Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barrel for 98Custom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
<<Painter>> View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote <<Painter>> Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barrel for 98Custom
    Posted: 04 June 2005 at 7:55pm

I am thinking about getting a new barrel for my 98 custom. I might get a J&J Ceramic. What size would u guys recommend for woodsball, 12,14 or 16''?

tigman250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigman250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2005 at 8:00pm

the longer it is the easier it is to sight down, the shorter it is the easier to manuver but no longer than 14" you'll whaste too much air pushing the ball down the extra length.

p.s. i have the 14" j&j and love it!!

sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2005 at 8:11pm
14" I got one and it rocks.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2005 at 10:13pm
Don't go over 14" whatever you do. It waste air and will not increase performance. It's all personal preference between the 12'' and 14''. If you like to run around a lot then get the 12'' so you won't get cought up. If you like to play back then get then 14''.
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
bullseye9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullseye9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2005 at 10:50pm
I have 14" J&J ceramics on my A-5 and 98 Custom, they are cheap, accurate, and self cleaning.  They are the best barrels I have ever used!!!!
Tippmann A-5
E-Grip
JCS DUAL Trigger
14" J&J ceramic
68/4500
bullet drop
macro line
polished internals
LPK

The damage done to a man should be such that there is no fear of revenge!!!
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2005 at 10:53pm
Seems someone hasn't used many barrels before.

If i were you I'd go with either the 10" or 12". 14" is too long. I know your thinking "Great You Wont See Me, why do YOU have a 14" barrel then?"

Well, county was out of 12" at the time.

Edited by You Wont See Me
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Ghost-Rider View Drop Down
Strike 2, Filter Dodge 8/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost-Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2005 at 11:20pm
Im Going to get the Smart Parts Progressive because im afriad of cracking/ chipping the J&J
Black Silver Red Blue Green
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic