Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

In responce to my bible thread.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 6:08pm
How is earthquakes, floods, tornados, famines, sunamis, plagues.... mankind's fault?

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 6:09pm
i could see famines, but nothing Earth related.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 6:11pm
I am not talking about modern day famines, I am talking about when technology wasnt as good as it is now and not everyone had enough to eat.

If Freewill is truly free, then God should except the fact that people will chose not to worship him and punish them for it.

Edited by Hades

DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

How is earthquakes, floods, tornados, famines, sunamis, plagues.... mankind's fault?

When was our last honest to god famine or plauge? Natural disaster are part of how the earth works. We are just in the way. The world is a toilet because of our deeds. Pakistan, Honk Kong(the Walled City) projects, these places exist because of the inequities of the masses. We have things set in place to manage earthquakes, floods, tornados, famines, sunamies and plagues. What we dont know how to take car of is our brothers and sisters, we do nothing when evil men kill thousands, we do nothing when corporations rob men and women, we do nothing when a rich man, shuts down parts of his company, outsources the labor and cripples an antire town. But it isnt our fault these things happen, they shouldnt happen in the first place. The reason they do, is because we dont care about our brothers and sisters as we should.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 6:42pm

That's taking a pretty broad view of "we"...

So it's ok that infants die from preventable disease, because it is the fault of other humans?

All humans are liable for the faults of all other humans?

That's pretty brutal...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 6:45pm
What I am saying, is that the world can be a bit of a toilet because people are greedy. Hospitals charge 150 for a vaccination, 40 for an ace bandage. Its crap. My sister was in a car accident and was in the hospital 2 days. 14,000 dollar bill. It sucks. Its because of greed. If people would watch out for others more, the world would be a better place. For instance, how many bad hippie convents are there?
^Pirate^ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^Pirate^ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

That's taking a pretty broad view of "we"...

So it's ok that infants die from preventable disease, because it is the fault of other humans?

All humans are liable for the faults of all other humans?

That's pretty brutal...

Mixed agreement.

Where is Honk Kong? Is it next to Donkey Kong? King Kong? Ping Pong? Ding Dong? Sing a Song?

It aint about black or white
becuz we human
I hope we see the light before it's ruined
My ghetto gospel
Impulse. View Drop Down
Banned for linkage to Doll Pron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impulse. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 6:47pm
All your questions can be answered by watching Dogma.
fractus.scud View Drop Down
well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 7:21pm

Floods and crap are going to happen. It's part of how the Earth works. They have to happen, if they didn't God wouldn't have made them. The problem is we build in places we shouldn't be building. Take Florida for example, why the heck do they allow them to build mobil homes and houses not suitible to ride out a Category 2 hurricane? Why do people build shacks on unstable mountain where it rains a lot? Mobil homes in tornado alley? I mean common. Most of these deaths could have been prevented by the commen sense of not building ultra weak buildings in areas prone to catastrophic forces.

Blaming everything on God is taking the easy way out. God gives us challenges in life. He does this, and said he does it to weed out the true believers from the non believers and imposters like people who say I'm Catholic (but really haven't been to Church in years for no reason) And look around, there is still plenty of good stuff God has given us, don't be so pessimistic. "His covenant my shield" Yeah crap will happen, but God will help us move on.

Benny go home!
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 8:32pm
Humor me some more...

Why is Prostate Cancer for men and Breast/Ovarian cancer for women their faults or the fault's of mankind?

Edited by Hades

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 8:36pm
Not what i said.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 8:39pm
Okay what is God's answer for creating it or allowing it to exist.

Also I dont think there is a single location on this earth that isnt threatened by some form of enviromential distaster. Even if there are it certianly wont fit 6 billion people.

well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 8:42pm
It's not heir faults, it's part of being humans, and immortals. How 'bout this story. A young kid living near me got severely ill from cancer and other sicknesses. He ended going into what should've been permenant coma. He came out of it, and for months lived, enjoying every second he had. He prayed not for himself, but for his friends and family. He said. He took the illness he knew would soon kill him as "his challenge of faith" He remained loyal to God, saying he knew God was not punishing him, and even though he knew he would die still prayed to God. He died last week. He remained loyal to God even through the hardest times, much harder times than any of us here have ever been through, yet he remained faithful. He sayed God gave me the strength to live for as long as he did, whch was many months more than any docter thought he'd live. God gave him the ultimate challenge, and he passed. I'm sure he is in Heaven now.

Benny go home!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 8:44pm
There is no why i could give you for any of gods actions.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 8:45pm
Sounds like [to me atleast] God isnt very fair if he makes some people's lives harder than others....

Why isnt everyone given the ultimate challege to prove their faith?

well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 8:51pm

Actually those who have easy lives are facing just as hard a test. They have nothing to worry about, and many of them see no reason to worship God or anything. Each person has his/her unique challenges. Some harder than others yes, but our challenges normally go against our faults.

Benny go home!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 8:51pm
Bad things happen, but not to prove your faith. You prove your faith by believing. Its in the valleys that we grow. By this i mean. In our lives, we have highs, and we have lows. Times that are easy and times that are hard. These hard times are the valleys, valleys are full of growth, full of life. Hard times are the time when we learn most about ourselves, if your whole live is sheltered, free of pain, what kind of life is that? What kind of person would you be. You are who you are because of the tough times you have been through.

Edited by DBibeau855
soonerdude05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soonerdude05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 9:56pm
There actually wouldn't be any troubles in the world if man hadn't sinned in the first place. God told Adam and Eve not to eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge but they did. Because they disobeyed they were punished and forced out of the garden. That's why we have sin and all the other troubles in our lives. Because of the sins of man not because of God.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 10:08pm

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

There is no why i could give you for any of gods actions.

Why is it that Christians are quick to give praise to god when something good happens, but give the old "god moves in mysterious ways" excuse when something bad happens?

If god gets the credit, he should also get the blame.  Both or neither.

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 10:11pm

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Sounds like [to me atleast] God isnt very fair if he makes some people's lives harder than others....

Why isnt everyone given the ultimate challege to prove their faith?

They are-it's called life. Most people forget that God set the world in motion and lets man deal with it. Man sinned the Garden of Eden, man and his race were given the world in all of its fury. Our bodies are fallible. We live-we die. God promised Adam and Eve that they would be mortals. Which means that death happens. And if you want to get into technicals-more babies are killed by abortions than natural causes. There have been more babies killed by abortion since RoeVWade than Jews in the holocaust. Look it up. I'm not advocating or protesting the subject of abortion-I'm simply saying man does more to himself than God "allows". A tsunami is a part of nature-so are droughts and famines. God said that would happen. Man chose sin over eternal life in the Garden of Eden. We're simply along for the ride.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic