FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Customized SL 68 II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by yak!tori yak!tori wrote:

How many pumps w/ a 42 rd hopper do you see at your field? 

I 've seen a couple phantoms at my field.
Tippmann98mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann98mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 7:34pm
oo, very nice, so much better. good job with the paint job 100% better
Tippmann 98 custom
flatline
12v revvy w/ x board
java diamond grips
that pump guy View Drop Down
I am the ípumpí man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote that pump guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 10:21pm
I was going to put a vert air and phantom feed on mine.... then I was going to mod it to look like a shotgun..... then I realized I dont use it much.... now I don't know what I'm going to do... back on topic, yours looks great, nice job.
Project Irene View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
It really DOES exist!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Project Irene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by P!NK panther P!NK panther wrote:

Originally posted by lester98c lester98c wrote:

Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

I'm in love.
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 12:18am
That looks great, what did you do to paint it?  And how did you get the valve out?
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... Iím cominí ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 12:25am
That SL-68 II is hot!  I wish I had one.  Right YWSM.(inside joke)

Edited by Smitty
yak!tori View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yak!tori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 9:40am

Originally posted by Mehs Mehs wrote:

That looks great, what did you do to paint it?  And how did you get the valve out?

thanks for all the comments guys. 

To get the internals out.  In this order I do:

1.  loosen the barrel screw, pull out the barrel w/ pump rod and front bolt and spring attached to the barrel.  It sticks into the end of the barrel and seals w/ the oring on the front bolt. 

2.  Tap the gun on the palm of my hand until the hammer slides out the front of the gun, set it aside w/ the other internals.

3.  Take an allen key and insert it into the valve cap on the back of the gun.  Unscrew it counterclockwise, set it aside.  The valve spring will fall out easily. 

4.  Use a chopstick, or a pen or pencil (nothing metal as to damage the valve stem), push it from the front of the gun out the back.  Thats how you remove the valve/valve stem/cupseal.  Its all one piece.

Thats it.  That is all the internals the gun has.  You can remove the trigger too if you want, but there is no need to.  Its kinda a pain to get it in and out and get the trigger return spring back in place.

For painting.  I filed it and milled it to my desire, sand the original finish w/o removing it completely.  That acts as a primer.  Stuff paper towels into the holes that you want to keep the paint out of (the back, the front and remove the safety and put paper towel plugs in them as well. 

I used my 12g changer wrapped in tape to hold in my hand and rotate while painting.  I used krylon hammered finish spray paint.  Apply 2-3 Light coats w/in about 5 minutes apart.  Hang dry for 24 hours.  Used a clear coat protective finish to go over the paint in the same fashion as I applied the paint.  2-3 coats, hang dry for 24 hours.  For better results, it should be cured for a week or more.  Start off in hot temps, then move to cooler temps (~75-80F)  And allow to cure for a week or more.  The hard part is not touching the gun after youve painted it. 

Edited by yak!tori
Dirtbike1445 View Drop Down
Guested - Swearing is teh kul

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtbike1445 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by P!NK panther P!NK panther wrote:

Originally posted by lester98c lester98c wrote:

Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

I'm in love.
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2005 at 2:07am
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4 7254&item=7163227317&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Woooo, I love being validated.

PS. Yours is still the bomb. <-- Thats right, I said bomb.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2005 at 3:57am
Very very nice. That is sharp as hell.

Im not so sure about that pump handle though. Seems like something a bit more robust like a phantom or sniper pump handle might look better.
yak!tori View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yak!tori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2005 at 11:52pm

thanks guys.  So you found the gun eh on ebay. 

I saw them at the same starting bid and I went ahead and used buy it now to avoid bidding it out w/ someone.  And 50 bucks to me was acceptable. 

I will give you some advice though.  Be prepared to clean that bugger.  Painted Forest must have had the worst on site gun tech.  Disassemble it, wipe it down inside and out, put some pbgun oil on all the seals/moving parts.  Slap it back together.  It will shoot fine. 

You got yourself a great deal.

Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... Iím cominí ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 12:52am
I am going to agree partially with Enos, that the pump handle is a little different.  I don't really like it.  It's ok, but it could look way better.
Balazs2 View Drop Down
1 language strike, 6/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balazs2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 1:05am
Originally posted by yak!tori yak!tori wrote:

Originally posted by tippman666 tippman666 wrote:

i dont like it. why did you deface an old school gun?

ya, youre right, I shouldve just left it w/ the "painted forest" etched sight rail, worn stock barrel, rusted screws, dirty internals, and nearly worn off paintjob.† It wouldve looked so much better.† † I didnt deface it.† I restored it.† Why the negativity?† If it was going to remain as is, I wouldnt have bought it and cleaned and relubed, and restored the gun at all.†† I am preserving oldschool if anything.†

It is still oldschool.† How many pumps w/ a 42 rd hopper do you see at your field?†

Well worded.

I just had an idea: paint the pump handle the same color as the gun!
yak!tori View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yak!tori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 11:10am

I thought about that after I already painted it black.  I couldnt find a matching color Fushion plastic paint.  I looked and looked.  I guess it might have been okay to just use the same can as I used on the gun, but I didnt know if it would start chipping eventually.  The Fushion paint is no supposed to chip as it bonds to plastics.  We will see how that goes, and if it does end up chipping anyway, Ill strip it, and paint it the same as the gun.   Nice suggestion.  I like it. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic