Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

paintball silencers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
tippynewb View Drop Down
Strike 1, because thou shall love all

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippynewb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: paintball silencers
    Posted: 08 May 2005 at 5:46pm
i was wondering if u could maybe make a silencer out of pvc pipe? couldn't u just drill holes and fit it over ur barrel and paint it?If anyone else has ideas post them below plz
stupidity should hurt
mode View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 5:56pm
it's illegal.

tippynewb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippynewb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 6:20pm
yea i meant a fake one sry

Edited by tippynewb
stupidity should hurt
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 6:31pm
They are only illegal if they are not approved and registered by the BATF
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 6:57pm
Most are illegal. I doubt you'd get a PVC pipe silencer passed.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
antman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 7:57pm

search 4 silencrs i have a topic on them!!

tippynewb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippynewb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 9:07pm

i meant just make a fake one for looks. is that illegal?

stupidity should hurt
Whitelightinin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitelightinin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 9:29pm
well you know, my friend his dad is a reall salty player, he's been playing since nelspots, and we were playing a rec game once and he and his buddy have these ancienct but hihg end pump guns, they whip out there silencers and us ehtem, it sounds like it does in the movies.  The refs didn't give them any pr oblems and they were really quiet (not that it mattered because they were so big everyone saw them) These guys are relaly good they are some really great paintballers that were unstoppable, and they used the silencers, so I don't mean to sound like a dumb noob but they were using them so they might not be illegal in certain areas
www.pbsureshot.com my cousin will beet or t ie any price!
NascarKevin24 View Drop Down
Can’t Stop Swearing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NascarKevin24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 9:32pm
use a piece of rubber tubing and cover just the end like 4 inches of the barrel
A-5 Command View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 Command Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 9:33pm

he said fake 3 posts ago...

not as long as it doest work it wont be illegal

A-5
Flatline
E-Grip
Tapco T-6 stock
JCS Duel Trigger
JCS Universal BiPod
Core Remote
88ci/4500psi Crossfire
R-5 Hopper
Apex Barrel
Hot Shot red dot
Lapco offset
Spec Ops A5-A2 grip
gt 5.0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt 5.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 11:24pm

http://www.awcsystech.com/civiliansales.html check out this site, it clearly states that suppressors are legal in most states,

Psyrecx View Drop Down
Follows in HondaXR’s footsteps...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psyrecx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 11:59pm

Yea, I've found many online companies selling suppressors. I was shopping around for a new handgun and one of the only places you can buy them requires you to order one of their suppressors with it.

Read the "Buying Suppressor Info" it will tell you where they are legal and how to aquire them

http://www.lauerweaponry.com/index.cfm?Category=160&Subc at=Carbon%20Fiber%20P22

They also carry some nice gun paint if you need any.

Edited by Psyrecx

This sig is brought to you by Psyrecx, thanks to D-Town Balla.
Jonsblckhwk View Drop Down

Strike 1 Though he was original and cute

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonsblckhwk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 12:08am
its only illegal if you get caught so where can someone get a real silencer for the A5???
Bilal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 7:17am
    why is it illagle if its on a paintball gun???
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 8:17am
Because it can be adopted to a firearm.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Stormcharger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormcharger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Psyrecx Psyrecx wrote:

Yea, I've found many online companies selling suppressors. I was shopping around for a new handgun and one of the only places you can buy them requires you to order one of their suppressors with it.

Read the "Buying Suppressor Info" it will tell you where they are legal and how to aquire them

http://www.lauerweaponry.com/index.cfm?Category=160&Subc at=Carbon%20Fiber%20P22

They also carry some nice gun paint if you need any.

What, this again???

OK, one more time for those who have not been paying attention.

Silencers and suppressors are illegal if they reduce the sound of a firearm by mre than half AND if they can be adapted for use on a firearm.  This means that even though a paintball gun is not a firearm, some silencers\suppressors can be made that will work on a real firearm.  You can however legally own a silencer.  It requres that detailed plans or sample be sent to the ATF for inspection and approval and if approved a $200 tax be paid for each item.  You can avoid the $200 tax if your design can be shown to be unuseable on a real firearm, but it still need to go the ATF for approval and certification.  Your local law enforcement will be unlikely to know the difference between a real silencer and a fake one, so you will need some sort of official documentation to avoid siezure and/or a ticket.

Now, given the amount of hassel, do you really NEED a silencer for your paintball gun?   

Unicorn View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unicorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 2:21pm
If it's just a piece of plastic tubing stuck over the endo f your barrel, you could probably show any cop that it's fake.

And again, they are federally restricted by the BATF, and there are also state laws. For those that want to argue it, you have internet access. Go to the BATF's website and read their FAQ. They have an answer there. If you think they are stupid, call and ask them, spend some money on getting a lawyers opinion, and if you still don't agree that they are illegal, put up or shut up. By that I mean, become a test case. Make or buy one, and get arrested for having/using it. Go through the court prodeceedings, and the appeals. After you bankrupt yourself, you might have the regs changed. Good luck with that.
tippynewb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippynewb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 10:50pm

can u just use one for looks like the big machine gun ends? i tried and it didn't change the sound at all

stupidity should hurt
Jonsblckhwk View Drop Down

Strike 1 Though he was original and cute

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonsblckhwk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 11:47pm

ok you are not getting it...

regardless of the reprocussions what if someone wanted one???

i know its hard to beleive but not everybody follows EVERY law

Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 11:48pm
I'd go ahead and try it, it looks cool sometimes, and does its job, but adds a lot of weight.  I used one on my sl-68 II before, and it works great, especially since the stock barrel has no porting at all.  It's up to you if you want to risk getting caught, just to make your gun a little bit quieter though.
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic