Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RT speed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
cb_neosythe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cb_neosythe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RT speed
    Posted: 11 May 2005 at 12:26am
is the RT faster on the A5 or 98c
Citizen Kane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Kane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 1:31am

I would think that it really matters on what hopper you have..With a Halo B electro hopper and an r/t on a 98 C, you can pull 15+ BPS. But the A-5 has the cyclone loader and can load as fast as you pull because it use blow back to force feed balls into the chamber..An easy 15+ BPS.

In my oppinion, a cyclone can load faster..So the A-5 can shoot fater with an r/t.

I may be wrong though.

o.0
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 6:54am
^I was thinking the same thing. With no upgrades besides the RT, I'm betting the A5 is faster.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Savior_six View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Air Force - Woot!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Savior_six Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 9:23am
Stock, the A-5 has better internals than the 98, physically able to achieve higher rates of fire.
Team Salem, Kuwait 08
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 3:22pm
The A-5 has the same internals as the 98c.(almost) But, i can get nice RT tippy up to 14-15. 
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 3:43pm
The 98 is capable of a higher ROF because after 15bps with the cyclone, it will become a blender. And the 98 has no speed limit except the hopper.
heavymetal99 View Drop Down

Guested for F-bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavymetal99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 6:10pm
I have heard of people getting it up to 20bps.
Devil2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
^^^ Just got his fantasy fulfilled ^^^

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devil2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 6:27pm
I have a 98 with and R/T and Empire ReLoader and my brother has an A-5 with R/T. I can shoot every bit as fast as him, and he breaks balls quite a bit for some reason. We both have Flatlines too. I don't know why his breaks balls though.. they are shooting just about the same speed, and I probably break 1 ball for every 2 cases of paint, and he breaks 1 ball for every 500 rounds.. some games he breaks as much as 1 ball per hopper.

The Evil Thong Girl had something called "Motion Lotion"...it tasted pretty good, I ate the entire contents of the bottle thingy..-Hell's Oracle
Citizen Kane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Kane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 7:53pm

You brothermay be runnign at a higher velocity than you probably.

That, or the flat line sucks

o.0
98owner View Drop Down
Basically asked to be Guested.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 9:32pm
i say what they say

if u watch blue collar tv 24-7
u might be a redneck.
-Hell yeah thats me   
cb_neosythe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cb_neosythe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 11:39pm
ah yea the flatline does chop with cheaper paint in it.
Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 12:05am
Stock, A5. A good loader on the 98, then 98.
Halo
CDPaintbal.com
One of the oldest running scenario fields in the southeast.
G-rant01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G-rant01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 11:58am

a5 by far...its more $$ but u dont have to invest in a hopper thats eletric.  a5 with rt is all mechanical..and working in unison..lol..w/e id go with a5

ur friend in the field
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 3:52pm
A-5 cyclone is capped at 15bps, the 98C can reach 18bps with a decent hopper.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
FireboM View Drop Down
Strike 1, Avatar was a No-No.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireboM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by G-rant01 G-rant01 wrote:

a5 by far...its more $$ but u dont have to invest in a hopper thats eletric.  a5 with rt is all mechanical..and working in unison..lol..w/e id go with a5

98 stupid. A5 is capped cause of the cyclone and the 98 is only capped by your abilities to shoot fast. plus all mechanical isnt better.i mean would you rather have a gun where the bolt and hopper system have to move, or a gun where only the bolt must move. less moving parts=faster, more reliable gun.
"She's the one who keeps me all excited, she keeps me begging for more"
Never Leave-Seether
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by triggerhappy1 triggerhappy1 wrote:

The 98 is capable of a higher ROF because after 15bps with the cyclone, it will become a blender. And the 98 has no speed limit except the hopper.
We have a winner. The cyclone can only get around 18 bps for short bursts max before it takes a crap on you.

The 98C R/T can get an easy 20-22bps with a little modifications and a good hopper.

Edited by You Wont See Me
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 6:34pm
Once i finish my tippy, im going to try out a new RT mod.
LPK RT fitting
and
an adjustable tank.
TOPGUN 414 View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Foul language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOPGUN 414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 12:41am
my a-5 can pump out to 17bps+, but i got alot of internal parts so..
but yea the a-5 is alot more faster than the 98
A5
RT
Mp5 clip
Mp5 handguard
dual offset rail
tactical flashlight w p/s
42mm simmons redot
polished internals
maddman spring kit
starfire bolt
fx style stock
14in nightstik barrel
1bigbad4x4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1bigbad4x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 2:19am

first off i've never shot a 98 with an RT, but i own an A-5 with the rt on it and i would say the A5 stock is faster than the 98 stock.  But to be completely honest with you if you go and upgrade the hopper on the 98 and get an extra 2-5 bps good for you.  Personally i dont even use the RT that much, just a waste of balls, but it is nice to have when you really need it. When you get bunkered down, or outnumbered you can really turn the game around fast.   I hear this all the time about trying to get your gun to shoot umpteen bps, but how often do you usually shoot like that.  If my cyclone limits me to 15-17 bps i'm happy with that cuz i don't go out and shoot 2 cases of paint every time we go out.  Then again everyone had their own style of play and thats what makes the sport interesting, but i just hate people that ramp up their gun and just go out and unload hopper after hopper and not hit anything.

G-rant01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G-rant01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 12:14pm

i go swimming alot in paintball....like a d-day game and i go through hoppers like nothing.  i have 98c wit rt and i keep frying the hopper.  so the whole mechanical thing is personal.

ur friend in the field
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic