FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

10 most harmful books

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by WGP guy WGP guy wrote:

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

The Koran is based of the Holy bible...
Based, but it influences Muslims to harm others. The Bible teaches love and kindness.
HAHAHAHHAHAHA.....NO. Do
you honestly think the bible hasn't been used for justification of
killing people? How about those lovely crusades where christians rode
into the middle east and tickled muslims with feathers to be nice. Oh,
wait, They slaughter anyone that got in their way. Saying the Koran is
the most harmful book is one of the biggest bigot statements I have
ever heard. Not all muslims are extremests, just very few. Just as not
all christians are extremests. The crazy ones are the ones that get
attention.
it wasnt just the christians riding into the
holy land, jews, muslims, and catholics all participated equally in
that particular feud
Actually it was Catholics
mainly, with some Christians and Jews riding to take the land from
Muslims. (I think, been so long since I learned about that)

Yeaaah. Catholics are Christians....

Uh, no. Catholics worship Mary mainly, Christians worship Jesus.

There are more differences, but that shows that it is different. When I said chrisitans I was refering to protestants.

No, you are wrong here. Catholics worship Jesus, they just see Mary as the mother of god. You really need to learn about religion. Followers of Christ = CHRISTians. Catholics follow Christ so, Cahtolics = Christians.

All this coming from MBro a Catholic.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 1:17pm

Based, but it influences Muslims to harm others. The Bible teaches love and kindness.

HAHAHAHHAHAHA.....NO.

Do you honestly think the bible hasn't been used for justification of killing people? How about those lovely crusades where christians rode into the middle east and tickled muslims with feathers to be nice. Oh, wait, They slaughter anyone that got in their way. Saying the Koran is the most harmful book is one of the biggest bigot statements I have ever heard. Not all muslims are extremests, just very few. Just as not all christians are extremests. The crazy ones are the ones that get attention.

it wasnt just the christians riding into the holy land, jews, muslims, and catholics all participated equally in that particular feud

Actually it was Catholics mainly, with some Christians and Jews riding to take the land from Muslims.  (I think, been so long since I learned about that)

Uh, no.  Catholics worship Mary mainly, Christians worship Jesus.

There are more differences, but that shows that it is different.  When I said chrisitans I was refering to protestants.

Catholics dont "mainly worship" Mother Mary. God is the number 1, they just also belive Mother Mary is a figure of great respect.

And once again, Catholics ARE Christians. So are protestants. They are both Christians. They both belive that God is the Father, and his son Jesus came to earth to die for our sins.  I dont know why you dont seem to belive this, its not hard.

Remember, The Catholic church was around long before good ol' Martin  started nailing stuff to doors.

mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by RenegadeGopher RenegadeGopher wrote:

I must say WGP. Whoever taught you about middle eastern cultures is an idiot.

Whoever taught him abouy any culture is obviously an idiot

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 1:23pm

HAHAHAHHAHAHA.....NO.

Do you honestly think the bible hasn't been used for justification of killing people? How about those lovely crusades where christians rode into the middle east and tickled muslims with feathers to be nice. Oh, wait, They slaughter anyone that got in their way. Saying the Koran is the most harmful book is one of the biggest bigot statements I have ever heard. Not all muslims are extremests, just very few. Just as not all christians are extremests. The crazy ones are the ones that get attention.

it wasnt just the christians riding into the holy land, jews, muslims, and catholics all participated equally in that particular feud

Actually it was Catholics mainly, with some Christians and Jews riding to take the land from Muslims.  (I think, been so long since I learned about that)

yea, note the comma, Catholics were THE branch of christianity back then
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 1:24pm
^^ My post wasnt to you, I know what you were trying to say, Mine was to WGP, who seems to just make stuff up.

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 1:43pm
o, ok, just clarifying, i can see where mine would be confusing as well
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 1:50pm
Way to be totally ignorant about every religion in the world WGP.

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
WGP guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Quoted F and S bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by PlentifulBalls PlentifulBalls wrote:

When I said Christian I meant Protestant.  Protestant and Roman Catholic are different.
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 2:03pm
God, WGP Guy, I hate to say this, but you're an idiot.

"Catholics worship Mary"?
"The Koran teaches Muslims to harm others"?

Try learning about religions before you attempt to bash them.

Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 2:06pm

When I said Christian I meant Protestant.  Protestant and Roman Catholic are different.

Yeah, they are different. But Catholic and Christian are not necessarily different and neither are Protestant and Christian. Christian is the bigger group, and just so you realize, Catholicism was the first branch major branch of Christianity. Protestants did not even exist until the Middle Ages with Martin Luther.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 3:24pm
This list my truly be the stupidist and one-sided list I have ever seen. I can't believe that The Feminie Mystique, Origin of Species, and John Stuart Mill's book were on the list. That's what happens when you let Hillsdale college faculty create something. This is so ridiculous that it scares me to think what these people actually think about theories of harm, therapy, sex, religion, and punishment. Too scary.
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 3:49pm

Jews just wanted there promise land back, also what about the Spanish Inquasition(sp), how about all those lovly catholics...

K look. Reguardless of your leanings, do not spout nonsence if you do not know the history, im going to give everyone a little history lesson.

There were two inquisitions, one by the Vatican, and one By the Spanish government. The Inquisition officialy done by the catholic church was very gentle, and rarely developed into torture tactics. This inquisition went on for 200-300 years, the Catholic church was spread through out the land, at this time i believe the Pope lived in france. But this could be after he moved back to Rome. Since there is so much land, and the inquisition was carried out mainly by fransiscan and dominican friars, the spanish government volunteered to offer its clergy to aid in the inquisition of people in its borders. The catholic church agreed under one condition. That the spanish government adhere to official church doctrine. They agreed, and ignored the decree, After years and years and years of practising torture, they became sydistic and gifted in inflicting pain. They developed ways to infict horrible amounts of pain without spilling a drop of blood. Interestingly enough, this is the only Church Law they obeyed, most likely to avoid spreding disease. The spanish inquisition was mostly a way to put presure on people that were deemed enemies of the state, not necessarily religious disidents or heretics, in truth most of the heritic move ment was concentrated in France, not Spain, and it was in the North East of france.

Second of all, this has nothing to do with panda man. But the Qui'ran was not based off of the bible any more than it was based off of the Torah. All three books share different peices of the holy cannon but this does not mean one was based off of any other. This is why the muslime world call Jews and Christians "People of the Book" They are refering to the Torah and the Bible.

To say the Koran was based off of the bible is silly. It shares bits and peices of the old testament. The Qui'ran came into existance when the last prophet mohamad was confronted by two angels and told simply to write. It took him a couple visits by these angels, but he soon did write, and he ended up writing how god should be worshiped. Muslims believe we strayed, and god sent angels to set us back on the path of rightousness. And they also believe Jesus was a prophet, just like we do, but they do not believe is the Son of God(most christians do due to a botched biblican translation, but this is another matter all together) I am not muslim, but i have to give them the nod, word for word, the Qui'ran is most likely the more acurate of the book. The bible has been translated many many many times. Mistakes and missed translations abound in the book. Certain things we hold to be holy sacraments are wrong and not correct. The Qui'ran, being and extension of God, or Allah himself, it would be heresy to change it, so, it is frowned upon to translate it. The muslims say that something would be lost if the Qui'ran were to be translated. The christian world translated the Bible so that the masses would be able to read it and apreciate it.

/History lesson.
travis75 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear Penthouse....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travis75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 4:02pm

Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

Pwned:

Definition: Complete and utter domination. A butt kicking so severe, the pwnee cannot recover. Dominating someone beyond "owned".

Hey MPAA, Guess what?

09 f9 11 02 9d 74 e3 5b d8 41 56 c5 63 56 88 c0!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 4:26pm
*Chuckle*
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by travis75 travis75 wrote:

Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

Pwned:

Definition: Complete and utter domination. A butt kicking so severe, the pwnee cannot recover. Dominating someone beyond "owned".

RenegadeGopher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Renegade of Funk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RenegadeGopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 4:47pm

that's not what he meant, fool.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 4:50pm
The protestant reformation wasnt even thogh of during the time of the crusades.. Nor was martin luther alive then.
RenegadeGopher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Renegade of Funk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RenegadeGopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 4:51pm
Moreso I'm mad that WGP thinks the Qu'ran is about harming people.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 4:53pm
Its not. The word Islam itself means Peace. Anyone can take any religion and pervert and polute it to push any agenda.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2005 at 5:01pm
That list is ridiculous.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic