Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ESRB Rating System

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
soonerdude05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soonerdude05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ESRB Rating System
    Posted: 28 April 2005 at 5:43pm
Who else thinks the ESRB rating system is messed up?  Look at LotR Two Towers game.  Rated Teen for blood and violence.  Socom II is rated Mature for blood and violence.  Anyone else think this is messed up?  Why rate games different if they contain the same content?
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 5:44pm
Socom shows blood squirting out of the neck. LOTR doesn't show blood. It just shows violence.
Que pasa?

Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 5:45pm

Lord of the Rings is fictional blood and violence, and there is more of it.

Socom2 is realistic blood and violence, and there is more of it.

Edited by Tae Kwon Do

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 5:45pm
lotr is a "Family" type game, and where socom uses fire arms it encourages you to kill type thing.
For Honor View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 strike, stupid sexual slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote For Honor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 5:46pm
LOTR sux so it really doesnt matter
rockerdoode View Drop Down

one strike, flaming 7/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerdoode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 5:48pm

okay, im going to make this really simple.

Lord of the Rings: You're killing orcs, goblins, whatever the hell is in that game.

SOCOM2: You're killing people.

Orcs, goblins, and other fake stuff isn't the same as putting a scope on a digital re-animation of a person's head and simulating a kill...those are two completly different things, and that is also why it is rated mature, because its people like you who aren't mature enough to understand that.

*NOTE*  Im not an "anti-shooting games" person.  If fact, i like to play those games, its a great way to relieve stress, or to just have fun.  But you know what im talking about if someone can't tell the difference between middle-earth and the navy seals.

"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 5:48pm
wow 3 posts in like 5 sec.   New record?
Ilovepaintball1 View Drop Down
Guested. Trouble maker.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilovepaintball1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 7:23pm
Who cares?  It doesn't really matter these days.  Parents will buy their kids anything.

Props to my Dogg BLAND
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic