Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

accuracy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
gary69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: accuracy
    Posted: 17 June 2005 at 6:07pm
ok, i know this is probabaly on here somewhere but i can seem to find it. how do i get my 98 custom to choot more accurate. i alays get out because people charge me kenowing i cant hit the broadside of a barn with my gun. i am good with other guns and i know it is not me. becasue i can see the ball curve way off course after leavin the barrel. i already have a longer barrel on it but it dosent change the accuracy. what should i do?
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 6:20pm

Oh god.

First of all, what barrel do you have? What paint? Does the paint match the barrel? Is the paint dimpled? How long is the barrel? What velocity are you at? Gun setup, air source, etc.

We need to know these things. 

gary69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 6:31pm
i have the barrel you can get at any **edited** or dunhams. i believe it is 18'' long. i use DBX practice grade paint how do i know if it matches my barrel? it is not dimpled. i dont know my exact velocity but i kee the screw head for the velocity flush with the hole for it. 20oz tank. niothin els customized and i use c02...answer your questions?
pbdude985 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbdude985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 6:52pm
Well it is probally becuase of the barrel , my suggestion would be to get a Lapco bigshot or some kind of J&J.  If you put a ball in the barrel and it roles right through it is to small , If you put a ball and the barrel and it gets stuck and you have to push it out with something it is to big.  If you can blow the ball out of the barrel it is fine.  hope this helped.
craig_74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craig_74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 7:05pm

paint to barrel match has nothing to do with accuracy

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by craig_74 craig_74 wrote:

No. Just, no.

youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

No. Just, no.

ninety8freak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I have two kinds of wet in my pants

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninety8freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by youm0nt youm0nt wrote:

No. Just, no.

omg, wow

craig_74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craig_74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 7:29pm

i read in an article somewhere that paint to barrel match doesn't matter on the accuracy.  the guy who wrote it said he used the same gun, same velocity, same barrel, new balls, pretty much like a scientific expirement.  he said whether the ball rolls through or it gets slightly stuck, both balls will create a seal in the barrel having the same accuracy. the only difference between sizes is that a ball that gets slightly stuck in the barrel will have slightly less velocity and distance than a ball that rolls through because there is more friction between the barrel and the ball.  my friends and i agree with it because we dont notice any difference either.

craig_74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craig_74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 7:35pm

found that site with the article.  check it out for yourself

http://paintball-review.com/paintball-article-69.html

"Anybody who tell you otherwise" (paint has to be matched) "doesn't know what they're talking about.

tigman250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigman250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by ninety8freak ninety8freak wrote:

Originally posted by youm0nt youm0nt wrote:

No. Just, no.

omg, wow

are you kidding me? I ain't even gonna touch that one+

Gary go to the search button.... see it......now click it......search for accuracy.......search in topic subject.........in the upgrades and customizing(these pull down menus are there for a reason)........click start search  there are 26 posts in there change the keyword to accurizing........98 accuracy......98c accuracy 98 custom accuracy a-5 accuracy  the possibilities are endless

Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 9:06pm

No. Just, no.

Im kinda with hybrid. ...his name is hybrid sniper...and i have problems with my evil paint cause it gets stuck in my barrel.  I have a 16" werks and since we're on the subject what paint do y'all use?

You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 9:20pm

<FONT face="arial, helvetica, verdana" size=2>i read in an article somewhere that paint to barrel match doesn't matter on the accuracy.  the guy who wrote it said he used the same gun, same velocity, same barrel, new balls, pretty much like a scientific expirement.  he said whether the ball rolls through or it gets slightly stuck, both balls will create a seal in the barrel having the same accuracy. the only difference between sizes is that a ball that gets slightly stuck in the barrel will have slightly less velocity and distance than a ball that rolls through because there is more friction between the barrel and the ball.  my friends and i agree with it because we dont notice any difference either.

Before I completely own you, if the ball rolls out, how does it create a seal. If it has room to roll that means theres room between the top of the ball and the top of the barrel. If theres room, air will get by it. That means theres no seal.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

No. Just, no.

Im kinda with hybrid. ...his name is hybrid sniper...and i have problems with my evil paint cause it gets stuck in my barrel.  I have a 16" werks and since we're on the subject what paint do y'all use?

My name be of no meaning, I just know what I'm talking about and have a good amount of experience with this sport.

gary69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 10:09pm

well i checked my paint in my barrel and the ball wont roll through but i can blow it out...so i guess that is good. i also turned down my velocity and it helps...alot. i dont have anything to measure how fast it is going. how far in or out should my velocity screw be if im playin woods ball at distances up to about 25 yards?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by gary69 gary69 wrote:

well i checked my paint in my barrel and the ball wont roll through but i can blow it out...so i guess that is good. i also turned down my velocity and it helps...alot. i dont have anything to measure how fast it is going. how far in or out should my velocity screw be if im playin woods ball at distances up to about 25 yards?

No cut and dry answer, unfortunately. Every gun is different.

The only way to tell is with a chronograph.

tigman250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigman250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 10:20pm
your local paintball shop should chrono your gun for minimal cost (most will do it for free) paint is very important if you are using cheap paint sometimes it looks and acts like it is a good match to your barrel but this may be because it's out of round or bulged out, put a ball in your barrel and look through it toward a light if you see alot of light arround the ball or uneven light it's bad paint
craig_74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craig_74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 10:43pm

My name be of no meaning, I just know what I'm talking about and have a good amount of experience with this sport.

ok chief,  whatever flips your trigger

You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 10:49pm
Amazing how you completly ignore my arguement.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
tigman250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigman250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 10:51pm

ok chief,  whatever flips your trigger

what's the matter you can't take advise from someone who's been doing it longer?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic