Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Customized SL 68 II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
yak!tori View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yak!tori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Customized SL 68 II
    Posted: 15 June 2005 at 11:00pm

Ive been doing some work on my pump the past couple of days.  Its coming along nicely and should be completely dried and cured in a week or so.  Here are pics of what Ive been doing to it.  They are pretty much self explanatory.  Ive removed the sight rail, custom painted it, cleaned and lubed the internals (it was a used rental), custom cut and sanded and painted my pump handle.  Now everything is hanging to dry.  All of this work was done by hand using basic tools in the garage.  Hacksaw, metal file, dremmel, elbow grease, paint, time, sweat.  :D.

Ive got a dust black JJ ceramic for it, a 40rd hopper and homemade stock class feeder, a mini 9 oz tank, and a 12g changer.  I will try to put up some more pics of the before and after results when the gun is ready to use and assemble. 

On to the pics.

yak!tori View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yak!tori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2005 at 11:03pm
paintbusta View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintbusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2005 at 11:16pm
looks nice what dremel piece did u use to get it so smoothe
Balazs2 View Drop Down
1 language strike, 6/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balazs2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 12:33am
That looks great! take some more pics of it fully essembled!
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 1:16am
Sofar its one of the nicest Sl's Ive seen.

Did you post that first pic before? Because I remeber seeing one with "Pointed Forest" written on the side.

Edited by Monk
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2 - Language, 9/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 1:33am
Good Game.
yak!tori View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yak!tori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 9:17am

thanks for the comments guys.  I am letting the finish completely dry enough to reassemble w/o damaging the finish.  It will be about a week or so before its all done and pics of the completed project are up.  I will put a side by side of before and after.  :D.

I bought this gun on Ebay as a used rental.  The fields name was Painted Forest, and it was engraved on the sight rail.  That one of the reasons I milled it off.  It was also engraved on the bottom of the pump handle, and I carved it up too.  I didnt care for the stock pump handle look anyway.  I have not posted pics of it before on this site.  I have them on www.pbreview.com in the tippmann forum though w/ the stuff I used to do the work.  It was all pretty much done by hand. 

yak!tori View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yak!tori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 10:35am

And here is the before and after pics.  The paint still needs to cure for about a week.  Its still a little soft, but its okay to touch.  I wont be using the gun for over a week, so it will be nice and cured. 

BEFORE

AFTER

shmavistime View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmavistime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 10:54am
make it verticle 12 gram, get some clear stock class parts(pump,feed,) and a ball gate.
41(no joke) guns and counting
the .50 cal warrior
yak!tori View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yak!tori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 11:04am

I dont want to put anymore money into it.  I made my own stock class feed tube w/ a ball gate on it.  I have a 12g changer and I plan on welding a t stock onto the end of it for stock class play.  Only problem w/ making a vert 12 g changer is that I would have to tap the side of the body and put a 1\8 npt into it to get air to the valve.  I dont want to copy someone elses idea (layman did that phantom looking conversion).  If I wanted to do that much, I wouldve just bought a phantom and saved myself the work and money.   I dont play in stock class tourneys, so I mainly got this to use at the local rec field, since competetion isnt all that great there. 

I think Im done w/ her. 

cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 11:23am
Very very very nice.
Rare-Faction View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rare-Faction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 12:15pm
All you need to run it vert is a gas-through T-stock, Pro-Carbine vert ASA, and a gas line. A friend of mine did that to one of his SL's, and it works beautifully

Central Ohio Pirates

My Band, Lolligag
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 2:18pm
Ah, I must have seen it on ebay. Small world...
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 2:29pm
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 2:56pm
I'm in love.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
tippman666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippman666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 2:58pm
i dont like it. why did you deface an old school gun?

i shoot an SL-68II
lester98c View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
i wish my title was "different"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lester98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

I'm in love.
P!NK panther View Drop Down
Strike 2 - vulgar material (2/2)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P!NK panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by lester98c lester98c wrote:

Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

I'm in love.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 4:43pm
Righteous...
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
yak!tori View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yak!tori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 4:48pm

Originally posted by tippman666 tippman666 wrote:

i dont like it. why did you deface an old school gun?

ya, youre right, I shouldve just left it w/ the "painted forest" etched sight rail, worn stock barrel, rusted screws, dirty internals, and nearly worn off paintjob.  It wouldve looked so much better.    I didnt deface it.  I restored it.  Why the negativity?  If it was going to remain as is, I wouldnt have bought it and cleaned and relubed, and restored the gun at all.   I am preserving oldschool if anything. 

It is still oldschool.  How many pumps w/ a 42 rd hopper do you see at your field? 

Edited by yak!tori
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic