FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Theoretical situation of promotion.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2005 at 11:37pm
jmac3 gold for the fourth time.

Everything said in this thread.
Que pasa?

hwayhzrd View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Out Getting a Beer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwayhzrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2005 at 11:37pm
I wish we could do these now. This forum has been fouled up for nearly a year and a half. AHHHG!
If I attack, follow me

If I flee, kill me

If I die, avenge me

jewm0nt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jewm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2005 at 11:39pm
m0nt(s) to mod

Let's ride bikes.
Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2 - Language, 9/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2005 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by jewm0nt jewm0nt wrote:

m0nt(s) to mod

Let's ride bikes.

No.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2005 at 11:48pm
Actually I think that I might have a decent solution to the promotions/strikes problem.

For those that are concerned with rank status and deserve it, if they wish, they can have their title reflect what rank they are/should be if the star machine was working.

When a mod feels that members are worthy of a promotion, the member will be sent a Pm by a mod and asked if they want the promotion to be reflected in the title or if they want to keep the title they currently have.

I am hoping the big wigs are not going to put Mother on the chopping block. There was a thread recently about the servers at Tippmann being upgraded recently to bear the bigger load the forum was causing. I hope that is a good sign and not a rumor/joke.

Edited by Hades

Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2005 at 11:50pm
That is a good idea. If the mods like it, they should start way back in April 2004 with who deserves what. Have fun guys! My title is too awesome.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 12:04am

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Actually I think that I might have a decent solution to the promotions/strikes problem.

For those that are concerned with rank status and deserve it, if they wish, they can have their title reflect what rank they are/should be if the star machine was working.

When a mod feels that members are worthy of a promotion, the member will be sent a Pm by a mod and asked if they want the promotion to be reflected in the title or if they want to keep the title they currently have.

I am hoping the big wigs are not going to put Mother on the chopping block. There was a thread recently about the servers at Tippmann being upgraded recently to bear the bigger load the forum was causing. I hope that is a good sign and not a rumor/joke.

I like it. A lot.

A-5 08 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

The mob rules!!! Get the pitchforks!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 10:42am
Hades you genius you. . . man that makes my idea seem so
crude

*puts away pichfork*

On a serious note though that would be a good solution to the
star system being broken and it would help the mods out
because fellow forum members are around to pm as well to
say they think that they believe he or she should be promoted.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 12:21pm
good idea Hades, espcially since my title isn't currently being used.
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by hwayhzrd hwayhzrd wrote:

<div style="text-align: center;">Well, I like the strikes because if it
is a small infraction, then the interloper has a chance to get right
with the world again before getting tagged.

However, if the masses prefer the swift hand of retribution approach, who am I to deny you?

you're a mod, you can deny anyone below you. unless the admin. or the other 3 mods petition you, you can do whatever

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 12:27pm
hades your idea wouldn't work though. true, people would know what rank they are supposed to be, however gold members who dont have their stars still won't be able to post in the regulars section.
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 12:47pm
I would love to see a few more mods around here, regardless of who it was(so long as they understand the job, and their limits).
Bugg View Drop Down
One screw up and all screen names go

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by -ProDigY- -ProDigY- wrote:

I'm so happy you're back, Hway.
It feels just like old times.
I agree...

I vote me for Goltium. Half gold half plat
WGP guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Quoted F and S bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 1:05pm
Clark, Panda, Cedric for Gold

Darur for Plat (and Bugg too)

Hades for mod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Dazed Dazed wrote:

I would love to see a few more mods around here, regardless of who it was(so long as they understand the job, and their limits).

/me votes hades
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 3:23pm
Other than posting in regs it would work. Nothing really happens in regs anways. It would just turn into another T&Os if more people could post in there.

oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 3:37pm
Hades should be mod just because the titles he would give would own.

Edited by oreomann33
A-5 08 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

The mob rules!!! Get the pitchforks!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 4:25pm
Yeah from what I've heard the regs forum isn't anything special.

Plus when I've checked out topics they aren't super special but i wish i could have replied to a few. So other than that it would remain just the old regs, which would probably be fine considering how long they've been here they deserve some privacy.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 4:34pm
well...i haven't even been here for a whole year...I guess I have a while to wait.. but i like hades idea....too bad we can't change the regulars forum tho....Why can't I even read it anymore?

I used to go in there and read what was going on, even if I couldn't post.

Edit: whoa, I have a title....and its quite depressing...

Edited by usafpilot07
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 4:35pm
TriggerHappy1 should just go straight from regular to plat.

Hades, should be plat.

Youm0nt should be mod.

Panda Man, and Nickodemous(sorry man, messed that up big time) should both be gold.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic