Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Help FAST!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
**trai** View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **trai** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Help FAST!
    Posted: 07 May 2005 at 9:38am
i have a question, is the JT stainless steel barrel for the model 98 custom good? pleasse reply, don't have much time!!! Oh yeah, and what bore size (.688 or .690)????

Edited by **trai**
HeadHunter59 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dial down the center!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadHunter59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2005 at 9:55am
Dont bother with JT barrel.. You'll want something better then that.. I would look into getting J&J or Lapco for the price range.. even evil driver barrel.
**trai** View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **trai** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2005 at 10:00am
thanks, is the crossfire fixed N2 tank 47 ci 3000 psi good?
HeadHunter59 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dial down the center!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadHunter59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2005 at 10:02am

Well whats your price range for hpa tanks.. Cause you wont find many new carbon fiber tanks anymore.. Due to govermnet needing the Carbon fiber for war.

Now if you want carbon fiber(alot lighter then the steal your looking at) GO check out pbnation..

But you'll only get about 700shots of that size tank if i remeber right.

But yeah its good starter size tank. Crossfire is best.

You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2005 at 10:28am
Try 470 shots ^^
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
**trai** View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **trai** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2005 at 2:16pm
for the J&J ceramic, what size shold i get? (i play mid and if a back gets out, i sometimes take their place and if a front gets out i take their place. so which size?)
KoolKidsKlan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has a gerbil fetish and likes 2 share it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KoolKidsKlan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2005 at 3:01pm
i would say. 14" for middle. and when your in back it will be preyty good too. in front it would be alright but perfect for middle.

You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2005 at 4:03pm
since you play alot of positions go with 10 or 12 depending on whether you seem to go front or back more.

If you play back more get 12",
Front more...10"

All barrel lengths perform the same.

14"=sux0rz for front players. You can't get into bunkers tight and that leads into getting out very quickly.

Edited by You Wont See Me
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2005 at 5:37pm

The 14 inch is a bit long , even for scenario/Recball playing , I'd go with YWSM's suggestions for barrel length .

As far as the JT being a good barrel , I think its great , I have Two of them in Stainless , one with the 14" front , and one with the 10" front . I also have a CP 12" on a Fenix , and the Berzerker barrel kit , along with the stock barrels for all the markers I've gotten .

I believe the biggest factor for ANY decent barrel (JT , J&J , Lapco , Etc,,) is the paint to bore match for performance , once you get a good match to the paint you shoot , almost any quality barrel will perform consistently well .

**Trai** , Welcome to the forum , and remember to have fun , thats what its about .

Edit : I shoot the .688" bore in all my markers , that matches the paint that I shoot , RPS aqua field paint .

Edited by Shadowminion
SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
**trai** View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **trai** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 8:34pm
yeah thanks, i am working over the summer and i was gonna buy the ebolt and nitrous. I have the 32*'s terminator barrel and it is good, but every now and then (1-20 shots) it doesn't go strait. It either goes up or right or left and that suks when i am shooting at someone. Thanks and i will probably have more questions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic