Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Destruction of America

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
Author
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Joined: 13 February 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3874
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Bugg Bugg wrote:

I don't need to prove myself on an internet forum, Dazed.

I say what I want becasue it's my opinion. People say LB sucks, that's their opinion,a nd I don't mind it.


You're always proving yourself to yourself, Bugg, and your god(if you believe in one). If you don't believe you're totally responsible for every comment, action, decision, or inaction you choose to make, then you're sadly mistaken.

The worst part is, you're also a part of the massive majority.

Its sad that there is so much talk of how this forum has gone downhill, and so much talk of what needs to be done, yet here we are with one of our supposed "regulars" lets the truth come out that, in the end, this is just some stupid place on the internet and he doesn't have to be resposible for his actions, not even to his reflection.

We prove ourselves all the time, Bugg. Even, no especially when we think we don't have to. A good man does whats right, even when no one is looking. A wise man looks when no one else does, and sees a truer heart of people.

What I see in you, Bugg, is someone who puts ego before understanding, and searches for the spotlight instead of forging community with his peers.

Edited by Dazed
Back to Top
STD View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 27 April 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 319
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 11:13am
Money= destruction of america
The dogs of war are baarking up the wrong tree...
Back to Top
STD View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 27 April 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 319
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 11:19am

"The worst part is, you're also a part of the massive majority.

Its sad that there is so much talk of how this forum has gone downhill, and so much talk of what needs to be done, yet here we are with one of our supposed "regulars" lets the truth come out that, in the end, this is just some stupid place on the internet and he doesn't have to be resposible for his actions, not even to his reflection."

Hey anyone got some gas, i want to start the ol'tippmann camp fire.
The dogs of war are baarking up the wrong tree...
Back to Top
Bugg View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
One screw up and all screen names go

Joined: 16 February 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 33
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Dazed Dazed wrote:

What I see in you, Bugg, is someone who puts ego before understanding, and searches for the spotlight instead of forging community with his peers.
I've tried being one witht he "community of my peers" Yet I get flak for liking what I like. You're right, maybe I don't always do the right thing, but no one ever does. Before March of this year, I was arguebally one of the nicest people pn the forum, then I said LB was coming out with a CD and I got flamed. So I fought back. I've spent my WHOLE life being the nice guy, doing what other people want me to do, even if it doesn't benefit me in any way. I'm tired of it. That may sound selfish, but it's true. I shouldn't be counted on to help everyone on a whim. I'm my own person too, so I am allowed to have my own opinions. I'm not like some out-of-his mind insurgant, I'm human. I do what's right, not what's thought that I should do.

Originally posted by Dazed Dazed wrote:


Its sad that there is so much talk of how this forum has gone downhill, and so much talk of what needs to be done, yet here we are with one of our supposed "regulars" lets the truth come out that, in the end, this is just some stupid place on the internet and he doesn't have to be resposible for his actions, not even to his reflection.
I never said that this forum was a wasteland for my feelings. I said I shouldn't have ot prove myself and my beliefs to people I don't/ will never meet. I AM responsibale for my actions, but name one "action" that has caused harm to anyone? I wouldn't consider myself a man if I didn't take responisbility. Hell, I'll take the bullet for my friends from time ot time, if the cause is right.

This forum is a greta place, where many friends have been made and there is a lot of comradiship(sp).

Before a couple of months ago, you would NEVER see me inside T&O, but I feel like I should release my opinions without being flamed ofr them, which has NOT happened.

I hope I made that clear to you.
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 11:44am
Now I see the center of Dib's argument. He's just mad because he hates getting made fun of by other cultures. It's nice to see that when someone speaks at a different tone in a different language to him he stereotypes them into calling him and infidel or something else stupid. Way to prove your point with stereotypical remarks.
Back to Top
Bugg View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
One screw up and all screen names go

Joined: 16 February 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 33
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Now I see the center of Dib's argument. He's just mad because he hates getting made fun of by other cultures. It's nice to see that when someone speaks at a different tone in a different language to him he stereotypes them into calling him and infidel or something else stupid. Way to prove your point with stereotypical remarks.
Was that to me?
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 11:47am

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Now I see the center of Dib's argument.

No.

Back to Top
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 May 2003
Location: Virgin Islands
Status: Offline
Points: 12983
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 12:24pm
I debate in T&O opinions not to win or to lose but because I want to see what other people think and how I can work something out with someone that sees something different than myself. Nothing is ever going to be accomplished if two sides cant ever agree on anything. There have been several discussions where my stance on something has been changed because of the way someone esle sees things. Not nessisarily alot of change but the lines in my mind are constantly shifting which I think it very healthy for progress. People that dont ever change are just a waste of time.
Back to Top
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6483
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 12:47pm
So ultimately, half of the forum hates immigrants, and the other half hates Bugg. —Swell times on the forum, as always . . . .
__________________
__________________

Back to Top
Bugg View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
One screw up and all screen names go

Joined: 16 February 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 33
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

and the other half hates Bugg.


Well, atleast it's only half
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 2:09pm

Originally posted by Bugg Bugg wrote:

Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

and the other half hates Bugg.


Well, atleast it's only half

Maybe he's understating?

Back to Top
Bugg View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
One screw up and all screen names go

Joined: 16 February 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 33
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Originally posted by Bugg Bugg wrote:

Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

and the other half hates Bugg.
Well, atleast it's only half


Maybe he's understating?

not to be ironic... but ya lost me
Back to Top
SeaWolf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Doesn’t know who Big Al is...

Joined: 23 October 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3639
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by STD STD wrote:

Money= destruction of america


Money = The American Dream...

Corruption = Destruction of America
   
Back to Top
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Joined: 13 February 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3874
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Bugg Bugg wrote:

I've tried being one witht he "community of my peers" Yet I get flak for liking what I like. You're right, maybe I don't always do the right thing, but no one ever does. Before March of this year, I was arguebally one of the nicest people pn the forum, then I said LB was coming out with a CD and I got flamed. So I fought back. I've spent my WHOLE life being the nice guy, doing what other people want me to do, even if it doesn't benefit me in any way. I'm tired of it. That may sound selfish, but it's true. I shouldn't be counted on to help everyone on a whim. I'm my own person too, so I am allowed to have my own opinions. I'm not like some out-of-his mind insurgant, I'm human. I do what's right, not what's thought that I should do.


And because someone was mean to you you thought that sinking to their level is ok? What part of that is honorable? What part of your mind says "yep, this helps me hold on to my integrity". By giving in, and seeing nothing wrong with being like them, you become one of them, and tell me, do you consider people who would repeatedly dog you about something so simple, just to get a rise out of you, worth respecting?

Where did I say anything about helping anyone? I said do the right thing for yourself.

And I didn't say anything about being a nice guy. There is often a world of difference between nice and honourable. You don't try to be either, you try to be the “hero in white, never wrong-always right”. You try to dominate others with your opinions, but come off looking like the good guy, even to the point of irrationality in cases. Kind of like a religious fanatic actually, in that respect. You say here that you don't always do the right, thing, yet how often do you admit to being wrong.

Originally posted by Bugg Bugg wrote:

I never said that this forum was a wasteland for my feelings. I said I shouldn't have ot prove myself and my beliefs to people I don't/ will never meet. I AM responsibale for my actions, but name one "action" that has caused harm to anyone? I wouldn't consider myself a man if I didn't take responisbility. Hell, I'll take the bullet for my friends from time ot time, if the cause is right.


Name one of these threads that has done someone any good. Tell me how calling Ryan an idiot for expressing his opinion by linking to an article(the same thing you've been doing) is right. Tell me how calling me vulgar names isn't harmful.Tell me how “forgetting” that you did it is taking responsibility for you actions. Tell me how saying 3/11 was a good thing isn't harmful, and how then denying you said it is taking responsibility for your actions.

And to take this from a moral stance to a logical one, why are you in here “arguing” if you don't want to prove your opinion to people? Why do you get so enflamed and call people names and doggedly persist in ignoring us when we find holes in your logic, call you on your hypocracies, and then back up and change your stance entirely, unless you mean to prove your point to people? If you don't want to have to defend your opinions, you shouldn't post threads about them, shouldn't reply to people that attack them, and shouldn't attack other people whose opinions differ, right?

In one of the arguments in Regulars, you even told me that you weren't actually fully reading my posts, just skimming them, yet you responded without hesitation, and most of the time without actually replying to my point, just rambling the same thing you had been saying, yelling at me, or nit-picking at metaphors and examples. That sounds like someone who wants to win an argument, not someone who wants to express his opinions. What does it sound like to you, Bugg?

Obviously, if you don't feel you have to prove yourself to us, you wouldn't argue with us, right? Yet you obviously like arguing with us, and will even move away from the point to technicalities to win, as you said earlier. Don't those two reasoning contradict each other?

Quote but I feel like I should release my opinions without being flamed ofr them, which has NOT happened.


Does that make your reactions any more right?
Back to Top
Bugg View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
One screw up and all screen names go

Joined: 16 February 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 33
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 2:44pm
Dazed, dazed, dazed....

Wow...

1) I've only called Ryan and ILP idiots, noone else.
And Like I have said many times before, what Ryan and I did ARE NOT the same thing. You might think it is, but it's really not.

When I put links in, I stated that they were opinions of the author,I never tried passing it off as real news.

AND more so, I never put in extreme right wing media crap, like Ryan does for the left wing.

"OMGZ, this senator is like the one in star warz! Stop him!"

2) Again, you took what I said about 3/11 out of context. You are the only "regular" that particpated in the original conversation that didn't get what I said. 3/11 was "good" becasue it woke the world up that we, the US, wasn't going ot be the only country attacked, even IF 3/11 was caused by Basques, some Musclim fanatical groups did claim responsibility at first.

You don't find holes in my logic, only in my arguement. There is a difference. If we were talking/ debating/ argueing face to face, I would have no problem stating what I mean how I meant it. But since we are on a forum, people can't tell emotions or tone of voice or any of that stuff.



No, I have never moved from my stance on any subject to find technicalaties. Technicalaties are what help many a person win fights. Technicalaties are exactly that, technical. They aren't THE arguement, but they do help with it.

PM me with your aim name so we can continue this real time, i hate having to wait for replies.
Back to Top
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Joined: 13 February 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3874
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 3:41pm
Now you're just lying to me bugg, and once again ignoring the parts of my argument you can't mount a defense to, most of which are the major points of my agrument.

You're also being hypocritical, again. You say you don't divert from the point of the argument, yet your first point is correcting a minor detail(and really, does it matter how many people one killed, they are still a murderer). You then go on to repeat something you have said several times, and wasn't even something I commented on. I made no connection between you and .ryan regarding your seperate threads, yet here you are defending your attacks on him as if I did. All I did was state that calling him names was in no way the "right thing to do", here you are trying to rationalize it again, and keep from answering the over all question.

Once again proving that you do try to draw me away from the real arguments I'm making. Yet thats something you later claim you don't do that, either. You claim to never leave the point of the argument to find technicalities, yet everything you've said here is either a nit-picking, running away with an example I made, or completely off topic. Yes, you held to the point very well.

You also claim that I don't find holes in your logic. I did that in my previous post, by pointing out that you don't feel you have to prove anything to us, but attack other people so much, and spread your opinions with more fervor than a Jehovah's Witness*, and asking you how those two things togther make any sense. That shows a hole in your logic, you don't act by what you say. If you believe that everyone should be free to voice their opinion, and you shouldn't have to prove yourself to us, you wouldn't attack us or argue ar all with us. Thus, I showed that you do differently than you say you believe. And thats not only hypocracy, but a self made hole in the logic you use to live your life.

Much more important that the logic you use in your arguments, I think.

Go back to my previous post, re-read it, and then give me a point-by-point repose, or at least something closer than what you tried here. Find a way to refute the point of my argument as a whole, rather than the individual details. Use your own examples, create your own metaphors, make your counter-points in ways that make them clear to us, not you.

Edited by Dazed
Back to Top
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Joined: 14 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5865
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Bugg Bugg wrote:

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Originally posted by Bugg Bugg wrote:

Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

and the other half hates Bugg.
Well, atleast it's only half


Maybe he's understating?

not to be ironic... but ya lost me


ARRRRR! I can't even properly put into words how ridiculous you are. You are one of those people I would congratulate, just for having survived as long as you have, despite the massive odds against such an occurance.


Edited by Frozen Balls
Back to Top
Not a pope View Drop Down
Member
Member

Troll Account

Joined: 27 May 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 12
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Not a pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 4:37pm

I hate bugg

Imigrants make damn fine burritos

Back to Top
Bugg View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
One screw up and all screen names go

Joined: 16 February 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 33
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Dazed Dazed wrote:

If you believe that everyone should be free to voice their opinion, and you shouldn't have to prove yourself to us, you wouldn't attack us or argue ar all with us.
I've checked, and yes, I did say peopel cna voice their own opinions. I never once, ONCE, said that people couldn't argue over points. I said don't attack someone for whatt hey believe, and I may have contardicted myself when I called .Ryan an idiot for putting that in, becasue I attacked him for what he believed in, but what he posted, and has posted, and will continue to post, is pure BS, comparign a real life senator to one from star wars and all that non-sense.

Originally posted by Dazed Dazed wrote:

Find a way to refute the point of my argument as a whole, rather than the individual details.
I find it MUCH easier to refute some of your small points with some of mine, than go and do one huge post about anohter huge post. I find that if I put refute small post, I can make what I'm saying more organized.
Back to Top
Bugg View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
One screw up and all screen names go

Joined: 16 February 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 33
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Not a pope Not a pope wrote:

I hate bugg


Imigrants make damn fine burritos

Good for you, you've been here less than a day.

I never said no immigrants, I said no ILLEGAL immigrants, and you guys can't get that through your heads.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.172 seconds.