Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

paintball silencers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Stormcharger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormcharger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 1:01pm

Originally posted by patdh1028 patdh1028 wrote:

it is hard to make working silencers for paintball because what they do is let the hot gas from firing a round expand in a controlled environment. the gasses used in paintball are not hot enough to need to be controlled, and the sound coming from your gun is made by the cycling of the bolt and whatnot. so a working silencer is unnecessary. 

A silencer or suppressor allows gas from the barrel to expand in an enclosed chamber, whether it is hot or not.  With the exception of a supersonic bullet, the sound coming from the barrel of a firearm or paintball gun is caused by rapidly expanding gas.  A practical example of this is to pop a balloon.  The air inside the balloon is at a higher pressure than the surrounding air, and when released suddenly makes noise.  Now consider, the pressure at the barrel of apintball gun is usually around 600-700psi.  The pressure of the surrounding air at sea level is 1psi.  A suppressor allows this pressure to be let into a larger enclosed space so that the pressure leaving the barrel is reduced overall.  Which is also why a ported barrel is quieter than an unported barrel. 

FyreFly View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FyreFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 1:37pm
Awesome description Storm!   

System X NME LE
WGP Orracle Cocker
Tippmann A-5 E-Grip & LPK
Tippmann 98C Flatline & LPK
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 1:55pm
Storm, you are however slightly wrong. The air pressure at sea level is 1 ATM, and 1 ATM is roughly equivalent to 14 psi. Just being picky.
A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

What I really want to know is how do I make one??? I dont care about legalities at the moment, but i want instructions on how to make a few. besides the pvc one further up this page.
Giving you the instructions to make them would be against the law also.

Edited by You Wont See Me
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 5:50pm

dangit

FyreFly View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FyreFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2005 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

Giving you the instructions to make them
would be against the law also.

That doesn't sound right. My bro bought a book on how to build a
silencer for an M16 and other 5.56mm rifles, he has it in his room right
now.

System X NME LE
WGP Orracle Cocker
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2005 at 11:14pm
Hmm. It is around here at least. Like telling someone to do something illegal is illegel.

This is kinda a sucky example but im tired. If you hire a hitman you still get arrested for the murder.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Arbites View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Soon to be Gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 8:55pm

You are describing two totally different situations.

Hiring a hit man is illegal because you are making a contract with someone to conduct a crime. As a result, you become an accessory or accomplice (I'm not sure which) and would be charged either as an accomplice or with conspiracy to commit murder.

Telling someone how to build something illegal, even selling a book to make money from it, is not illegal because of the first amendment: the right of free speech. There are many examples of book like that which cannot be classified as illegal, especially because they indicate no intent to use the weapons, nor a target for their use Iíve never read it and am not sure of the title.

The question then is just because something is legal, is it moral. The answer is clearly no as we cannot regulate morality. I live in a state that does not classify paintball markers as firearms and I own silencers for my pump paintball marker. While I do not think they work, I will also not provide directions on how I made them because in some states they may be considered to be illegal and thus would be immoral of me to share in an open thread like this and give people the impression that they are always legal without making them take the effort to check their own state laws to confirm it. And the laws are available on the internet, though some of our viewers seem to be completely unable to adequately perform internet searches even inside the confines of a simple forum.

A-5: 12" Ceramic, Egrip/WAS/Duel, HPA, MP5 sliding stock
SMG-68: 12" Ceramic
68-Specials(8): 12"&14" Ceramic, 12V Revy *** 1 Tip-n-Strip, 1 Blue, 1 FA w/Qloader
SL-68: 14" Ceramic
SMG-60 Ext. Line
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 9:30pm
I said it was a sucky example.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Tactical*Army View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tactical*Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 10:49pm
ive made one out of pvc pipe its like 4 inches around though if you know that the cough silencer for hunting thats kind of how you make it...it dosent completely silence it but it helps alot
The Oklahoma Tactical Army
poop on timmy's and all other so what they call "high end guns"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 11:55pm

Arbites, for some reason I get the sneaking suspicion that you're talking about the Anrt Ckbk (if you know what this means we're on the same page, otherwise "I don't know what you're talking about, what abbreviation?")

I don't want to spell it out because it'll show up in search engines directing types we don't want here. No body say it, please.

Edited by LordJovian
A-5
E-grip
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
FyreFly View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FyreFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2005 at 2:00am
I've got a better question!! Just because something is illegal, is it
immoral?   

System X NME LE
WGP Orracle Cocker
Stormcharger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormcharger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2005 at 2:34am

Originally posted by LordJovian LordJovian wrote:

Storm, you are however slightly wrong. The air pressure at sea level is 1 ATM, and 1 ATM is roughly equivalent to 14 psi. Just being picky.

Doh!

I was so busy making my point I missed that.  Thanks.  And don't worry about bieng picky, I'm quick to nit pick too.  Besides, now that you mention it, I think my slide rule is broken.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2005 at 8:55am
It happens to the best of us.
A-5
E-grip
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5