Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

problems with Ion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
flyingWjustin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingWjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: problems with Ion
    Posted: 22 April 2005 at 4:37pm
i was wondering if any one has heard of any problems with the Ion or have had any problems.
Asky26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asky26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 4:40pm
I haven't , but this is the wrong forum, you need a picture to post here

pbdude985 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbdude985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 4:58pm
ya wrong forum this is the marker gallery for pics of your gun bring this to new player or upgrades and customizing. now let the thread die.
meteora View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meteora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 6:01pm
the reg and barrel

GUN WHORE
XTC
P!NK panther View Drop Down
Strike 2 - vulgar material (2/2)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P!NK panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 8:52pm
i dont hear much ION talk. But i have to imagine some thing is crap on that gun. no pic no post
jacob_100 View Drop Down
I misbehaved too many times

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacob_100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 9:06pm

dont realy care,but thanks for asking.

-jake

Alot of people these days play speed-ball and have superspeed gun.If you are one of the few pump players left,put this as ur sig.

-Phantom
45* grip
t-stock
20 round center feed
12 gram changer
Pate View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ladyboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 9:35pm
Nothing at all for me.

It feels good to be a gangster
Silent Slayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silent Slayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 10:15pm
not a thing
a5 polished internals
flatline
custom aluminum foregrip
drop
e grip w/custom blade trigger
palmer stabalizer
71ci 4500psi dye throttle
dye invisions
vision impy
tapeworm
crossfire 88/45
EVO
jaked588 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaked588 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2005 at 12:23am
is it that hard to READ THE STICKIES
shmavistime View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmavistime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2005 at 8:20am
well i dont really think anybody would have problems with them yet since theyve only ben out for 3 months or whatever.
41(no joke) guns and counting
the .50 cal warrior
Balazs2 View Drop Down
1 language strike, 6/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balazs2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2005 at 8:59am
Well when they came out, they had leaking problems, but im sure that got fixed. They are cheap and they rip.
ScarFace22 View Drop Down
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 5:33pm

Whats not wrong with it.

The reg constantly leaks

Expect to blow hoses

expect constant leaks and other problems.

Check my thread in the Great guns thread for Timmy tech help or PM me
Ilovepaintball1 View Drop Down
Guested. Trouble maker.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilovepaintball1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2005 at 1:06am
I haven't heard much about the ion.  Just that its a good gun for its price.

Props to my Dogg BLAND
f@ll3n 5nip3r View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f@ll3n 5nip3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2005 at 8:36am
i hjavent seen any.....and with wut it has it almost has to be faster than 17 bps i want 1..........and a ram for my cocker
anti:
flatline
egg 2
fender guitars
cyclone
xbox live gamertag:fall3n 5nip3r
steam tag:fallen sniper
ADD ME!!!

"SO I bought an Angel, How the hell do I shoot it.." -jmac3
Bugg View Drop Down
One screw up and all screen names go

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2005 at 8:49am
Originally posted by ScarFace22 ScarFace22 wrote:

Whats not wrong with it.

The reg constantly leaks

Expect to blow hoses

expect constant leaks and other problems.

scar, again, you opinion doesn't matter until you've shot a couple of them becasue like I said, there will be a bad batch for every gu, even tippmanns....
ScarFace22 View Drop Down
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2005 at 3:57pm
And I have shot them in tourneys and practices. I highly doubt that its a coincidence that they were all a POS.

Check my thread in the Great guns thread for Timmy tech help or PM me
madmos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madmos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 1:02pm
I tried twice and had to return each one. First one had a faulty mode switch second had faulty power switch. Very cheap electronic components. This will haunt SP after these things have been around for 6 months to a year.
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 6:58pm
SP can be haunted? No offense, but it's not like they've been putting out high quality stuff in the past. Since the 4x4 Sport, things have gone down hill. Personally, I think the Ion is the best gun they have out right now, and it's deffinately worth the cash. You can set one up perfectly for about $450, and they're very fast, small, light, and accurate. The electronics seem to be their biggest problem, but no one I've heard of, other than madmos, has had more than 1 bad switch in theirs(even people who own 2 or 3). Personally, I wouldn't worry about it-buy it, if it doesn't work, return it. 99% of the time, the second one will work perfectly.

My bet madmos, is that you were pushing those buttons too hard with your nail. That breaks 'em pretty immediately.   They're easier to break than the DM4/5 membranes.

If you really need someone to reccommend this to you, talk to Jeep. He was playing with his Ion over his Shocker for a while. Plus, he kicks butt .
BLand View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BLand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 7:08pm
The leaking problems depend on who you order from. Certain places have had to order them un assembled in order to get as much as possible within a short time. They assemble them not the best so there could be leaks and you can send it back.

The barrel isnt very good. But not that bad. The stock reg only sucks until you break it in, I use co2 and I dont even have problems. The magnet doesnt please some but its not a problem for most people. Duckbill is extremely long, so get a unimount. But once again, all of the stuff on it isnt that bad.

Besides, for $300, don't expect perfect. Personally, I have had no problems.
tristantheking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tristantheking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 4:21pm
From the few that i've seen people use and the one i played around with, they can be a bit gas hoggy, but besides that they were good. It's a nice gun for the price.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic