Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2 guns?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
wcat445 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wcat445 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 guns?
    Posted: 24 May 2005 at 3:26pm
im pretty new to paintball and have only played a couple of times, the last
time i went and played a couple of guys were telling me how it would be a
good idea to have a secondary weapon like a pistol along with your
primary weapon.

so is it really worth it to buy a pistol for a backup gun?
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 3:53pm
To me it's not worth it. I'd rather spend money on ups than a pistol. It's all personal preference though. If you feel the need to carry a pistol then get one, if not then don't get one.
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... Iím cominí ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 5:15pm
I don't think it's a good idea.  What you could do and should do tough to solve your problem of when you run out of ammo is get a good 4+1 harness so you can reload when you run out of ammo.  Then you won't have to go through the trouble of carrying around another gun.  So, no don't get a pistol.  In my opinion it is a waste of money.
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 5:18pm
Pistols are a waste, someone that I play with has one on him at all times but never uses it.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
pbdude985 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbdude985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 5:27pm
yea they are not really worth it i would just spend the money on some type of other upgarde/s
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 5:35pm
If your still new the the sport I would'nt suggest upgrading. Use the money on paint and field fees so that you can hone your skills.

Have a nice day

Edited by You Wont See Me
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 5:57pm
Pistol, dont get it, unless your going to play with it as a primary. 
Tippmann98mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann98mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 7:56pm
pistols are nice if u play senario or something, or if ur playing in close quarters and someone mercies u and u want to whip it out, but honestly, who has that good of reactions. for now i d say stay away from them, they look nice and are cool but how about getting a pod pack so u wont need a pistol
Tippmann 98 custom
flatline
12v revvy w/ x board
java diamond grips
DRAKE1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRAKE1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2005 at 12:17am
get  an upgrade like e-grip and double trigger for the same price
PIMPIN AINT EASY!!!
New camo a-5,LPK,Flatline,new e-grip and the JCS blabe trigger.
DRAKE1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRAKE1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2005 at 12:17am
PIMPIN AINT EASY!!!
New camo a-5,LPK,Flatline,new e-grip and the JCS blabe trigger.
clownshooter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Checking your underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clownshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2005 at 7:33am
A pistol as a secondary or backup marker is quite a lot of weight to be lugging around. The pistols aren't that heavy, but you put one in a holster on your belt and you'll be pulling your pants up all day long unless you use a military style belt with a harness system so your shouders help support the pistol's weight. I find that it's more fun to play with the pistol as a primary marker. It forces you to be more careful with your shots and to plan your game better. There is also a certain amount of satisfaction when you tag someone out who is shooting 20 BPS and carrying 500 paintballs.

Edited by clownshooter
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2005 at 9:00am
I am getting a pistol, but not to lug around all the time. I use too much paint (me and my fiance can't just use a case of paint a day anymore), and I'll be using it every other game or so just to cool down on paint consumption. Also is a whole 'nother way to play. And a good pistol will shoot like any other marker, there isn't reduced range or anything silly like that.
A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Nickodemus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickodemus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2005 at 9:39am

Pistols can be great fun if you play with friends and everyone has one. Remember, two is one and one is none. Pistol should be only used to get you back to your primary weapon, which you shouldn't have left behind or disabled anyway. I would rather have two strong markers and if one was FUBAR leave a game to grab the other, then carry a pistol. Personal opinion.

Because of the short sight radius and lack of stock, it is more difficult to aim a pistol steadily and accurately. 275 FPS is 275 FPS no matter what it comes out of.

To cool down on paint consumtion get a pump - turn it into a rifle. It's not going to be a little speedgun so go the other way with it.

Edited by Nickodemus
Think and give them all you have from the beginning, and never weaken!

wcat445 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wcat445 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2005 at 11:27am
k thx for the help.

i have a tippmann custom/pro so what would be a upgrade that i could
get that wouldnt cost to much money but would help my game.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2005 at 11:32am
i used to carry a pgp on my hip. never realy used it. however now i own...4 pistols and i go out with just one of them sometimes.
saving the world, one warship at a time.
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2005 at 2:01pm
Gah- I hate pumps. It's better to be able to shoot somewhat fast now a days, and a semi pistol is the best solution. Pumps make it difficult in case you do need a quick burst of shots. Pistols also help you learn your shooting ability- you have to not shoot at every target you see (I shoot when I begin to see a hair coming out from behind a bunker, and I see lots of hairs all the time). I'd be good learning to get up and move more than i do, and to take shots that count a lot more than what i take now.
A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2005 at 4:22pm

Dont bother with a pistol. If you really want a back up gun buy the same thing that you allready have so you can easily replace parts for your main gun from parts from the spare.

I bought a used A-5, flatty, E-grip from a buddy and it's come in handy many times. I normally let teammates use it if thier gun goes down.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
Nickodemus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickodemus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2005 at 4:35pm
Pumps are fun if everyone only has them. Just like pistols.
Think and give them all you have from the beginning, and never weaken!

billcosby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billcosby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 2:27am
i dont think that i would listen to anybody that calls a paintball marker a weapon.

Edited by billcosby
GABAA GABBA HEY PUNK IS HERE TO STAY

Ride foundation

I shoot a timmy
somnambulated View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote somnambulated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 3:35am
Originally posted by Nickodemus Nickodemus wrote:

Pumps are fun if everyone only has them. Just like pistols.

On the contrary, I know several pump players who run into semi games all the time.

My friend swears by his Phantom, and I've seen him take out three autocockers in a row, sometimes more.

Now, granted, he's been playing for six years, but...

It's not just what you carry, it's how you play.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic