Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Polishing Internals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zippoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Polishing Internals
    Posted: 07 May 2005 at 12:45pm
 I want to polish the internals on one and do some other mods is this something I can do and How would I go about doing so??????Thanks for the help in advance.I 've got an extra 98 Custom I'm wanting to modify and Paint!!!!!!

Stock Custom Pro E
Halo TSA LCD Backman
11" Stock Werks Barrel
pbdude985 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbdude985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2005 at 1:27pm
go to www.model98.net and it will answer all your questions
SeaWolf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Doesn’t know who Big Al is...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2005 at 1:30pm
basically you just need a dremel and some polishing bits. Don't take too much alumnium off if you use something coarse... Steel wool seems to get messy, and it makes your fingers black

sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2005 at 1:55pm
www.model98.net has a step-by-step walkthrough on how to do it. You just need a Dremel and something to polish with.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2005 at 5:07pm
I did it with steel wool. It worked great. Your going to want to get some metal polish too.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2005 at 11:03pm
I did mine with steel wool aswell. It turned out good. But it really killed these weak arms of mine.
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

Dozer_Da_Punk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer_Da_Punk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 12:51am
Useing steel wool or any other method of scraping the paint off can destroy your marker. The best way to go is to get a paint remover and use it on a rag with the areas you dont want to get covered up with painters tap. This will insure that you wont take too much metal off because you wont take any off at all.

¤ŦĨPPMAŇŇ Ā-5¤
Mr. Heckler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Heckler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 8:36am

I have heard alot about these "polished internals". What exactaly to they do?

The Tippmann Forums.....My Anti-Drug.

-98Custom
-Flatline
-6-Position Collapsible Stock
-32 Degrees Remote Hose
-Crossman Red Dot
Unicorn View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unicorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 12:37pm
If you use 0000 steel wool, it's pretty hard to remove much aluminum at all. It will clog, and you will end up using a ton of the stuff, plus the effort involved.

Polished internals are polishing or smoothing up the inside of your guns receiver. Smooth surfaces slide against other surfaces better then rough ones, so you are reducing friction. Don't try to remove all the rough areas in the receiver since that would be removing a tone of aluminum, and be pretty pointless anyway. You are just trying to eliminate the highest spots.
INV8ER View Drop Down
2 strikes for language. 4/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INV8ER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 3:19pm
I used sand paper, and it worked really well !!!!
x-mo-x View Drop Down
strike 3, language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x-mo-x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 3:26pm
Just do a search and you find all you need to do that mod and lots more !!!!(plz do a search!!)
Eyes up this one's for you!!! Brought to you by the Canadian Guy!!!
Zippoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 1:08pm
    I went on www.model98.net but I used steel wool anyway.I didn't take of much but boy i could tell a big differance in accuracy aswell as a smother operation.All my guns are done now.Now I'm haveing trouble chopping with my New Custom Pro E.I think its my hopper is to fast.Thanks for all the info

Stock Custom Pro E
Halo TSA LCD Backman
11" Stock Werks Barrel
gumball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gumball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 1:15pm

well tippmann advises not to polish the internals as the little detents hold the oil and that makes a smoother suface. so it is a waste of time according to them.

if it moves it becomes a target.

Tippmann A5
E-grip
smartparts all american

hpa fund: £12.50/150
Zippoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 1:26pm
    Yeah but if your gun or anyones has black paint in it like my did from the factory that can't be good so and its not like we are smoothing all the dentents out.Just polishing want take them out unless you really grind down on the receivers.I'll take my chances on it being ok cause I know the detents where still there when I put it back together.

Stock Custom Pro E
Halo TSA LCD Backman
11" Stock Werks Barrel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic