Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Disliked Companies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
T_woodsballer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_woodsballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2005 at 7:19pm

Sounds like most pepole don't like kingmans/spyders but not to the extreme I don't. On my field pepole around here are nothing but tippmanns and occansionaly spyders and most the time pepole just unload on them they consider spyder the devil of paintball I agree to, but they do alright when they work.

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2005 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

1. Brass Eagle- Everyone will back me up on this one.  I don't like Brass Eagle because instead of fixing the problem, they spend the money to fight lawsuits.  Also their products are crap.

I dont agree with this one at all. Brass eagle doesnt make crap. They make low end entry gear that is ideal for people who want to get into the game to try it out and not spend a ton of money. I started off with brass eagle markers, and am pretty glad that I did. You can't expect their products to stack up to these fancy painthoses that are produced for tournament players now. Brass eagle is VERY good at what they do, which is, as I mentioned, providing tentative players with an affordable starting option.   

A-5 08 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

The mob rules!!! Get the pitchforks!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2005 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

1. Brass Eagle- Everyone will back me up on this one.  I don't like Brass Eagle because instead of fixing the problem, they spend the money to fight lawsuits.  Also their products are crap.

I dont agree with this one at all. Brass eagle doesnt make crap. They make low end entry gear that is ideal for people who want to get into the game to try it out and not spend a ton of money. I started off with brass eagle markers, and am pretty glad that I did. You can't expect their products to stack up to these fancy painthoses that are produced for tournament players now. Brass eagle is VERY good at what they do, which is, as I mentioned, providing tentative players with an affordable starting option.   

^^^ reb is right, my first gun was a blade, then i purchased an avenger, then my a-5, then my minimag, all i still have, all still work

PLus it isn't just brass eagle, brass eagle is part of a larger corperation refered to now as K2 companies, Brass eagle, JT, WGP, etc. so good things come out of the same place

plus if there wasn't brass eagle there would be viewloader things which mean no revvy's and no eggs

so two of the most popular hoppers would not be around, plus their co2 tanks (being made out of steel) last FOREVER
Kpoofs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike1, filter dodge 8-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kpoofs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 1:50am
i dont like viewloader guns, their hoppers are great..i juyts dislike their guns i also hate ben tippmann...i dont really know anything about them
I Have a B2K and a 98c.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 8:14am
eh, ive NEVER had a problem with my spyder, even tho i use my angel now, they aren't as finicky as people like to say, so you cant bash them on the ground or run it over like i can my tippy, SO WHAT!

and the ariakon toro doesnt make a bad back up for the price
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Liquid3 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bigots & Bibles ROCK MY WORLD!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 8:36am
I'm going to agree with County  and Reb on this one. I also do like the Ion quite a bit. The whole trend of more marker for less money and more competition instead of lawsuits, should bring down prices some. I though some of the stuff was and is being priced right out of the market. Entry level,on the other hand, is just that. If all that was available was what most of us have now for guns. Would we have even started playing. No, most of us would have said you're kidding me? I can't even start to afford that. 
Trogdor2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trogdor2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 12:58pm
I agree with Armotech just because their stuff doesn't work well and is insanely expensive.  I hate SP for their bussiness tactics, but their guns are good.  Brass Eagle isn't so bad if you're a total begginer and just trying out the sport.  DYE makes incredible products, but you're right; they are insanely overpriced.
Something unknown is doing we don't know what. That is what our knowledge amounts to. - Sir Arthur Eddington
Ariakon_Eagle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ariakon_Eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 1:33pm
Armotech and Ariakon are too different companies. Ariakon doesnt produce the Zues. The Armotech WG models known as Generation I had a lot of problems but now have pretty much fixed them. Armotech didnt make the speedball guns, their sister company Speedball Inc(or a similar name) made them. Ariakon never made any either, but distributed the Nemisis(which is made by CY paintball I believe) and Ariakon just believed it was a great gun. Too milsim players, Armotech and Ariakon are the best milsim markers out there and are top of the line items. You cant dis it, till you know it.
You call the Eagle, Eagle does the rest.
A-5 Command View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 Command Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 3:04pm

armotech was changed to ariakon

pluss if u just go with a tippmann u can make em look as well or better then their markers, and dont forget their super reialability and performence.

A-5
Flatline
E-Grip
Tapco T-6 stock
JCS Duel Trigger
JCS Universal BiPod
Core Remote
88ci/4500psi Crossfire
R-5 Hopper
Apex Barrel
Hot Shot red dot
Lapco offset
Spec Ops A5-A2 grip
Rio258K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rio258K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 5:58pm
I would take SP off the list (Guess Why?)

Also, I would add System X, Extreme Rage, and Psycho Ballistics. I have had nothing but bad experience with all of them.

Resident SP fan rockin the Shocker.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 6:00pm
Armotech was not changed to Ariakon. They are two seperate companies, which split from a partnership of sorts due to legal issues.

Armotech makes some damned good looking markers; the new WG-65+ and WG-47 which are due out soon are undoubtedly the most visually accurate M4 and AK47 MilSims out there (I'm disregarding cRap-4, as their products are junk). They also eprform very well.

Ariakon has recently released two excellent pistols that up the bar int erms of performance, and their Sim-4 and Sim-5 lines continue to be popular, with more upgrades and customizations coming out all the time- and, importantly, stock barrels that are actually damned good. No aftermarket barrel required, which saves money right there.

The prices on these are a bit mroe expensive, but they are the crème de la crème of MilSim- compare those prices to the high end Speedball markers, and tell me where money's being wasted...
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
heavymetal99 View Drop Down

Guested for F-bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavymetal99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 6:31pm

I dont have a big problem with smart parts, there guns are ove though. But wtf is with dye. All of there products are way overpriced. Damn it's like $185 for a titanium boomstick. I did hear that WGP sold out to Brass Eagle. Is that true.

Rio258K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rio258K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 6:55pm
yep. They are now owned by K2 Inc. which owns WGP, BE, JT, and other companies. They are the new big conglomerate.......

Resident SP fan rockin the Shocker.
A-5 08 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 8:47pm
^^^didi not already mention that

I don't hate paintball companies period, heck its paintball stuff.

I dislike some things about some companies. FOr example i think that such things a GTA expansion chambers are overpriced and of lower quality.

I don't like some things that some companies produce. THough if you lable not liking a company based on one thing, well then you are judging a book by its cover.

DYE, is a bit procy but you can always guarentee that their gear and stuff is quality.

Psyrecx View Drop Down
Follows in HondaXR’s footsteps...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psyrecx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2005 at 12:32am

4. Armotech/ Ariakon- Pretty bulky pricetag.  The mil sim models where actual gun weight (heavy).  The Zeuses where really nice but their attempts at a speedball marker didn't turn out to good. 

I definatly think you're wrong when it comes to Armotech. Have you ever tried building your own Mil-Sim... You'll end up spending around the same if not more.

Edited by Psyrecx

This sig is brought to you by Psyrecx, thanks to D-Town Balla.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2005 at 7:27am
I had a rotten expierence with armotech markers. My brother and I won one at the West point game last year. Tooled around with it in the yard a few times before we even had a chance to take it in the field, you know, put it through it paces to see how it works. Well, before its first game, It started leaking like an SOB. I fixed the leak, but now it doesnt get air through it. I've torn the thing down, all the seals are fine, I replaced them all, nothings busted, it just doesnt work. I have deemed it a piece of crap.

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2005 at 4:24pm
Ariakon's service is awesome though, when i had a overlord something was wrong internally, called them up, sent it to them, they sent me a NEW one, and repaid me for the shipping cost

Edited by usafpilot07
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
INV8ER View Drop Down
2 strikes for language. 4/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INV8ER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2005 at 5:16pm
32 Degrees a couple years ago, I bought a 32 Degrees "Defender" and it broke the second I first shot it.  I tried emailing them many times, and got nothing back.  And I was out 200 something bucks because of that.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2005 at 5:26pm

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Ariakon's service is awesome though, when i had a overlord something was wrong internally, called them up, sent it to them, they sent me a NEW one, and repaid me for the shipping cost

Wow, they covered your shipping, even? First I've heard of a company doing that.

"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
A-5 08 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2005 at 5:29pm
hmm i say that wal-mart paintball stuf sucks, that is one thing i can yeild to, anything MADE by wal-mart and sold for the sport of paintball is probably pretty lousy...

plus one of my best friends uncle was the head accountant for TARGET
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic