Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paint quality/cost

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
10kpbler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10kpbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paint quality/cost
    Posted: 04 June 2005 at 1:58pm
I know this is the "Which Gun is Best" forum, grrr,
sometimes you can't win.

Anyway, I have a very limited supply of paint, all of
which seems to be very expensive. What I want to know is,
how does the paint which I am able to buy now compare,
quality-wise, to the paint which I have shot in the past.
In the past I've used mostly Pro-ball, a few BigBalls,
and quite a lot of Sheridan, and have been happy with all
of these.

Now, the only paint which I can buy is Zap, and Evil. How
do these compare with the paint which I used to use? And
is the Evil paint worth it, it is over twice as expensive
as the Zap.

Also, how is the Tippmann werks paint? I've heard varying
reports.

Thanks
Model 98C
J&J 2P
Palmers Stab.
LPK w/side cocking mod
NW Drop w/on-off
RT w/silenced sear spring
Lapco Raised Sight Rail
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2005 at 2:50pm
I'd say what you're shooting now is a step up from before. I dont have any experience with proballs or bigballs, but Zap and evil are two pretty good paints. Evil is worth it's price, though I'd rather use Draxxus. I havent heard much about werks. Most of what i've heard is negative.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
fishkid_91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishkid_91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2005 at 8:01pm

they can be good balls it depends on wich model your shooting go to pbrewiew.com and look at paintballs that site is awsome

10kpbler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10kpbler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 10:48am
I don't see the Tippmann paint on pbreview, am I just
missing it?

Does anyone else know anything about tippmann paint? How
it compares with other paint?

----
Model 98C
J&J 2P
Palmers Stab.
LPK w/side cocking mod
NW Drop w/on-off
RT w/silenced sear spring
Lapco Raised Sight Rail
reticule View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reticule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 11:36am

I've used quite an assortment of paint, but what makes for good paint are the following:

1. Thickness of the shell - this will help determine the fragility or hardness of the shell, and if it will break in your gun or on opponents.

2. Consistency of the size, shape of the paint - this will dramatically help shot to shot consistency, and accuracy of your shots.  Oblong and dimpled paint will hinder both of these.

3. Seams in the shell - if the seams are very pronounced, then they will affect the paint in the same manner as point #2.

4. Fill quality - this is thickness of the fill, which will determine how well marked your target is.

5. Freshness - you want fresh paint that has been stored properly.  Improperly stored paint will alter shell integrity, making it fragile.

My top favorite types are Evil Ultra-Evil, and ZAP Chronic.

'...in order to use that particular insult, it really helps if you spell it properly. Nothing quite spells out "irony" as well as calling somebody "retarted."' -Clark Kent on Tippmann forumer
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... Iím cominí ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 12:18pm
I hear Tippmann's paint sucks.  I use ZAP Devient's and love them.  They work pretty good.  I buy cheap, but good paint.  I also like CORE, Tork, and scorch.  I'm happy with all of these.
98_custom22 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Selling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98_custom22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 8:56pm
www.pbreview.com - reviews on paintball items.. but my opinion is i jhave shot almost every kind of paint.. i hate zap.. i hate the tippmann paint..evil is pretty much expensive and maybe a little overrated but if its between zap and evil..the evil paint is way better. how come you cant buy other paint? like some marballizers or something?
98% of ion owners think ions are better than any high end gun. If you would like to bonus ball these idiots put this in your sig.

me:
06 Nasty Nerve
68/4500 +47/3000
halo b
freak kit
smiddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smiddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 11:36pm
I have never had any problems with the draxuss rec sport paint that i use when i shoot. none have ever broke in my barrel. My friend who plays in the mpl.(massachusetts paintball league) uses it and says the same thing. It's pretty cheap for 2000 for 40
any type of a dangerous weapon is a toy, no matter what the disclamer says.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic