Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So how do you like your President now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Bolt3 View Drop Down
What?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 11:43am
Originally posted by PB MISFIT PB MISFIT wrote:

Bolt3: Bush is the President of the United States. Not the world.

Trogdor2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trogdor2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Bolt3 Bolt3 wrote:

Originally posted by PB MISFIT PB MISFIT wrote:

Bolt3: Bush is the President of the United States. Not the world.

LEIK ZOMG!1!
Something unknown is doing we don't know what. That is what our knowledge amounts to. - Sir Arthur Eddington
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 12:06pm

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

It would be like being forced to buy a car without an inspection or test drive and not being allowed to return it if customer was not satisfied.

Not sure it compares.  A test drive is just that - a TEST drive.  When you have seen the movie, you are done with it (mostly).  When you have a copy of the song on your HD, you have the entire product.

If we were talking about downloading previews or clips, then I agree.  But as it stands, the better analogy is that you take the car, and then if you like it you pay, but you keep the car regardless.

BUT - that being said, I do think that this type of thing, unless done on an organized level, should not be criminalized.  I kind of like our current (or last week's) system.  I do believe there is some moral difference between stealing a car and minor downloading - stealing the car is an actual direct loss of inventory that must be replaced.  The occasional download only represents lost opportunity, generally speaking. 

PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 12:43pm
How come we can have a debate about downloading music illegally, but not about legalizing marijuana? Both are illegal.

Don't mean to change the topic or anything, but I just realized this while reading this whole thread.

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 1:03pm
Good point, plenti...
Thor View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Mr. Pink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 1:53pm
yeah! i love being in canada....so much better than the states!

i think i'll watch hitchikers guide to the galaxy on my laptop now....
A second class drive is always better than a first class walk.

Bolt3 View Drop Down
What?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Haha, funny.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 3:41pm
Thanks to Hades and Clark for some excellent points and some goo thought provoking material.
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 4:07pm
I say, that is the risk people take for providing a "product" wich is only sound. As far as im concerned, if you want to get rich, provide a service, soap, internet, cars, textiles, watever. But if you become an entertainer, you get rich, then you comlain about people getting your music online, quit complaining, your rich anyway, i think when they complain about people getting things off the internet, its just GREED! Is britney spears hurting for money? Is metalica strapped for cash? Is 50 cent having trouble making payments on his 50,000+ hummer? If he is, tough buy an accord like the rest of america if you are so concerned about your bottom line. Its GREED.
paintballman_13 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballman_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Thank you for reminding me about that one.
Bugg View Drop Down
One screw up and all screen names go

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 5:05pm
No bolt, you didn't read your other post where you did say it was a waste of time.

You said he has more important things to worry about and not sign a paper that states that law. then you said he should have used 10 min

yes, contradictiory, look up the word, you might understand sometime
paintballman_13 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballman_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 5:07pm
Bugg do you have to argue about everything? So what he may have been wrong. Does it make you fell better that your superior to someone on an internet forum?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 5:43pm

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

...when they complain about people getting things off the internet, its just GREED! Is britney spears hurting for money? Is metalica strapped for cash? Is 50 cent having trouble making payments on his 50,000+ hummer? ... Its GREED.

Sure.  It's greed.  No discussion.  But you say that like it's a bad thing.  Greed is good.  Greed is the driving force behind a capitalist economy.  Without greed, this country would look like Russia, or worse.

Go greed.  Yay for greed!

Agent_Orange33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agent_Orange33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 5:51pm

HEIL BUSH! OUR NEW NAZI LEADER!

JK

Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

I say, that is the risk people take for providing a "product" wich is only sound. As far as im concerned, if you want to get rich, provide a service, soap, internet, cars, textiles, watever. But if you become an entertainer, you get rich, then you comlain about people getting your music online, quit complaining, your rich anyway, i think when they complain about people getting things off the internet, its just GREED! Is britney spears hurting for money? Is metalica strapped for cash? Is 50 cent having trouble making payments on his 50,000+ hummer? If he is, tough buy an accord like the rest of america if you are so concerned about your bottom line. Its GREED.

Most of them worked hard to get there. Just because they have money doesn't mean it should be taken away because somebody else doesn't. You are still stealing. Stealing from a rich person is no different than stealing from a bum besides how they are finiancially(sp). They are both illegal.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Agent_Orange33 Agent_Orange33 wrote:

HEIL BUSH! OUR NEW NAZI LEADER!

JK

Welcome to our forum - but dude, change your avatar.  You are confusing me.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 6:08pm
We download songs, and they get flamming kittens flying out their butts. They seem to forget we gave them their money, we boght their stupid CD, we paid 12 dollars for one good song and 11 other filler songs, and that stupid ass track with nothing on it, like they want to be witty or clever, screw them. If they put out a CD with good stuff on it, not one good song and 45 minutes of crap, i would support the band, but right now, thats not what happens. They rush a CD and put out in stores and hype it up, you pay 12 bucks for it, and get home, and its ass in the form of a plastic disk, im not paying for that, absolutely not.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 6:14pm

And you don't have to pay for that - simply stop buying the CDs!  That's easy enough.  But that doesn't give you moral justification fo stealing the songs you do like.

That's like saying you are entitled to stealing a Big Mac because you are on a low-carb diet, and McD wouldn't sell you the burger without the bread.  They can choose what to sell and at what price - you can choose to buy or not buy.

Capitalism.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 6:16pm
Thats what they get for spewing out crap, ile get the song from someone another party. Who paid for it, only ile get it for free.
Bolt3 View Drop Down
What?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Bugg Bugg wrote:

No bolt, you didn't read your other post where you did say it was a waste of time.

You said he has more important things to worry about and not sign a paper that states that law. then you said he should have used 10 min

yes, contradictiory, look up the word, you might understand sometime

Your taking what I said to literaly. What I was saying was merely theoretical, not factual.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic