Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paintballs for 98C

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
<<Painter>> View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote <<Painter>> Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paintballs for 98C
    Posted: 28 May 2005 at 3:09pm
I just bought a Tippmann 98 custom and i was wondering what kind of paintballs u guys would recommend me use?
Strife_17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strife_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 3:24pm
depends on your barrel. i use blaze or preimiums... soem times draxxus... use anything but brass eagle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote <<Painter>> Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 3:27pm
well.....its still the stock barrel at the moment.
Layman View Drop Down
"King of the Classics"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 3:31pm
Marballizer made by PMI/RP Scherer work realy well out of the stock barrel.
Name your poison...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote <<Painter>> Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 3:33pm
would ZAP paintballs be ok for it? Because that is what i use to use.
tigman250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigman250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 6:15pm
stock barrels have an unusually large bore this is why a barrel should be your first upgrade
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 7:45pm
The 98c stock barrel is a medium bore. So any medium bore ball should work well in it. I found that the Scorch from Wal-mart work good in the 98c stock barrel (still not real accurate though-think about buying a new barrel).

Edited by SuzukiRider987
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 7:47pm
Draxxus/Dusk and PMI work well.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 8:00pm
Any paint will shoot through the stock barrel.

It just wont be accurate.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
marktippman98 View Drop Down
Strike One - Boy George Clone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marktippman98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 9:43pm
pick the paint that fits the barrel simple
(In Game) ok guys watch out one at 21 dorito and back middle one, one just made a move for the snake shoot em are you their shoot him at the snake.....(big pause looks back) omg are you jokin 3v1
bullseye9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullseye9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 10:43pm
I shot 1200 rounds of Red scorch through my 98 C w/ RT and A J&J 14' Ceramic barrel velocity @ 290fps NOT ONE BREAK!!!!!
Tippmann A-5
E-Grip
JCS DUAL Trigger
14" J&J ceramic
68/4500
bullet drop
macro line
polished internals
LPK

The damage done to a man should be such that there is no fear of revenge!!!
Stiffler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stiffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2005 at 12:03am

Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

Any paint will shoot through the stock barrel.

It just wont be accurate.

^yep...so until ya upgrade your barrel just get some cheap crap from wal-mart

Sentinelz View Drop Down
Suicide By Mod.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sentinelz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2005 at 2:02am

Crap paint until you get a new barrel

EDIT: Great minds think alike and I didn't read any posts before putting this...

Edited by Sentinelz
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... Iím cominí ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2005 at 8:17pm

I use cheap paint for woodsball.  It works great for the price.  It's just like $40 - $30 for 2000 paint. I use the following:

TORK

CORE

ZAP Deviant

They come in the 2000 round buckets.  Cheap, but effective.

sir_jackhole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sir_jackhole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2005 at 8:56pm
  With the stock, unless you're really serious about accuracy, find as low costing paint as possible.  Just yesterday i went to a paintball place in WI, and bought a case of Scorch for $20 from Walmart without a single break the whole time I was there.  Once you upgrade to another barrel, or if you want even better paint, with the extra cost of course, definetly go with PMI premiums, cause they kick ass.
Peter: Excuse me, is your refrigerator running?
Because if it is, it probably runs like you - very homosexually.
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... Iím cominí ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2005 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by sir_jackhole sir_jackhole wrote:

With the stock, unless you're really serious about accuracy, find as low costing paint as possible.  Just yesterday i went to a paintball place in WI, and bought a case of Scorch for $20 from Walmart without a single break the whole time I was there.  Once you upgrade to another barrel, or if you want even better paint, with the extra cost of course, definetly go with PMI premiums, cause they kick ass.
I've used Scorch also and it has very few breaks.  It's very accurate for the cost also.
lester98c View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
i wish my title was "different"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lester98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2005 at 1:00am
dbx work pretty nce out of the stock barrel
A-5 08 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

The mob rules!!! Get the pitchforks!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2005 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Stiffler Stiffler wrote:

Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

Any paint will shoot through the stock barrel. It just wont be accurate.

^yep...so until ya upgrade your barrel just get some cheap crap from wal-mart

Exactly, the Zap stuff work great in stock barrels, it is a medium bore paint with a pretty hard shell. about $40 for 2000 at Wally World
Ghost-Rider View Drop Down
Strike 2, Filter Dodge 8/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost-Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2005 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by <<Painter>> <<Painter>> wrote:

would ZAP paintballs be ok for it? Because that is what i use to use.
hey i just got a Tippmann 98 Custom and i got a case of 2000 zaps for 30$ and they work really nice so far and i like em and their not som friggin 60-80$ a case
Ghost-Rider View Drop Down
Strike 2, Filter Dodge 8/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost-Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2005 at 10:22pm
yea i went n looked at my bucket-o-2000 they are decent and come in a bucket in 4 bags their called zap extreme sportz(flames cool stuff around the name even thou the prints like black/grey/white )
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic