Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CYCLONE FEED FOR 98!!! comes out in july!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2005 at 3:48pm
Forumers had the idea long before tippmann decided to release it but from what I hear, the prototype of the cyclone was made on the 98. Basically, they're just selling us something they've had around since before the A5 was released. They probably waited to release it so that the A5 would get more sales before people decided to just cyclone their 98's which is what people will be doing now. A few people have successfully done it anyway but now it'll be something available to everybody. A centerfeed with a fast hopper would work great but that's just not possible on the 98 without cutting part of the receiver half off. The hole is not directly on top of the gun so a ball can't fall straight down into the breech, it has to come from the side. That said, a cyclone feed is a great option. You can get a good 16 bps from it for probably only $50. It would be slightly bulky but you wouldn't need batteries. It has its good and bad qualities, you just have to decide for yourself whether it's worth it or not. I think it was a good idea.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2005 at 4:09pm
^ I like this guy

I can see where a cyclone would be junk IF you played front, or scout or whatever, but for the guys who just sit in the back lobbing paint, and dont really care How bulky our guns are, this is great news... NO MORE BATTERIES!

Edited by Panda Man
pballa123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Will now work & play well with others

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2005 at 4:09pm
maybe your right commsando. So maybe they will stll release amarker ands thats whythey are releasing the 98 cyclone. Theyre willing to take a sales drop on A-5s because they'll make afew bucks off the 98 cyclone, then release a new marker to make up for the A-5s sales drop. who knows?
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2005 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by pballa123 pballa123 wrote:

righhht.... thats nice and all but where teh hell is the real new tippmann marker?
It will be for sale around christmas time. If you had a pair of eyes and 2 braincells you could easily search and find the thread.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2005 at 10:48pm

Originally posted by mod98commando mod98commando wrote:

Forumers had the idea long before tippmann decided to release it but from what I hear, the prototype of the cyclone was made on the 98. Basically, they're just selling us something they've had around since before the A5 was released. They probably waited to release it so that the A5 would get more sales before people decided to just cyclone their 98's which is what people will be doing now. A few people have successfully done it anyway but now it'll be something available to everybody. A centerfeed with a fast hopper would work great but that's just not possible on the 98 without cutting part of the receiver half off. The hole is not directly on top of the gun so a ball can't fall straight down into the breech, it has to come from the side. That said, a cyclone feed is a great option. You can get a good 16 bps from it for probably only $50. It would be slightly bulky but you wouldn't need batteries. It has its good and bad qualities, you just have to decide for yourself whether it's worth it or not. I think it was a good idea.

Good point. I have officially changed my opinion on the 98C Cyclone idea.

sassoldier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sassoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2005 at 12:43am
I cant wait for the CF to come out, i was thinking of getting an A-5 with RT cuzz I thought well i wont need electro hopper, now im just going to pimp out my 98.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2005 at 1:02am
Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

yeah i still cant get it, will the 98 become a gas hog now?!!?!?

The 98 already is a gas hog.... and the cyclone, just like on the A5, runs on blowback gas, the stuff that's left over.
tayborg5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tayborg5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2005 at 1:07am

eh, im kinda sketchy on it. It seem to use to much gas, also on my old a-5, it messed up some.(had to manually pump it alot.) The way there building it for the 98 is surprisingly simple. I honestly didnt think it could be done near this easy. ( i wonder? what hopper whould go on it? the same as the a5? oooh, R-5???? k i think i like it now.

sassoldier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sassoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2005 at 10:45am
whered the R in R-5 come from lol?
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2005 at 3:26pm
^Ricochet
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2005 at 4:44pm
God, how many times do we have to say it, the cyclone or RT use no more gas than without them! It's extra blowback gas, its even been tested and they have the same exact efficiancy. Instead of that extra gas being vented out, its used for the cyclone or RT.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2005 at 7:22pm
Looks to me like tippmann is trying to phase out the "omgwtf milsim" a5, and take a step backwards to the less militaristic A5.

No suprise, i figured they would go tourney junk when they sold out.
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2005 at 7:23pm
Welcome back Enos. Good to see you here, you're the only mod that ever posts like a regular member anymore.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic