Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

In responce to my bible thread.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Wayland View Drop Down
Say hello to my little friend, BANNED

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 12:44am
Originally posted by Brunse Brunse wrote:

Wayland

u are from vietman {communist dont beleive in religen}

Brunse, you are from America most americans can spell

Dere was one time when I was in da bat-tub and I wa sitteen dere, <poopy>

Look d00dz, my sig got <poopy>'d
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 12:44am
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

For those of you that say Christians are imposing their views and principles on everyone else, I'd like to say that you're either living in a cave or have smoked one too many. Nobody's forced to live any way they don't want to, and that theory really gets on my nerves. George W. Bush and the Pope (for some reason they're being used in the same category ) have done nothing to enforce their way on me or anyone else.

President Bush does attempt to force his personal religous beliefs onto other people. I did not mean that he goes up to them and says, "Your now, going to be Christian." What he does do is say, "My religion and personal beliefs says that same gender marriage is yucky, a sin, and a threat to the marriage defintion, so I am going to pass laws that say, No Same Gender marriages are legal or can be legally recognized." Using your own political powers to deny someone else something they feel in their own personal belief system is okay; is forcing your religious beliefs onto someone else.

Brunse View Drop Down

Strike 2 - Need’s Mom’s okay to post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brunse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 12:45am
england found out about states being formed so he send troops over
Brunse
Tippmann 98 Custom
Flatline
R/T
Comp-Air
JCS Bipod
Rocket Cock II
Shocktech Supafly Bolt
Reloader II
"Only the dead have seen the end of the war"
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 12:46am

Forced prayer in school is a bad thing-but I also think that forbidding anyone from praying over the speakers at a high-school football is a bad thing. People mistake exposure to religion with enforcing religion.

Why does the prayer have to be broadcast over the speaker system where people that dont want to hear it are forced to?

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 12:46am
Originally posted by Brunse Brunse wrote:

england found out about states being formed so he send troops over

England was a country, not a person . . .
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 12:55am

Hades, I underestand your point better. Marriage, however, is a Biblical institution. We can argue other things, but marriage in the terms of US marriage is deeply rooted in the Bible. So naturally it goes by Biblical guidelines for marriage. I have no problem with homosexual unions. Have at.

Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 12:58am
Brunse needs a spell checker.  I found one for him, it looks like he needs some help

http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/

SPELL IT OUT BRUNSE, YOU CAN DO IT.
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 12:59am

Hades, I underestand your point better. Marriage, however, is a Biblical institution. We can argue other things, but marriage in the terms of US marriage is deeply rooted in the Bible. So naturally it goes by Biblical guidelines for marriage. I have no problem with homosexual unions. Have at.

I'll have at: marriage in the United States is not necessarily deeply rooted in the Bible.

That being the fundamental root of your argument, I'd make one hell (excuse the ironic reference) of an attempt to prove me to be wrong and and your point to be correct.

Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 1:03am
I think marriage between a man and woman was around looong before the bible was...

Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 1:04am
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 1:05am

http://www.theweekmagazine.com/briefing.asp?a_id=567

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/civilunions/a/MarriageFeb05 .htm

Where do you think the term "holy matrimony" comes from Ejp? Marriage in the US is more than just a contract-even though the term "marriage" isn't a new one as a contract, the way it is used in the US has traditionally been a religious one.

Klaus View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Filterdodge - 7/21

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 1:34am

hmm...Interesting....

There were a few arguements along the lines of "why does God let bad things happen" or "why do people always compliment the good God does and ignore the bad he does"...well, God does no wrong, but Satan does plenty...Satan/the Devil is the reason for all the hurting, all the sorrow, and all the anguish in this world, at least in my belief...

I firmly believe in God and his Word, and it cleary forbids homosexual relations, yet I believe tolerance is better than hatred, I sin, so it would be hypocritical to consider homosexuals to be hell-bound

Only my opinion...

ps..Brunse...settle down

Edit-That damn link at the beginning is pissing me off...its misrepresenting the information, and clearly twisting it to come off as foolish
Such As-
"God kills everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah. This was because, so say the Christian Right, some homosexuals lived there"
-God wiped Sodom and Gomorrah out because they were filled with immorral inhabitants, whose were not just "a couple of homosexuals", but an entire population of sexopaths (yep, I made up a word, deal with it) who molested each other, children, and animals...

Edited by Klaus
agentwhale007. View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Flaming 9/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 1:58am

Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

Thems facts buddy.

Hey, nice marmot!
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 3:17am
Brunse.. Go to church, work on becoming a better christian. Never post again.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 6:41am

Where do you think the term "holy matrimony" comes from Ejp? Marriage in the US is more than just a contract-even though the term "marriage" isn't a new one as a contract, the way it is used in the US has traditionally been a religious one.

It is true that the initial institution of marriage came from religion. However, as an atheist I will marry my catholic fiance on our wedding date. Even as an atheist I can go get married infront of a justice of the peace if a preacher will not do it for me. So in that situation, since the term marriage has lost it's luster and became the socially accepted term, it should apply to all of those that want to spend the rest of their lives with each other.

fractus.scud View Drop Down
well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 12:38pm
Am I the only person to notice that the male and female bodies are ment to go together? I mean, two homosexuals cannot reproduce. It's obvious that men and women were made for eachother.

Benny go home!
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 12:43pm
Two male bodies fit together just fine...   you should give it a try.
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by fractus.scud fractus.scud wrote:

Am I the only person to notice that the male and female bodies are ment to go together? I mean, two homosexuals cannot reproduce. It's obvious that men and women were made for eachother.

A sterile woman and a man cannot reproduce either. What about them?

Now, DBibeau, let's consider the institution of marriage in the United States of America.

In a Catholic church you marry a Catholic girl and live in a happy, Catholic marriage for the rest of your lives, and your taxes, will restrictions, and responsibilities are altered by law in the United States of America because a judge marks down your names and slaps down the "MARRIED" stamp.

In the back garden of an expensive synogogue in north New York City, a Jewish couple are married, just after kicking their heels down onto the glass bottles, thorougly wrapped in clear bags as to avoid cuts and injuries. Everyone cheers at this, and they live a happy, Jewish marriage for the rest of their lives, and their taxes, will restrictions, and responsibilities are altered by law in the United States of America because a judge marks down your names and slaps down the "MARRIED" stamp.

Two atheists rent out a beautiful veranda in a high-scale restaurant, invite all of their friends, and make up any ceremony that they'd like, somewhere along the line exchanging rings for tradition. After the honeymoon, they notify the proper officials, proceeding to live a happy, atheist marriage for the rest of their lives, and their taxes, will restrictions, and responsibilities are altered by law in the United States of America because a judge marks down your names and slaps down the "MARRIED" stamp.

—Etc., etc. Do you see the similarity in the different scenarios? All are plausible. American marriage has nothing to do with religion as it is. Hold any ceremony that you'd like, be it Christian or otherwise, and you can be married here. In Massachusetts, I believe it is, you can enter a homosexual marriage. Isn't it simply amazing how American law provides for the Constitution it was based on rather than the Bible, on which it was not based?

With all this in mind, I feel that it is fairly safe to say that American, legal marriage and the Christian sacrament of Holy Matrimony have little in common and are independent of each other. Hence my first statement on the matter:

Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

I'll have at: marriage in the United States is not necessarily deeply rooted in the Bible.

Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Two male bodies fit together just fine...   you should give it a try.

This reminds me of a McD's commercial... MMMM. I'm loving it.

agentwhale007. View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Flaming 9/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 3:26pm

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Two male bodies fit together just fine...   you should give it a try.

This reminds me of a McD's commercial... MMMM. I'm loving it.

Excuse me.

Its Ba ba ba Ba ba, Im Lovin' It.

[/McPloyee Knowledge]

Hey, nice marmot!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic