the water for a few seconds with the board horizontal then turning so the nose is pointin the boat.

pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 6:15pm
What are you guys talking about? You are supposed to let go of the rope.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic