Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

just wondering

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
**trai** View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **trai** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: just wondering
    Posted: 16 June 2005 at 8:48am
say that i had opened my gun to install a new trigger and didn't touch anything else but the trigger area. would this effect the velocity when i put my gun back together or will the velocity be the same?
Pro-litey View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Quoting Garbage - 7/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro-litey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 8:54am
well i dont know a hole lot about that but i really doubt that it would and if you think that it did just go get it chronoed
**trai** View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **trai** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 8:56am
yeah but like if i wanted to play an exibition game in the woods by me with no chrono i don't want to hurt anyone because of my velocity
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... Iím cominí ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 8:56am

It shouldn't do anything.  If you are still a little cuirous, do it and then chrono it.  Otherwise, it shouldn't do anything to your velocity.

Edit-If you won't have a chrono, just set it low.  We don't want anyone getting hurt.

Edited by Smitty
**trai** View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **trai** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 8:57am
thanks i am going to try that
Pro-litey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro-litey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 9:02am
i would leave it alone and just see. what were you shooting before you upgraded?
**trai** View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **trai** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 9:03am
i don't know because when i got my rufus dawg double trigger i installed it and then chronoed it. i didn't just go shoot it.
Pro-litey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro-litey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 9:05am
ok so you got it chronoed, what are you shooting now? if youre between 250 & 270 you should be good.

Edited by Pro-litey
**trai** View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **trai** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 9:09am
240-248 cuz my field keeps it at 250 fps so can't go over that but i haven't opened my gun since i last chronoed so i think i am going to and then go paintballing this weekend (if i can, doubt it) and see what it is at.
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 11:00am

Your velocity will be differant everytime the temp is differant. If your balls are swerving your velocity is too high, if they are dropping, too low. Get it right in between there.

Pro-litey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro-litey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 11:05am
Originally posted by triggerhappy1 triggerhappy1 wrote:

Your velocity will be differant everytime the temp is differant.
^this is true^
If your balls are swerving your velocity is too high, if they are dropping, too low. Get it right in between there.

^this is partially(sp) true but it could also be that you just have real shotty paint and you just need better paint.^

Edited by Pro-litey
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 11:36am

Originally posted by **trai** **trai** wrote:

240-248 cuz my field keeps it at 250 fps so can't go over that but i haven't opened my gun since i last chronoed so i think i am going to and then go paintballing this weekend (if i can, doubt it) and see what it is at.

Yuk! 250 is way too low especially if you use a flatline. Recommended is 270fps with the flatty.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
paint slinger View Drop Down
Stike One - Dont Ask for CD Keys Here.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paint slinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 1:53pm

just shoot your gun until you feel the its at the right speed... if youve got used to keeping your gun around 240-248.

Edited by paint slinger
My Setup
98 Pro-with ape board
14" Tear Drop
Dye stickys
32 Degrees Rear Velocity Adjuster
egg with y-board
12vt Revvy with X-Board
Sanded Trigger
homemade magnetic trigger
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 2:00pm

If you're using CO2, it'll always change. But, as long as you didn't take out or adjust the velocity screw to install the trigger it's set the same as before. If you did screw with it, just where on your gun were you trying to install this trigger??

A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... Iím cominí ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by LordJovian LordJovian wrote:

If you're using CO2, it'll always change. But, as long as you didn't take out or adjust the velocity screw to install the trigger it's set the same as before. If you did screw with it, just where on your gun were you trying to install this trigger??

You can fix this problem with a remote line and/or an X-Chamber.  I'd say go for one if you plan to run CO2.
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 2:21pm
You're suppsoed to get it chrono'd before every time you play. Even something as simple as changing c02 tanks will change velocity. If you do not have a chrono, go buy one.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
tigman250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigman250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 8:58pm
your local paint ball shop would chrono it for you i'm shure
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 4:02am
shoot at a tree if it blows off the bark its high
**trai** View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **trai** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 9:44am
i play speedball
Originally posted by Justice Justice wrote:

Originally posted by **trai** **trai** wrote:

Yuk! 250 is way too low especially if you use a flatline. Recommended is 270fps with the flatty.

matt speed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt speed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 11:38am
Look from installing a trigger and not touching anything else that will not change the velocity there is no way it can it should shoot the exact same speed before you opended it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic