FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Destruction of America

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
Author
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:27pm
It may not be ignorant in times of protection against an oppressor, but in the case of whether or not immigrants are useful...it's definitely ignorant.
Bugg View Drop Down
One screw up and all screen names go

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:29pm
I'm not against immigration, which you guys keep sayign I am.   I'm against illegal immigration. You as a cop should know what the word "Illegal" means, c'mon
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:31pm

Well there are a lot of things that are technically "illegal" that shouldn't be, this is one of them.

Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:31pm
So you think we should allow ANYONE into the country, no matter how good or bad they are? That, my firend, is ignorance
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Bugg Bugg wrote:

So you think we should allow ANYONE into the country, no matter how good or bad they are? That, my firend, is ignorance

No. It's called freedom.

Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

So you think we should allow ANYONE into the country, no
matter how good or bad they are? That, my firend, is ignorance

No. It's called freedom.
No, i am pretty sure it's ignorance...

Listen, we aren't the only country to have these regulations, yet I don't see you guys **edited**in about them...
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:34pm

Thanks cedric, that's the point.

There is nothing wrong with screening for certain things, but turning away people at our boarders have helped to anger those that might want to hurt us. Opening the boarders and creating citizens might show that we aren't a country of arrogance, maybe we should start showing freedom, since we toss that word around so much.

I would complain about those countries, but I don't live in them. I live in the country that's supposedly "land of the free, home of the brave" stuff.

Edited by Dune
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:36pm
And we are land of thr free, are we not? Is anyone being oppressed inside the US by our governemnt? No.

Listen, if you want people to emmigrate all willy nilly in your country, move to canada, I hear the weather is good this time of year
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:37pm

Haha, we have country wide oppression, it's the wealthy white people that ignore it because it doesn't bother them. Work in the inner city, it'll change.

Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:39pm
I have worked in the inner city, in Detrot and Pontiac, 2 of the worst cities in the US.

Like I said, name a thing that is government sponsored and run that is oppressing American citizens
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:41pm

If the government turns a blind eye to the problem, they are perpetuating it.

Worked in the innercity? You're not even out of school, I mean really worked in the inner city, as a cop, or social worker.

Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:43pm
While I havn't been a cop or social worker, I do have a really good friend thats a cop in detroit, and I've work inside central pontiac, and have given out food at a soup kitchen around 8 times in 3 years inside Detroit. I'm pretty sure I know whta I'm talking about. "Ohhh your just 16, you don't know anything" BElive me, i've seen a lot. I feel sorry for them too. But, having ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS move in does NTO help
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 5:44pm
That's pure ignorance, we can attribute a lot to immigrants, illegal and legal. The economy for just one.
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

That's pure ignorance, we can attribute a lot to immigrants, illegal and legal. The economy for just one.
Ok, well than why fight to let them in?
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 6:10pm

That's pure ignorance, we can attribute a lot to immigrants, illegal and legal.

How about the genetic code for almost all of us.....

Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 6:19pm

Ok, well than why fight to let them in?

To keep this country free...

Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 6:31pm

Stop Bugg, you're aruing about a word, while they're arguing about context. You hate to be wrong so you try to act as if the original posts were about just the word "lock down" not what was meant and explained in later posts. Stop trying to weasel out of being wrong...you should be use to it by now.
Hey, I never once argued about the context. I'm a man of technicality. If I can win on a technicality, God help me, I will. Nothing wrong with that.

Bugg, Jesus Christ. Did you even read my post?

Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

Bugg, if you still are delusional enough to believe that Hway is for locking the borders then you should ask him yourself.

But since I know your going to throw some ridiculous, out-of-context quote that Hway already addressed into my face, how about this: I disagree with anyone who asserts that we should lock the American borders. Gotcha?

". . . how about this: I disagree with anyone who asserts that we should lock the American borders."

That means that I could care less what Hway said! If Hway wants to lock the borders, then I disagree with him. If Hway does not want to lock the borders, then I agree with him in that respect. Either way, I still disagree with you.

Is the concept really that hard? You don't win on technicalities in intellectual debates, Bugg. I can only thank God that you argue your boneheaded ideasóbecause most of the silent majority silently thinks in the exact same way, but they will never have anyone argue with them and cause them to think.

Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 6:32pm
Bringing in immigrants from Mexico would be a practically brilliant idea. I don't mean to sound condescending here, but they're willing to do jobs most Americans will never consider. It would allow economic growth for sure. The only thing is, it's important that they pay taxes, and abide by the other laws of this country-which a lot of illegal immigrants don't. I don't think we should turn people away, unless they threaten the security of our country(in which case we should arrest them anyway), and I don't see it hurting our country. I know dozens of illegal Mexican immigrants living in Princeton, some of who were just kicked out last year(out of the country, that is), simply because we refuse to give them green cards. Not one of them had any criminal record. Sounds kind of stupid to me.

Plus, Bush is making immigration laws even stricter. My friend has come within a year of getting his green card 3 times. He was supposed to get it in 2001, and at this point, he will get it in 2006 at the earliest. That's stupid when the person you're talking about is a 15 year old French kid, who's lived here for the better portion of a decade.

Basically, people need to relax. The reason people don't like us is not because of our immigration laws, it's the fact that we seem to think that we can make laws that automatically make us look like we're somehow better than the people outside. We need to start letting people in, and hopefully, it'll help boost the economy. As far as I can see, it should simply fill jobs and increase spending. Maybe I'm wrong though-I'm no economics professor, I just know that the government isn't always right.
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

I also find it ironic that Kristofer is calling for the national language to be English but has Latin in his sig.

I am almost ashamed to remark on this.

First I call for a national language in the sense of unity. When I said religion, I could care less. I believe in god. But I dont go to church. I was merely trying to point out that other nations have both and they dont have problems with them. other nations still have people who speak other languages, and have other religions. Maybe I did not explain myself fully.

About the Latin. as pointed out later. I am going to be attending Marine Corps. Recruit Training in Precisely 81 days as of today. Actually it could be sooner as I requested an earlier date so that I can go to Iraq with the Reserve unit I will be joining since they have orders for Iraq in January. Theres a tangent for you.
But Semper Fidelis is Always Faithful as pointed out.

About your remark for our documents written in Latin. I dont know. Latin used to be a prominent langauge and spoken among scholars. Also I believe although I could be mistaken but English is a derivitive (spelling?) of Latin. I merely believe we need more unity in this nation of ours thats all. A National language also wouldnt prevent other people from speaking a different langauge. I just dont like the idea of having Quebecs here in the States. Then there will be less unity and more separation from a langauge barrier. Also it is difficult to learn alanguage but not impossible.
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 7:46pm
Oh my god. When i was 12 i spoke nothing but french. When my cousine was 9 he spoke nothing but vietnamese. My whole family had to learn english to be productive members of society. My dad didnt speak english till he was over 18. He lived in New Hampshire. The town he lived in was all french. Schools taught in french. Radio, Tv, all in french. We learned english because you have to. And its a slap in the face to all of us when someone jumps the border and doesnt even consider learning english. It is important for health reasons, auto accidents, you take your language for granted. If you get sick and go to the hospital, you are going to need to know how to speak english. There isnt always going to be a person to translate. If you get into a car accident you are going to need to communicate. This shold not be negotiable. My family migrated. LEAGALY. My grandfather migrated from france and stayed on ellis island for months. Its rediculous. Its a slap in the face to the millions of people that have come over leagaly. Learned the language, and made something of themselves.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
  Share Topic