FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Destruction of America

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 15>
Author
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 8:03am
Lets twist my words. Is this CNN? My God. National Language lets see..
France has a national Language, Iwonder what it is... OH FRENCH
Germany has a national langauage, I wonder what it is... OH GERMAN
Spain has a national language, I wonder what it is... OH
SPANISH!

Should I add more?
Even though they have national languages all, but I believe France, teach other languages. They have signs in other languages.

So having English as our national langauge wouldnt make it illegal to speak other langauges, but it will be a common spoken langauge.
Good Day.
Bugg View Drop Down
One screw up and all screen names go

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 8:24am
I didn't say don't teach other languages, I'm just saying, learn to speak ours to be a productive citizen, which should be a requirement to live in the US... the citizen part.
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Kristofer Kristofer wrote:

We DONT need a national religion. but it wouldnt hurt.

Yes, yes it would. The First Amendment would then be repealed, and the tattered rope that holds the drooling, barking beast away would be broken once and for all.

America would burn and die.
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Dazed Dazed wrote:

Aren't we now???
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Bugg Bugg wrote:

Aren't we now???

Given the anti-privacy laws and pro-monopoly leanings the last few years, yes.
STD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 11:01am

Originally posted by Bugg Bugg wrote:

Aren't we now???

Given the anti-privacy laws and pro-monopoly leanings the last few years, yes.
and yet does anyone ever do anthing? no the masses just sit back and watch the tv...
The dogs of war are baarking up the wrong tree...
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 11:08am

Originally posted by Kristofer Kristofer wrote:

Lets twist my words. Is this CNN? My God. National Language lets see..
France has a national Language, Iwonder what it is... OH FRENCH
Germany has a national langauage, I wonder what it is... OH GERMAN
Spain has a national language, I wonder what it is... OH
SPANISH!

Should I add more?
Even though they have national languages all, but I believe France, teach other languages. They have signs in other languages.

So having English as our national langauge wouldnt make it illegal to speak other langauges, but it will be a common spoken langauge.
Good Day.

It already is a common spoken language.

So what exactilly would declaring englsh "National Language" do again?

STD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 11:13am
jack diddely squat
The dogs of war are baarking up the wrong tree...
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 12:41pm
I love the Downfall of America theories. They remind me so much of Y2K.

Big Whoop that was.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 1:34pm

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

I love the Downfall of America theories. They remind me so much of Y2K.

Big Whoop that was.

Haha, hadn't thought about that in a long time.

Anyways, Bugg, you act as if learning the english language and becoming a productive member of society is so easy for someone customed to another language and another culture. However, there are millions of Americans who still can not afford to speak, learn, or use the english language and will never become a productive member of the society in which they are legally attached to. Why don't we work on them before forcing things on others who have a least made an attempt to better themselves in some ways.

Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 1:57pm
"Who can't afford to speak, learn, use"

How can they not afford? It's free ya know!

Just the other day at work, a family of Mexicans came in, and they had their 7 year old translate for them!

Dune, I never said the English language was easy, I know it's one of the hardest to learn, BUT it's not hard ot get the basics down.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 2:03pm
Why is so terrible that the child needs to translate? I have several people a day come in and do the same thing.

When there isnt a child there to translate for the parent, I attempt to explain to the patron what they need. If I have a translator for that language I get them.

I recently had a French tourist come in. I dont speak French, he didnt speak English. Did it hurt me that he didnt speak English? Nope.

I also have patrons the come in speaking Tagolag, Tamal, Spanish, forms of Vietnamese dialects, French, and many, many more. It isnt that big of a deal. Just because you cant understand them doesnt mean others cant. Stop trying ot be so noisy and listening to their conversation. If there are no translators available, the customer/patron can go somewhere where there is a translator. Or vise versa.

Edited by Hades
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

I recently had a French tourist come in. I dont speak French, he didnt speak English. Did it hurt me that he didnt speak English? Nope.
Tourist are different than citizens people living in the country
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 2:08pm
Why?

I also have patrons which arent tourists, that come in speaking Tagolag, Tamal, Spanish, forms of Vietnamese dialects, French, and many, many more. It isnt that big of a deal. Just because you cant understand them doesnt mean others cant. Stop trying ot be so noisy and listening to their conversation. If there are no translators available, the customer/patron can go somewhere where there is a translator. Or vise versa.

Oh and what about the deaf, they dont speak English. Should they be kicked out? They need traslators that for people that dont know sign language.

Edited by Hades
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 2:09pm
I never said they couldn't talk in their own language, i'm saying, learn English
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 2:11pm
No need to learn English if they dont want to speak with English speaking people.

Isnt it one's choice who one will or will not speak to?
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 2:12pm
But Hades, don't you think it's ignorant if people that live in YOUR country don't even kow how to speak the language even after 5 years? ANd i'm not saying fluently, i'ms aying BASIC stuff like "Where is _____?"
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 2:16pm
Nope. There are some communties across American that dont speak in any English at all. Not sure if there are as many as there used to be but it still happens.

Their schools are taught in the native tongue, churches preach in native tongue, markets have native food stuffs. 99% of their town is just like back home, minus the oppessive and cruel government. If that is how someone wants to live their life why shouldnt they be able to?

I have gone into some homes and nothing but the native tongue is spoken and the house was run just like it was back in the native homeland. Persephone was a good example of that. Did I adjust sure, was it a big deal no. Why? because we are all human. Did I feel better or worse than her family? No, just different. Is feeling different bad? No.

Edited by Hades
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 2:22pm
I also find it ironic that Kristofer is calling for the national language to be English but has Latin in his sig.

Edited by Hades
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 2:27pm
Well, he is going ot be a Marine, and marines defend the country.

Semper fidelus= Always Faithful

He said national language shoudl eb english yes, be he never said, and either have i, that it shoudl eb the only tolerated language

Hell, look on money, E Pleurbus Unum, out of many, one
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 15>
  Share Topic