Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wow... discrimination at its finest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 10:10pm

Aaah...  going to Chicago to visit family that weekend (as if the wife would let me go hang out at the paintball place anyway)...

But have fun.   

:)

Bugg View Drop Down
One screw up and all screen names go

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Originally posted by Bugg Bugg wrote:

neither fornicators
unless i'mw rong, forunications means sex.. sex means reproduce, God doesn't want us to reproduce

I'm trying to help you here, Bugg:

If you had taken 15 seconds to look up fornication before making this post you would know what it means, and you would know that your post is silly, and you would avoid looking like an idiot.

So many of your posts could be avoided by simply thinking for a minute, or visiting google/dictionary/other resource, before typing.

When you spout off without checking first you end up looking bad, and people make fun of you.

Open book before mouth.

Clark thanks for your "help" but just visited dictionary.com and this is what they had

Main Entry: for∑ni∑ca∑tion
Pronunciation: "for-n&-'kA-sh&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Late Latin fornicatio, from fornicare to have intercourse with prostitutes, from Latin fornic- fornix arch, vault, brothel
: consensual sexual intercourse between a man and esp. single woman who are not married to each other; also : the crime of engaging in fornication ócompare
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 8:14am
Originally posted by warlord88 warlord88 wrote:

LEVITICUS 18-22 " Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind:it is abomintion."

LEVITICUS 20-13 " If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with woman, both of them have commtitted an abomintion: They shall surely be put to death; their blood SHALL BE upon them."

this pretty much says it in a nutshell i think.

Here are some other verses from that series of rules in Leviticus, how well are they kept?

Originally posted by Leviticus 19:19 Leviticus 19:19 wrote:

'Keep my decrees. Do not mate different kinds of animals. Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.'

No cotton/polyester blends? No tomatos, carrots, and watermelons in the back yard? No dog crossbreeds? Oh the shameful sins of mankind...

Originally posted by Leviticus 19:26 Leviticus 19:26 wrote:

Do not eat any meat with the blood still in it. Do not practice divination or sorcery.

I hope you don't like rare steaks, or anything less than medium-well...

Originally posted by leviticus 19:27 leviticus 19:27 wrote:

Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

Now tell me, how is your hair cut?

Originally posted by Leviticus 19:33-34 Leviticus 19:33-34 wrote:

When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him. The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

I like this one. A lot of conservative christians need to memorize it instead of the first one you quoted. Jesus was far more tolerant than dominant. Thats what made him righteous.

I'm only a little late to this party, but I still think there is a point here.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 10:09am
heh... thanks Dazed... that just sealed it.  Voting memebers have to abide by the scripture.  So... pretty much... it will be impossible to follow all those rules.  So they will have no voting members and just dissolve as a group.  GG Uber Christians!!!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 10:34am

Originally posted by Bugg Bugg wrote:

Clark thanks for your "help" but just visited dictionary.com and this is what they had

Main Entry: for∑ni∑ca∑tion
Pronunciation: "for-n&-'kA-sh&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Late Latin fornicatio, from fornicare to have intercourse with prostitutes, from Latin fornic- fornix arch, vault, brothel
: consensual sexual intercourse between a man and esp. single woman who are not married to each other; also : the crime of engaging in fornication ócompare

This is the relevant part, Bugg...    read slower.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 10:36am

Dazed - I'll have to dig it up, but doctrine is that the "uncleanliness" rules from the OT were overruled by Jesus.  There is scripture to back that up.

It does get a little tricky figuring out which rules exactly are effective and which are not, but there is some Biblical foundation for throwing out some of the old rules...

procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 10:43am
ah... well maybe i'll do some research... maybe i'll just let the group dissolve by themselves... either way... that post by Dazed made me giggle a bit.  
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 11:29am
This is really a lot like the KKK. Only its with the bible. I would think its completely legal, and as it is, there is discrimination every single day. Every time you park your car, there is discrimination, handicaped parking spaces. Not all discrimination is bad. Colleges discriminate CONSTANTLY, this is relativly insignificant.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 11:36am

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Not all discrimination is bad.

Very true, and lost on most people.  I'll go further - most discrimination is GOOD.

Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 11:55am

Dazed - I'll have to dig it up, but doctrine is that the "uncleanliness" rules from the OT were overruled by Jesus. There is scripture to back that up.

It does get a little tricky figuring out which rules exactly are effective and which are not, but there is some Biblical foundation for throwing out some of the old rules...

I know, something about dissolving the old covenant, and making a new one. Close to the time of the crucifiction, I think. I just figured that if he wanted to throw around old jewish laws as new christian teachings I could as well.

Jesus never really laid down that many laws himself. He pretty much just said to be good to one another, do your best, and respect god and his house. The apostles, however, were confining, and completely vague about most of it.

I think that was more politics and survival of the church than any godly decree, though.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 11:59am
But its written in the bible that the "politics" of the church will be made holy law. What the church makes law on earth, so will god make law in heaven.
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 12:02pm
Reference passage?
warlord88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warlord88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 1:11pm
i believe that in my on eyes its wrong. in my heart its wrong, in my mind it wrong. now i am who i believe i am . you cannot turn this around, because it is what i am, end of story.
A-5
E-grip
J&J 14 in. 2 piece ceramic
16 in. smart part progressive tough coat finish
8 in. lapco
centerflag 68/3000 HPA
AKA sidewinder
JCS adjustable blade trigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 1:12pm
Translation: I am a closed-minded bigot with no rational basis for my views that I refuse to change.
slacker guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Guested - Dodge 2/8/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slacker guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

That is one sheltered club.

warlord88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warlord88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 4:15pm
yeap i guess so, you believe in your ways and i believe in mine. call me what you will words are only words.
A-5
E-grip
8 in. lapco
centerflag 68/3000 HPA
AKA sidewinder
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Dazed Dazed wrote:

Reference passage?

Said by paul in a leter to the romans. I cant tell you the exact passage off hand.
The Crimson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Crimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 6:18pm
I am Christian, but some of these "super religious christians" take it to far. I dont really care if somebody is **edited**, as long as their not hittin on me. But this is seriously taking there homophobia to far. They need to go to a private school if they want to do something like that.
To Become
What I Became
I've viewed the sun for the last time
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by The Crimson The Crimson wrote:

I am Christian, but some of these "super religious christians" take it to far. I dont really care if somebody is **edited**, as long as their not hittin on me. But this is seriously taking there homophobia to far. They need to go to a private school if they want to do something like that.

They dont need to go to a private school, they can form a club! And this doesnt have anything to do with homophobia.

Edited by DBibeau855
warlord88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warlord88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 8:30pm

Translation: I am a closed-minded bigot with no rational basis for my views that I refuse to change.

i never i could not tolelrate **edited**s, i said i don't agree with them. my cousin is **edited** and i still love him because he is family, i just don't agree with him. to set and call someone a bigot is a very harse statement in itself. i may not like someone i work with, but i try to tolerate them as long as they do the same for me. calling me a bigot is saying i hate **edited** people, but i don't just disagree with them, just like you disagree with me. but do you hate me? more than likely not.
A-5
E-grip
8 in. lapco
centerflag 68/3000 HPA
AKA sidewinder
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic