Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

In responce to my bible thread.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
MultiColoredJ View Drop Down

1 strike, language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MultiColoredJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 10:18pm
The bible is a piece of historical literature. Believing in the bible is like believing in Zombies. Might be real.
Back and with a vengeance.
gt 5.0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt 5.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 10:39pm

hey everyone I saw a bunch of people post how there is disease,famine,and other disasters and that there cant be a God because of this. Well let me ask you this, if the world was perfect and nobody needed a thing would anyone trust in God? would anyone need to?

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 10:44pm

No.  And wouldn't that be nice?

So your argument is that god created a crappy world on purpose just so people would have to pray to him for special favors?

hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 10:50pm
  No one ever mentioned the "promised land".  If God's people would have gone there in the first place, there would be no natural desasters, famine, or disease.
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 10:58pm

And how about the "Chosen People"?

Don't you think 5,000 years of punishment on their decendants is pretty rough, when all they did was get lost on the way to the Promised Land?

Chosen my behind...

DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

There is no why i could give you for any of gods actions.

Why is it that Christians are quick to give praise to god when something good happens, but give the old "god moves in mysterious ways" excuse when something bad happens?

If god gets the credit, he should also get the blame. Both or neither.

God does get credit. For both. People die and you always hear, how can god do that to me blah blah blah.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 11:08pm

^^^^   True dat.  But that guy is always surrounded by ten other guys telling how this is part of god's plan, or god moves in mysterious ways, and so forth.

And every time there is a natural disaster or something, every pastor in the land becomes an apologist for god.

I have NEVER EVER heard any clergy of any kind declare that "yeah, god screwed that up", or "boy, god must have missed his coffee this morning" or anything like that.

The only people complaining about bad god, bad god, are the guys on the way out of the church.

Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 11:14pm
Evangelizing doesn't mean standing on a street corner yelling "REPENT OR BURN IN HELL!!" It means leading by example.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 11:15pm
God himself isnt completely infalible. He says this himself. Basicaly, in the bible in genisis, he says he made a mistake, he kills the world with a flood, then he basicaly goes "Ooops, oh, oh, that was my bad... my bad yall..here's a rainbow..my bad.."
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 11:16pm

I've never heard a pastor apologize for God. And the whole "God moves in mysterious ways" phrase is simply a generic way to keep from explaining something to people. I believe that sometimes things happen because things happen, and alot of times things happen as a result of people's screwed up lives. If you throw yourself in front of a train, it'll probably run over you. God didn't make it run over you, and He didn't stop it. You shouldn't have thrown yourself in front of a train.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 11:18pm
Yep, exactly, crack baby gets thrown in a dumptser. God didnt do it. It happened because the mom had been suckin down crack for 13 years and was cracked out of her skull.
Homer J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 11:20pm
And people that blame disasters on God are thinking magically. They see God as a Zeus-like figure wearing a white robe with a white beard who sits up there with a staff manipulating things. That's not what happens. Everything was set into motion, and things (good or bad) generally (with some exceptions) either happen or they don't. People say "there's a reason for everything that happens", but that's not true. Some stuff just happens.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that there are no accidents or coincidences. Both extremes (nothing is an accident, or everything was one big accident) are wrong.

Edited by Homer J
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 11:23pm
Yep.. Psidons trident turned into the devils pitch fork. The sun behind the head of Ra turned into halos. And the stereotypical picture of God looks suspiciously like Zues.
Homer J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 11:26pm
That's the only image artists had to go by, but people took it too literally. Western Christians have a hard time not seeing God as a physical being. Eastern Christians (Orthodox, Maronites, Chaldeans, etc.) see things much differently.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 11:28pm
The point is that the early christian church absorbed symbols in an effort to absorb and kill other religions.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 11:38pm
What is wrong with the crack babies being thrown in the dumpster. According the to Christian belief, that kid gets a free ticket to Heaven. I would say that is a much better option then the crack babies lives on earth that they get to live.

Persephone's mother is a foster care provider to badies whose mothers are addicted to crack and have addicted the child to crack. Some of the things I have seen happen to these kids, I would rather see them get tossed in the dumpster than live a life on earth.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 11:40pm

Weeelllllll....

What you guys are describing is almost a Deist perspective, with the absent god.

Christianity, on the other hand, describes an active and involved god.  We are forever hearing about divine intervention.  So if god could intervene to cure little Billy's cancer, why couldn't he intervene to stop Jill's cancer, or to stop the occasional tsunami?

Moreover, god is omnipotent and omniscient.  That means that god has the knowledge of badness, and the power to stop it.  Logic tells me that only volition is missing.

God is viewed as a Zeus-like figure because that is how the Christian church has presented him.  What you guys are describing is not Christianity.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

What is wrong with the crack babies being thrown in the dumpster. According the to Christian belief, that kid gets a free ticket to Heaven. I would say that is a much better option then the crack babies lives on earth that they get to live.

Persephone's mother is a foster care provider to badies whose mothers are addicted to crack and have addicted the child to crack. Some of the things I have seen happen to these kids, I would rather see them get tossed in the dumpster than live a life on earth.

Eh, that wasnt the issue really. Kid gets shot in a driveway, whatever.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 11:44pm

For those of you that say Christians are imposing their views and principles on everyone else, I'd like to say that you're either living in a cave or have smoked one too many. Nobody's forced to live any way they don't want to, and that theory really gets on my nerves. George W. Bush and the Pope (for some reason they're being used in the same category ) have done nothing to enforce their way on me or anyone else. If his beliefs make you mad, get over it. I don't complain about the beliefs of Muslims, Jews, Budhists, or Atheists. But it seems that it's always the atheists that are complaining about the Christians. I don't care what you believe-I'll discuss anything with anybody here, but if my beliefs rub you wrong I really don't care.

Brunse View Drop Down

Strike 2 - Need’s Mom’s okay to post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brunse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 11:45pm
hitman, god made us to test us to see if we are loyal and live to his word then he will grant us in to heaven. earth is a test and god did not made evil we took it to our selfs to evil eatin the apple and obay the devil
Brunse
Tippmann 98 Custom
Flatline
R/T
Comp-Air
JCS Bipod
Rocket Cock II
Shocktech Supafly Bolt
Reloader II
"Only the dead have seen the end of the war"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic