FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rebís New Language policy.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rebís New Language policy.
    Posted: 29 April 2005 at 8:07am

KRL once told me that **** is swearing, don't do it.

So, from now on, I think that when I see the following things:

or **edited**

OR anything similar.

you are being given a strike. And, as per usual, three of them mean you go bye bye.

I really don't give a flying rats tail end anymore.

ANY posts after 4/30 that feature edited or filtered words are now strikable.

Stupid rule? Maybe. But I'm so very sick of childish arguments being supplimented by something like "you're a ******* idiot"

It's over with. There are several of you who won't make it more than a week unless you clean up.

The intent and attempt to swear is just as bad as swearing. Cry and wine and complain about it, but I've had enough of this crappy use of language.

Edited by Reb Cpl

reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 8:25am
That's pretty clear cut. Now, who is going to whine and try and bend it?

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 10:07am

Originally posted by Dazed Dazed wrote:

Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Full circle?

Looks like it. Amazing how that happens, isn't it?

Now if someone would crack down on the sigs and avatars. I''ve seen 200k Avatars and 700k sigs lately.

Im working on it. One step at a time.

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Okay so despite the forums ability to edit the words, even the editted parts are strikable? Yes. Just because the forum has a filter, doesnt make it necessary or even right to use it. Its a crappy filter anyway.

I am not complaining just trying to clarify.

What happens if a member uses something to the effect of

!!!Edited!!!, :::Edited:::, <edited> Same idea. If I can tell what the intent is, its strike city for the offender.

Is it up to the descreation of the moderaters to use their jugdment in finguring out if <edited> was in reference to a swear word, or if the post was altered after it was posted? Again, yes. Theres usually no question as to how <edited> was meant to be used. Either swearing or fixing a post. One can usually tell just be looking at it.  

What about the censored smiley? Theres little I can do about that. Use it, I don't really care. But uses such as "ing idiot" wont be accepted.

I am not trying to cause a problem just trying to prevent future whine fests or at least have a more clarified guideline. Understandable, I appreciate the comments.

I apreciate the time and effort the moderators put forth on the behalf of the forum. Speaking for all, we thank you.

Edited by Reb Cpl

-ProDigY- View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 4/20 faliure to follow sig rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ProDigY- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 3:48pm
Can we still use the unedited words such as ass? or piss?
/Genuinely curious.
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 8:25pm
Obviously he will look at the context and dispense justice accordingly. He isn't stupid.

clownshooter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Checking your underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clownshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2005 at 6:23am
Good post Reb. A good way to determine if a word is acceptable or not is if you have to ask that question then you should probably not use it.  BTW Reb, What would old Stonewall Jackson do with all these cadets?
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2005 at 7:10pm
Who needs curse words anyway?  Some spine tingling sarcasm is far better anyhoo. 
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 1:20pm
What about saying "WTF". I think that should be included.

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 1:26pm

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

I think I might add that too. I havent decided yet.

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 2:55pm
<sigh>

if you dont like his new rules, then go to pbnation, or some where else, and go whine up there forums.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 1:26pm
Its not that the Mods "HAVE" to force us into these strict rules, its that we could do with out any rules if we would act like civilized people.  
Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 4:13pm

Wow,, this forum never ceases to amaze me .

A Moderator announces he is going to enforce the rules already in place , and a Stir develops because of it .

On a side note , if you cant insult somebody without using Curse words and such , you really ought to go back to school and pay attention in class . Intellectually , and emotionally , this forum has been inhabited by 14 year old imbecile reprobates for too long . Good work Reb . And good luck !!

I left this forum about 6 months ago , occasionally returning to lurk and post in a genuine legitimate post (If I can find them) . I'd ban some on their first strike R.C. , why prolong the agony of subjecting the forumers to continued stupidity ? IP ban would be a good thing , strikes just cause the offenders to create another screen-name .

SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 7:30am
What if someone tries to say the alternate word for homosexual?

It appears as **edited**.

_TT_ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Be Afraid. Be Very Afraid.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _TT_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 11:50am
As long as it is in a context were it isnt being used as an insult it is allowable.
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

you've gotta be kidding me, that's a way of showing anger verbally.
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by bluemunky42 bluemunky42 wrote:

you've gotta be kidding me, that's a way of showing anger verbally.

So is . . . all vulgarity.

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2005 at 12:11am

And thus the circle would be complete.

CarbineKid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarbineKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 12:13am
Heres a message KRL15 sent me on 5/11/04 in reguards to a post I made in haste. I hope it helps clear up any problems. Remember think twice, post once.

Howdy!

Please, speak like a GENTLEMAN in public around here.

No variation of the "F" or "S" Words will be tolerated.

"WTF" ".... "Fugly" or "MoFo" are not allowed, either...

Best Regards,

Karl

Edited by CarbineKid
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... Iím cominí ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 4:33pm
KRL is my hero.  Reb, you need to enforce this more man.  People are not taking you seriously AT ALL.  You've laid down the law, but no one's following it.  Start handing out the strikes and then maybe they'll shut up.  Good luck with this Reb, because it is a hard task to handle pretty much by yourself (with help from enos is you talk to him about it).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic