Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Tippmann BT-16 Barrel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Odin11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odin11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Tippmann BT-16 Barrel
    Posted: 19 June 2005 at 5:35pm
Someone please tell me what the bore size of the bt-tippmann barrel is or what good paintballs for it. I am new and bought a custom 98 with bt-16 barrel and i have been reatding a lot of reviews and they say its hard to find the right paintballs for it. Please help.
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 5:37pm
E-mail BT....
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Odin11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odin11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 5:39pm
well how do where do i email them? and what is "milsim"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 5:40pm
Mil sim=military simulation

Go to BT's website.

BT is ben tippmann, its not a part of the tippmann company.

Edited by You Wont See Me
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Odin11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odin11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 5:41pm

isnt this his web site?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 5:43pm
No, this is tippmann.

Ben Tippmann is a whole different company.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Odin11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odin11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 5:46pm
hey you wont see me, you seem to know a lot. So barrels dont chop balls right? Well i have a richochet apache laoder and a response trigger. Does the laoder speed have anything to do with chopping balls or anything? All the reviews are saying things about "you have to find the correct balls size or the bt-16 will chop balls." Are they right or does their gun suck?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 5:53pm
Barrels dont chop balls. Chopping balls is when the bolt pinches a ball and causes it to pop because it wasn't fully loaded in the breach before being fired.

Barrels can however break balls when the barrel is too small for the ball or when the ball has defects.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Odin11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odin11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 5:55pm
what i heard is when testing paintballs trying rolling a ball through your barrel. With the correct size it shouldnt roll through but you should be able to blow it through. And also, is the ricochet apache loader good?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 5:58pm
What you heard is corect. To get the proper sized ball you should be able to gently blow it through the barrel.

I'm currently considering buying the Apache for my Ion. It seems to be a great Hopper.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Odin11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odin11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 6:00pm

i heard it was 20 bps about. And response triggers cant go fully auto can they, bear with me, im a newb

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 6:01pm
Yes, R/T's can go fully auto. But it takes tuniing.

On a 98C you could see speeds of up to 24 cycles per second(i've seen 21bps) if you have it tuned right.

Edited by You Wont See Me
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Odin11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odin11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 6:03pm
tuned? hmm...well i have no idea how to tune one so hopefully its already tuned by the guy im buying it from. And are remote cords better for your co2 life?
Odin11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odin11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 6:05pm
and what happens if its not tuned and you try fully auto, does it jam or something?
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 6:06pm

Hopefully.

If it isn't tuned right, then the RT wont work or will work poorly. It wont hurt the gun to have a poorly tuned RT.

Remotes can help your amount of shots a little bit; they serve mostly to get the tank out of the way and allow room for the liquid c02 to expand into a gas. Gas running through the gun is much better than liquid, I must say.

Edited by hybrid-sniper
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 6:07pm
If its not tuned, it wont go fully auto. Its all about how you pull the trigger. When tuned, you can pull the trigger about halfway back and it will go fully auto. If its not tuned it just wont do it.

Remotes can help by acting as an expansion chamber and giving the liquid c02 more room to expand. It will help your consistancy.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Odin11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odin11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 6:10pm

so are marblizers good because thats the only thing i can find...that and brass eagle but i heard those were horrible

Edited by Odin11
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 6:11pm
Marbalizers are great paintballs.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Odin11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odin11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 6:13pm
how many shots can a 9oz co2 and 12oz co2 get ya and if you leave the co2 sitting around for a while, will it wear out?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 6:18pm
Fron a 9 oz you can expect around 400-500 shots with a 98C.

12 oz around 650-750

No the c02 will not "wear out"
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic