FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

guns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
borntopaint View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Likes to eat "Meat"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borntopaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 12:44am
Originally posted by MetallicaESPa5 MetallicaESPa5 wrote:

No guns here.

I wish it were different, but oh well.

"I normally refrain from conversation during gestation."
Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 12:54am
I'll be purchasing my cousin's Remington 870 once I find a job. Then I'm looking at buying a Mini-14 after that.
redneckdeerhunt View Drop Down

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckdeerhunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 11:53am
im getting a desert eagle
i love to hunt and lite things on fire

98 custom
smartparts progressive
double trigger
lapco bishot
pen spring mod
20 oz
rocket cock
dye invision mask
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 12:33pm

Originally posted by redneckdeerhunt redneckdeerhunt wrote:

im getting a desert eagle

Right....

Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 12:42pm
Reb Cpl, do you shoot that .30-40 much? Where do you buy ammo at?reload?

My dad "came up" on a NICE .30-40 Krag rifle that seems like it was custom-made. The only thing it says on the receiver is "30-40 Imp.", and then it says "Spain" a bit farther up the barrel.

I personally own a single-shot .410 shotgun, Savage .22 Magnum bolt-action, Winchester 1300 " Black Shadow" 12ga., a Winchester 1100 "defender" 8-shot with some goodies attached, and an all-black Remington 700 in .270 Win.

The .30-40 honestly split my wig one time! I was shooting it like an idiot from a truck, and I just wasn't holding it tight enough, and when I shot it split my forehead wide open, and blood started streaming into my eye...it sucked.
Klaus View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Filterdodge - 7/21

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 12:53pm

30-40 krag story time....

My history teacher was explaining how those "fancy new winchester rifles" helped us beat the spanish in the Spanish-American war...he said "We had those quick shooting lever actions, while they were stuck with old muzzle loaders..."

I raised my hand, said "Mr. (gigglefuzz), We were armed with the 30-40 Krag bolt action rifle, from Norway...and the Spanish were armed with Spanish Mausers, and incidently, one of the first automatic rifles ever..." 

"No, they had winchesters"

"You can see the trapdoor feed on the side of the gun in the picture Mr. (gigglefuzz)."

"Thats just a sling mount or something"

"My uncle hunts with one, Mr. (gigglefuzz)...I know what they look like"

"Thats insubordination, 50 minutes detention"

Luckily, hes wrong alot, and if anyone argues, he gives them detention, but the secratiaries just let me off...

Impulse. View Drop Down
Banned for linkage to Doll Pron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impulse. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 1:02pm

No guns here. Not that I don't like 'em but parents won't let me. We also live in the city so it's a nice 40 minute drive to the shooting range so thats sucks. But when I turn 18 I'm going to save up for something nice, maybe AR-15,M4. Yea yea un-orginal but meh.

There is a american company that makes some sweet knives. Starts with S or something. Trying to figure out the companys name. These knives are like $200 and up. Made out of surgical steel etc etc. Anyone know the company I'm talking about?

Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 1:07pm
^I don't know, but I know Benchmade and Boker's are some pretty serious knives!

Kershaws are nice, too.
Impulse. View Drop Down
Banned for linkage to Doll Pron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impulse. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 1:15pm

Found it, http://www.striderknives.com

Edited by Impulse.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 2:02pm

Originally posted by Zesty Zesty wrote:

Reb Cpl, do you shoot that .30-40 much? Where do you buy ammo at?reload?

My dad "came up" on a NICE .30-40 Krag rifle that seems like it was custom-made. The only thing it says on the receiver is "30-40 Imp.", and then it says "Spain" a bit farther up the barrel.

I personally own a single-shot .410 shotgun, Savage .22 Magnum bolt-action, Winchester 1300 " Black Shadow" 12ga., a Winchester 1100 "defender" 8-shot with some goodies attached, and an all-black Remington 700 in .270 Win.

The .30-40 honestly split my wig one time! I was shooting it like an idiot from a truck, and I just wasn't holding it tight enough, and when I shot it split my forehead wide open, and blood started streaming into my eye...it sucked.

They're wonderful rifles. My brother paid $150 for his, a guy was selling off a collection.

The ammunition we came by was at an old gun shop near me, a hole in the wall place. However, I think Gander Mountain carries it. They just opened one near me and I haven't had the chance to go there and check it out yet. It's a pretty good bet that you can get it through them though.

Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 2:07pm
^Thanks for the info and quick reply. They are definitely good guns, especially for guys like ym dad who don't usually take shots much past 150 yards, and he's usually hunting hogs, so he needs the knockdown power.

I know the Krag isn't very high velocity, but it's kinda the perfect gun for someone like my dad...if ammo were more available that is!

I actually took down my first hog with the 30-40, it hits hard with 180 grain slugs.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 2:09pm

My brother and I did a number on a hanging sandbag with the Kraig.

He deer hunted with is last season, with no luck, I was going to try it out, but stick to my heavy old .303 for that.

I'd love to go hog hunting someday....but there aren'y many here in upstate NY.

Nickodemus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickodemus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 2:17pm

This is what I have, Italics are upgraded/modified :

Rifles- M1 Garand (30-0-06), CETME (Win .308), SKS (7.62 x 39), Savage-Anshutz (.22L), 6.5 Carcano (6.5 x 54).

Carbines- Kel-Tec Sub 2000 (9mm Luger)

Shotguns- Ithica Model 37 (12ga), Ithica Model 900 (12ga)

Pistols- SAM 1911 (.45acp), Steyr S-40 (.40 S&W)

I want a high power bolt target rifle, but the ones I like are thousands of dollars so I won't buy one soon. I would also like an AR-10 lower and then an 50BMG and M-4 upper to go with it and exchange as I see fit. Now that would be an AR! I thought about putting together a tiny AK with a compensator and huge ammo drum since the assualt weapons ban is over and I can play with the cheap imports and shoot up my SKS ammo. However, I decided that I don't need to buy anymore for awhile.

Think and give them all you have from the beginning, and never weaken!

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 2:21pm

Someday I'd like to get my hands on a Garand, but the 800-1200 bucks isn't exactly handy just now. And they're gonna be harder and harder to find by the time I own one.

I saw an M1 carbine in the Want ads one day. 600 bucks. I didn't have the cash and I cried.

Nickodemus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickodemus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Someday I'd like to get my hands on a Garand, but the 800-1200 bucks isn't exactly handy just now. And they're gonna be harder and harder to find by the time I own one.

They will get hard to find. You can get a real one for $500. You need to become a member of CMP and buy a service grade. Mine came in as a great shooter and the worst you would have to do is refinish the stock. Garands have forged recievers !

http://www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/m1garand.htm#Service

Edited by Nickodemus
Think and give them all you have from the beginning, and never weaken!

redneckdeerhunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckdeerhunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 3:07pm
does anyone have any info on the nra
i love to hunt and lite things on fire

98 custom
smartparts progressive
double trigger
lapco bishot
pen spring mod
20 oz
rocket cock
dye invision mask
Random_Person View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Official Forum Haiku Honorable Mention

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random_Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 3:24pm

I saw an M1 carbine in the Want ads one day. 600 bucks. I didn't have the cash and I cried.

Garands are pretty awesome, as I said earlier my dad has 13 (if you include parts to build them that are just not assembled).  We have many different varieties a special one that was used as a sniper in WWII with a flash supressor and scope, all original.  Our most valuble one is one that has a matching serial number with another M1.  For a while Winchester and the Springfield Armory made a mistake and made a few rifles that had identical serial numbers, we have one of those from Winchseter, and we got it from the CMP.  Garands are great rifles and worth the money, if you can afford it.

I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.
lester98c View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
i wish my title was "different"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lester98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 3:28pm

im to young to own any but my grandpa has a few that i use.

remington 1100 youth 20 guage

sort sort of 6 mil. rilfe

contender pistol with 357,33 hornet,and 22 rimfire

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Random_Person Random_Person wrote:

Garands are pretty awesome, as I said earlier my dad has 13 (if you include parts to build them that are just not assembled).  We have many different varieties a special one that was used as a sniper in WWII with a flash supressor and scope, all original.  Our most valuble one is one that has a matching serial number with another M1.  For a while Winchester and the Springfield Armory made a mistake and made a few rifles that had identical serial numbers, we have one of those from Winchseter, and we got it from the CMP.  Garands are great rifles and worth the money, if you can afford it.

haha wanna sell one?

Random_Person View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Official Forum Haiku Honorable Mention

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random_Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 3:56pm
No thanks Reb, but if I ever do, I'll keep you in mind.

I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic