FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So how do you like your President now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 8:38am

Originally posted by *Stealth* *Stealth* wrote:

Just dont keep the stuff in your shared files folder...

Simple.

Thats what i do.

Bolt3 View Drop Down
What?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 8:46am
Then they'd have to throw half of america's youth in jail.

Why the hell is Bush spending time on this bull**edited** when there are much more important issues?!

For example...

The death toll in Sudan is over 70, 000.

Iraqi civilian body counts are somewhere between 17, 000 and 19, 000, with an estimated 100, 000 or more yet to be found.

8, 000 people in Africa die of AIDS every day.

35, 000 children around the world die every day from preventable disease.

1, 751 soldiers have DIED fighting in Iraq.

An average of 2 soldiers per day are KILLED fighting in Iraq.

There have been 11, 888 soldiers wounded in Iraq since "Mission Accomplished."

The economy is the **edited**tiest its been since the great depression. High-paying high-skill jobs that were outsourced are mainly being replaced by low-skill low-paying jobs at McDonald's and Wal-Mart.

But hey, look at the bright side: they somehow managed to MAGICALLY increase output of oil, so the price has gone down! Nevermind that the USA still only has so many oil REFINERIES to turn that oil into gasoline... so GAS PRICES won't go down any time soon
Bugg View Drop Down
One screw up and all screen names go

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 8:51am
Ok, bolt, I didn't want to do this, but your arguement is going to be INCINERATED

Ok, Bush doesn't go into Sudan, becasue the world would be pissed that we are "invading" a new country. No matter what we thing, the world see s it different.

8,000 die in africa of aids: I don't see a white lab coat on Bush, do you? he can't just declare war on aids, can he? Whats he going to do, nuke it?

1,751 soldiers have died: yea, so, you want us to pull out before we finish so that their deaths are in vain?

An average of 2: ok, well an average of 15-20 insurgents a day die, i'm happy with htose ratios

Economy suck: dude, ask any economist and they will say the economy was going down for 10 eyars before bush came in, thats 2 years of old Bush, and 8 years, EIGHT years, of clinton

and dude, so you want oil prices higher? Bush talked to the saudies about the prices and they agreed to raise production, you're mad about that???

Now where's the fire extinguesher?
Bolt3 View Drop Down
What?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Bugg Bugg wrote:

Ok, bolt, I didn't want to do this, but your arguement is going to be INCINERATED

Ok, Bush doesn't go into Sudan, becasue the world would be pissed that we are "invading" a new country. No matter what we thing, the world see s it different.

8,000 die in africa of aids: I don't see a white lab coat on Bush, do you? he can't just declare war on aids, can he? Whats he going to do, nuke it?

1,751 soldiers have died: yea, so, you want us to pull out before we finish so that their deaths are in vain?

An average of 2: ok, well an average of 15-20 insurgents a day die, i'm happy with htose ratios

Economy suck: dude, ask any economist and they will say the economy was going down for 10 eyars before bush came in, thats 2 years of old Bush, and 8 years, EIGHT years, of clinton

and dude, so you want oil prices higher? Bush talked to the saudies about the prices and they agreed to raise production, you're mad about that???

Now where's the fire extinguesher?

Sources for the economy and 15-20 insurgents dieing a day?

Yeah ok...Good job "Incinerating" it. I was not suggesting doing anything to Sudan, I was showing that the world is far off worse than Bush and that he should not be worrying about how many movies for enjoyment are taken off the internet.

No matter how much oil is pumped out of the middle east and brought over here, gas prices won't decrease. AMERICA ONLY HAS SO MANY REFINERIES THAT MAKE OIL INTO GAS.

And could someone remind me why we are still in Iraq?
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 9:04am
Still see some smoldering

We're in Iraq becasue we pldged to stay there till its finished.

Don't like it? Tough, it's our duty to help the less fortunate.

True, we only have so many refineries, but what you don't get is that oil companies also increased production.

What i hate is that they made 8 billion in profits last year.. while raising price...

Like I said, he only veto's/ doesn't veto something, a quick signature is all it takes for laws to pass... get it?
Bolt3 View Drop Down
What?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 9:07am

Still see some smoldering

We're in Iraq becasue we pldged to stay there till its finished.

Don't like it? Tough, it's our duty to help the less fortunate.

True, we only have so many refineries, but what you don't get is that oil companies also increased production.

What i hate is that they made 8 billion in profits last year.. while raising price...

Like I said, he only veto's/ doesn't veto something, a quick signature is all it takes for laws to pass... get it?

Yeah, I get the whole veto system thing. I'm just saying he should actually read it next time.
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 9:33am
he could, but like you said, he has more important things to worry about
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 9:47am
You guys crack me up.
CHiKUN PiMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proudly picking on priests since 800 AD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHiKUN PiMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 9:55am
Alright, I'm caving. Until Bush is oot, I'm Canadian, eh.

O Canada!
    Our home and native land!
    True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
    The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,
    O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

Edited by CHiKUN PiMP
www.TexasPumpAndPistolGame.com
www.pettyPb.com

MCB:Chickun
Trogdor2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trogdor2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 10:02am
Bolt basicly pwned this argument.  Just give up now Bugg.
Something unknown is doing we don't know what. That is what our knowledge amounts to. - Sir Arthur Eddington
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 10:10am
Originally posted by MetallicaESPa5 MetallicaESPa5 wrote:

Screw that. Just make pot legal.

Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Trogdor2 Trogdor2 wrote:

Bolt basicly pwned this argument.  Just give up now Bugg.
LMFAO what topic were you reading? I "pwned" that arguement dude, he had no valid comebacks...

wow... just wow
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 10:21am
I am not saying the stealing is justified, but is throwing hundreds of thousands of teenagers into prison the solution to the problem?
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 10:24am
absolutly not hades, but, you can't blame it on Bush. Last i checked, congress came up with the bill. ANyone want to fine out whcih congressman made it? My bets on a dem, but still find out
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 10:30am
Not only do I blame the President, I blame all the members of Congress lining their pockets with the MPAA's contribution money to get such a retarded law passed.

Bush was the one that inked the paper putting it into law. At anyone point while the pen was scratching his John Hancock, he could have thought to himself, "Wait, this law isnt going to work and some teenager is going to be screwed by it. I had better stop signing it." There has been other bills that he has refused to sign so he could have thought more about this one.
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 10:33am
But hades, if he would ahve vetoed it, congress could have still passed it easily, so vetoing it would have wasted our taxes and time even more...
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 10:37am

Last i checked, congress came up with the bill. ANyone want to fine out whcih congressman made it? My bets on a dem, but still find out

How much money you forking over?

S.167
Title: A bill to provide for the protection of intellectual property rights, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Sen Hatch, Orrin G. [UT] (introduced 1/25/2005)      
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 10:38am
Better than wasting the time and money prosecuting a bunch of teenagers and paying for their prison terms and lawsuits.

Edited by Hades
Bolt3 View Drop Down
What?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 10:46am

he could, but like you said, he has more important things to worry about

Yep. Everything I said before are the "More things to worry about." My point EXACTLY.

You just owned yourself.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 11:04am
Quote Cnn article found here.

The bill gives legal protections to the fledgling filtering technology that helps parents automatically skip or mute sections of commercial movie DVDs. Bush signed it privately and without comment, White House press secretary Scott McClellan said.

The legislation came about because Hollywood studios and directors had sued to stop the manufacture and distribution of such electronic devices for DVD players. The movies' creators had argued that changing the content -- even when it is considered offensive -- would violate their copyrights.

The legislation, called the Family Entertainment and Copyright Act, creates an exemption in copyright laws to make sure companies selling filtering technology won't get sued out of existence.

Critics of the bill have argued it was aimed at helping ONE company, Utah-based ClearPlay Inc., whose technology is used in some DVD players. ClearPlay sells filters for hundreds of movies that can be added to such DVD players for $4.95 each month. Hollywood executives maintain that ClearPlay should pay them licensing fees for altering their creative efforts.

;;;Hades finds it interesting the Sponsor of this bill is also from the state, none other than, yup, you guessed it Utah. Fishy coinsidence?;;;

Unlike ClearPlay, some other companies produce edited DVD copies of popular movies and sell them directly to consumers.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic