Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Book banning in Alabama

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
Author
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 3:27pm

It's a conspiracy, Hades.  Don't tell the kids about STDs, don't talk about homosexuality.  Then the young homos figure "well, we're not gonna get pregnant, so no need to use condoms."

Then, when (surprise surprise) the homosexuals have higher rates of STDs, the powers can point to that as justification for why homosexuality is bad and shouldn't be taught in school.

Genius, really.

Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 3:40pm
I think if it was put in a class along with safe hetero sex it would be fine...
But if they make a specific class/lecture about "Safe Homosexual Sex," it sounds more like they're singling out homosexuals and that could cause problems.
I would write a more thorough post, but I have to be to work in a few minutes...
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 4:10pm
if we dont tell homo sexuals about condoms and such "evolution" will take care of getting rid of them
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

if we dont tell homo sexuals about condoms and such "evolution" will take care of getting rid of them

I can't believe it; I really can't. I told myself, "Gosh, I bet that if I were to go look into that thread at usafpilot07's post, then I'd come out thinking, 'What an idiot!'" And, my, was I right!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

I can't believe it; I really can't. I told myself, "Gosh, I bet that if I were to go look into that thread at usafpilot07's post, then I'd come out thinking, 'What an idiot!'" And, my, was I right!

well thats not fair, your stereotyping me just because of my name

and yes, i realize thats sort of hypocritical
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 4:39pm
If it's based on the person, I don't think it counts as "stereotyping" anymore...
Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 4:39pm
Your name has nothing to do with it.
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 4:42pm

Its funny you used the word evolution, evolution and the like has nothing to do with homosexuality. How can homosexuality be passed on.. Homosexuals dont breed!
Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 4:44pm
No need to rub his idiocy in... oh wait, yes there is.
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 4:47pm
It boggles the mind.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 4:51pm

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Its funny you used the word evolution, evolution and the like has nothing to do with homosexuality. How can homosexuality be passed on.. Homosexuals dont breed!

At the risk of completely hijacking this thread...   This statement furthers a common misunderstanding of the nature of evolution.  Evolution can generate biological homosexuality just fine, and evolution can pass it on to future generations if it good for survival. 

EDIT - and, of course, your premise is wrong:  Plenty of homosexuals have children.  But that is irrelevant to the evolutionary point.

Edited by Clark Kent
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 4:58pm
I know this better than anyone. Dont lecture me on it. How can a trait like homosexuality be pased on for the good of a species? And i am fully aware that homosexuals have kids. Its not uncommon for a homosexual person to want a child. My dad is homosexual. He married my mom and fooled her for however long and father a child. Me, i dunno if that looks bad on him, or my mom, all i know is its kinda funny.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 5:21pm
too bad evolution has been proved wrong, at least, original spontaneous life has
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 5:23pm
No it hasnt been proved wrong. Absolutly nothing has been proved. No one knows how life began, unless you can show me exactly how the first living creature came to be, you havent shows me anything.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

It's a conspiracy, Hades.  Don't tell the kids about STDs, don't talk about homosexuality.  Then the young homos figure "well, we're not gonna get pregnant, so no need to use condoms."

Then, when (surprise surprise) the homosexuals have higher rates of STDs, the powers can point to that as justification for why homosexuality is bad and shouldn't be taught in school.

Genius, really.

Ha . . .Ha . . .

My point is that there is no safe way to teach homosexual sex ed in a classroom full of teenagers.

Maybe you havent been in high school latley but its FULL of immature twits.  We had a play for the laramie (sp?) project, its mentioned in the article on the first page.  Half the kids were either laughing, mocking the play or doing other stupid stuff to show their dislike of the play.  Heck, a group of our resident emo/punk kids ran up the stairs screaming how they hate homosexuals.  For those of you that have seen the play, when they show the protesters with the signs (I wont go into what they say, not forum appropriate) the majority of the kids cheered and clapped at them like they were funny.

Imagine a unit on homosexual sex ed.  The one or two or few homosexuals in the room are going to feel very akward and after the lesson the tools are going to give them hell.  Also, every kid in the school knows who is homosexual and who is not, you cant try and hide it.  You cant take them to a seperate room because that means more hell for them.  I suppose you could try and intergrate the two carefully so it never focuses on homosexual safe sex or heterosexual safe sex but it would make getting the message across difficult.

I'm sorry, I just dont see how your going to do it without more problems.  You can think all the happy thoughts you want but I cant see a room with a group of ignorent teens making it through that unit without humilating the few homosexuals there.
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 5:33pm

No it hasnt been proved wrong. Absolutly nothing has been proved. No one knows how life began, unless you can show me exactly how the first living creature came to be, you havent shows me anything.

yes it has...because for biogenesis(evolution) to occur, life HAS TO come from life...therefore, the six original elements in the atmosphere could not have formed into bacteria.  Redi proved this in the 1700's.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 5:38pm
You are going to quote a theologian from the 1700s, you havent proved anything.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 5:40pm

I know this better than anyone. Dont lecture me on it. How can a trait like homosexuality be pased on for the good of a species?

No lecture intended...  

But I will answer your question, by easier parallel:  Altruism.

Let's say an animal species has this feature:  Whenever danger threatens, all the young males encircle the tribe and engage in suicidal attacks on the enemy.  This leads to very high death rate among young males - in fact, those males with lots of this trait are more likely to die.  How can evolution create or permit a trait that INCREASES early deaths?

Simple - evolution isn't about the survival of one entity.  Evolution is about the survival of the gene pool.  If the death of the individual is good for the tribe (aka gene pool), then that trait is an evolutionary positive, even though the trait increases the likelihood of death of the individual.

Similarly, even though homosexuality decreases effective fertility of the individual, if homosexuality has other benefits for the gene pool that increases OVERALL fertility and survival, it ends up being an evolutionary positive.  What are these other benefits for the gene pool?  I have no idea.  But just because homosexuals don't have (a lot of) children, doesn't mean that they are an evolutionary negative.

Evolutionary value of traits cannot be evaluated in terms of effects on the individual.  Evolution is not an individual concept.

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 5:40pm

You are going to quote a theologian from the 1700s, you havent proved anything.

As much as I dissagree with usfa on what he said, in all fairness GS cited his beloved book a hundread times without sharing a tidbit of info from it
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 5:41pm

yes it has...because for biogenesis(evolution) to occur, life HAS TO come from life...therefore, the six original elements in the atmosphere could not have formed into bacteria.  Redi proved this in the 1700's.

What DiBi said.  Check in with the 20th Century.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
  Share Topic