FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

High Speed Chase

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 4:59pm
Around here. They use Lidar, and I hate it. They get creative. Sometimes they sit their cruiser in the bloody woods just off the road. But you see their parking lights. Or they sit the wrong way on a median. I hate that. You have to learn where they sit, keep an eye out for em during the begining and end of the month. And around here, if i do get pulled over, drop a cop friends name, and they sit there and chat with you. No ticket.
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 4:59pm
Whoever asked if it wsa still going on...it is.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 5:00pm

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Where I work, cops don't radar people. In this big of city, with this few of officers, most of them haven't used a radar gun in over five years.

Ok, Slightly off topic, but I bet you can answer it.

Can/How do they radar you from behind? I was with my uncle a while back, and he came up behind a FHP (Florida Highway Patrol) around a corner. The FHP pulls off to the side of the road, waits for my uncle to pass, then gets back on the road, speeds up and pulls him over. The FHP said he was going 70 somthing when he pulled up beind him.

How did he do that? Are there rear-pointing speed guns?

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 5:01pm

All the guns do is shoot a radar from the gun to the vehicle, same with the lasar. When the signal comes back to the car at a certain speed (it can also measure when the cruiser is driving) it determines how fast the car is driving.

But to answer your question, yes there are.

Edited by Dune
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 5:04pm
Ive seen them with rear facing guns. He coulda figured he was going however much, and paced him. Ive seen cops pace people. Ive been paced before, and ive ran from cops in my car before, the trick is to use your E brake and turn your lights off so they cant see you turn off.
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 5:04pm
Yeah, Dune described it well. Also semi-off topic, that's how chrono's work(I'm hoping most of you already knew that).

I am of two frames of mind about this:

1)He's a very experienced criminal, and is burning time trying to figure out how the heck he can get some legal backup.

2)He's got bipolar disorder(or something else nasty like that), and he really can't control what he's doing. I think he's definately a little off his rocker.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 5:06pm
He's a crappy criminal with emotional problems. He doesn't know what to do, scared because of the amount of cops and doesn't want to be killed by the LAPD. If he is suicidal, he'll let the officers do it; however, if he's not then he'll come out peacefully.
xteam View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xteam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 5:07pm
i wanna see some blood
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 5:07pm
That's stupid.
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 5:09pm

He's a crappy criminal with emotional problems. He doesn't know what to do, scared because of the amount of cops and doesn't want to be killed by the LAPD. If he is suicidal, he'll let the officers do it; however, if he's not then he'll come out peacefully.

He's certainly ineffective-and who wouldn't be bouncing around inside their head in this situation?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 5:10pm
The LAPD doesnt need another incident. The press has really covered this well. They have handeled themselves well. I think they can end this without violence.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 5:10pm

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

The LAPD doesnt need another incident. The press has really covered this well. They have handeled themselves well. I think they can end this without violence.

Lets hope.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 5:14pm
Im sure they have defused worse situations than this one. The only difference is the press have grabbed a hold of this. Wich is really adding to the stress of the man in the van and the cops. I imagine its difficult to work with a press helicopter looking at you.
xteam View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xteam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 5:29pm
i wanna see blood
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 5:31pm
There wont be any. Man. Traffic is backed up for 15 miles. Wow.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 5:34pm
Thats LA traffic for you. Thank God I never have to commute... yet.

Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 5:35pm

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Lets hope.

Otherwise, people will hate them even more. The LAPD is one of the most, if not the most, hated departments in the country.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 5:36pm
Miami cops are hated too. From what i hear they are very crooked. Along with chicago.
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 6:10pm
They're smoking him out!

On with the dogs!
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 6:49pm
Yup, smoke in the window and no one is seriously hurt.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic