Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Call me Irish American

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 1:35am
Choop is considered a Canadian. Even though you might consider Canada part of the Americas. Also, not all asians are from the orient, so you wouldn't classify them as that.

Edited by Sammy
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 1:38am
Canada is part of North America. He is an American, he is Canadian. Everyone from the bottom tip of Chile, to the tippy top of Alaska, is American. Just like Indians are Asian.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 1:40am
Yeah because the billion people in china and another half billion in India all live in the Orient They are Asians because they live on the continent of Asia not the Orient.

Also those people you listed are Americans because they live in the North and South American Continents.

Therefore everyone not living in Rhode Island should not be called Rhode Islanders but Americans, or more general, North Americans.

impulse2 View Drop Down
Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 1:41am
Please let this be a logical discussion. Im sure you guys won't turn it into a flame fest. Thank you.

10 posts I need a lifE

Honorificabilitudinitatibus

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 1:42am
NO. They live in Rhode Island, they are Rhode Islanders.

And i know that India isnt in the orient. I never said it was.
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 1:43am
o·ri·en·tal   Audio pronunciation of "oriental" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ôr-ntl, r-)
adj.

1. often Oriental Of or relating to the countries of the Orient or their peoples or cultures; eastern.
   2. Oriental Of or designating the biogeographic region that includes Asia south of the Himalaya Mountains and the islands of the Malay Archipelago.
   3. Lustrous and valuable: oriental pearls.
        1. Of or relating to a genuine or superior gem: an oriental ruby.
        2. Relating to or designating corundum that resembles another stone in color.

I think this logical discussion is done.

Edited by Sammy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 1:47am
Wooo hooo

It really doesnt matter. The average person will call Asian Countries oriental. They will call the far east Oriental, oriental cuisine, oriental people. ect ect.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 1:48am
Correct, I agree that Rhode Islanders can be called Rhode Islanders, but no one that does not live in Rhode Island should be called that correct?

Therefore, every Asian that does live in a fictious region which is most of them do not, are offended being called oriental. Even the ones that come from the oriental region do not like being refered to as Oriental because that isnt a place except in the mind of the white man and it groups together completely different cultures into one group that has never existed nor will exsist but in the minds of the ignorant white man.

Edited by Hades
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 1:51am
Tuff? There is no such thing as race. Race is completely relative to the culture using the term.

What you are talking about is grouping together disimilar ethnic groups. That is not what we are doing. We are grouping together a group of people that share a region.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 2:00am
Like I said the region doesnt exist but in the minds of ignorant people. It a region created beacues of the commerce activities, therefore objects created from that region can be call oriental. Since people are not objects of commerce anymore, in most of the civilzed world refering to them as objects of that region is offensive.

Too bad the region you are using to describe 2 billion people using to is actually home to a very small percentage to them.

Hurray! Ignorance has struck again.....

Also Impulse is incorrect on his hispanic and African American rant.

The labels you are complaining about dont refer to the previous location you parents lived in, it refers to the race your ancestors live/ breed with thousands of years ago before the population of the globe became to be so diverse.

Edited by Hades
impulse2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 2:03am
Thanks Hades, I'm wrong again. You are so right and always right. Why can't I be like you. You rule. I'm going to cook you a big batch of cookies just for you that's how much you rule. Oh and I love you. Never forget that.

10 posts I need a lifE

Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 2:04am
I am wrong, I just use the edit button.

I heart you too.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 2:08am
Oriental is an accepted name of the lands of the far east. Deal with it.. Chinese, Korean, Cambodian, Laotion, all these countries are comonly refered to as being in "The Orient" The boarders of what people call "The Orient" are ambiguous and vauge at best. The orient is a term like "Middle East" "North East" "Eastern Europe" "The South" It refers to an area.

What i mean is. Billy is from what people call "The South" our friend billy lives in Georgia.

John Lee lives in what some people call "The Orient" He lives in china. John lives in Beijing.

Billy is Southern
John is Oriental

Edited by DBibeau855
impulse2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 2:12am
Thanks, Hades realize I do care that I'm right most of the time. But when it comes to topics like this I mostly don't. Call it ignorance is a large part of racism. Racism/discrimination/prejudice is brought on how your grown up. My parents weren't the most racist people in the world but the small affect rubbed off on me. But after hearing terms like African American etc etc I'm sick of it. Hating/disliking another race is the worst thing to due. Becuase the only thing that happens is other races complain that white people are racist against them. So in the end you get more crap. So I come on here and blow off steam. Instead of going out and finding the nearest person same race or not and jumping them like other people due.

10 posts I need a lifE

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 2:15am
People need to realize, that are all neighbors, we are citizens of the US. In the down home sense of the word. We are "American"
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 2:32am
I understand that your here to blow of steam, I do it too. I am grateful that your willing to listen to what others have to say and while I dont always agree with everyones opinions I try to see where they are coming from and help out if I can.

Take care and good luck.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 2:36am
Its good you come here to blow off steam. Ever try breaking plates? My mom used to break plates. We would eat off of paper plates. The china and coffe mugs were for breaking.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 2:56am
Calling someone oriental is no longer politicly
correct for whatever reason, I never looked into it.
And I know if you want to get as broad as possible,
I'm a North American (not american, its different) but
on any legal documents, anywhere in the world, I'd
be canadian.
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 7:44am
The fact that this sort of thing even bothers you is kind of pathetic.

impulse2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 10:57am
Thanks Ejp. I thought you died. But looks like your still breathing. Good to see.

10 posts I need a lifE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic