Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gun control

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 15>
Author
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 9:39am

Originally posted by Zesty Zesty wrote:

I think it's about safety and personal desires.....why does it have to be one or the other?

It doesn't.  If you want to carry gun purely for fun, that's fine.  But people should be honest with themselves.

All I am suggesting is that many/most people have an unrealistic view of exactly how safe their gun makes them.  They think their unloaded pistol under the mattress makes them invincible.  Many people don't plan for reality - they plan for fantasy, but they THINK they are planning for reality.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 9:48am

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Originally posted by Slothbutt Slothbutt wrote:

Sup Dune?
Originally posted by Slothbutt Slothbutt wrote:

Dune what do you think about CCW? good idea of not? Do you carry when your off duty? and just out of curiosity what do you carry?
I agree with Zesty 100%, don't make guns such a hands off no-no for kids, that only makes them more curious about them. And I'm getting a AR-15 the day they become legal in CA or the day I move from this wonderful state.

Sorry, I did not see your post. I have very mixed feelings bouat CCW, but for the most part I'm against it. I as an officer feel less safe than I use to, and every stop increasingly could be my last. I do carry off duty, because I am still an peace officer no matter what I am wearing, and I'm obligated to respond to any call around me. I carry an H&K USP compact in .40 cal.

Oh great, so I can't have a gun but I get to rely on you to protect me because you are so noble as to be a police officer.

I'm pretty sure crooked cops are the #1 opposers to CCW....they want to beat you in the head with their billy-club without fear of getting their come-uppings!

Honestly, I don't see why you would be worried about a law-abiding citizen having a concealed handgun...so long as you are nice, respectful, polite, and fair everything will work out fine.

*Edit* Shouldn't you treat everyone the same anyways? Like, you should just assume that everyone is armed...in your line of work, there is no place to be complacent. It's a dangerous job and you should be on your toes and ready for anything despite what the current laws are.

This is just too stupid to start combating. You really know that cops against CCW are all crooked, or did your parents tell you that? Come one, there is no respect for law enforcement anymore, and we're just trying not to get shot by those who claim "better safe than sorry." Law-abiding citizens have bad days, stress out, do stupid stuff, and consequentially, may end up shooting and officer to avoid arrest. It happens...a lot.

Bugg View Drop Down
One screw up and all screen names go

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 9:51am
which makes me sad couse a really close budy of mine works in the 2nd most dangerous district in Detroit...
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 9:54am
Yeah, Detroit is rough, I've done some work there.
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 9:55am
Ya the cop was my first boss ever when I worked at the paintball arena.. very cool guy, best boss you could ever hope for

Kinda like a brother to me...

Detroit is fine, just we you get to the ghetto part it's bad

I live 45 min away from the D. so I know what it's like in diff area...I help out at a soup kitchen a lot
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 10:17am
I feel as if people truly believe that they are going to be victimized and actually need a weapon to protect themselves. It is the owning of these weapons that allows for the death of so many innocents each year, but "we gotta have 'em to protect are material goods."
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 10:35am

I've grabbed my gun and gone to investigate on about a dozen occassions. On 3 of these occasions, we(me and my father) caught people stealing chmicals from our ranch. We held them at gunpoint until the cops showed(which was easily 30 minutes later)...I don't think mace would have deterred them as well!

The thieves were probably getting supplies to make meth.  This is a common occurance for farmers/ranchers up here in Montana.  We should immediately outlaw farm/ranch supplies.

Edited by Mack
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 10:38am

I feel as if people truly believe that they are going to be victimized and actually need a weapon to protect themselves. It is the owning of these weapons that allows for the death of so many innocents each year, but "we gotta have 'em to protect are material goods."

But you know what, while you and I are on the ACLU talk, if they outlaw ownership of guns that would be unConsitiutional and the ACLU would HAVE to fight for it...
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 10:39am
Very true, but I am not advocating the outlawing of all guns.
ScarFace22 View Drop Down
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 10:42am
I have no problems with guns if people use gun safty to its fullest.

Check my thread in the Great guns thread for Timmy tech help or PM me
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 10:43am
Guns don't kill people bullets do

or more accuratly

guns don't kill people

crazy extremist do
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 10:45am
Guns don't kill people, irresponsible people do. Irresponsible being anyone that thinks that just because they're law-abiding they can leave their loaded weapon around their kids.
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 10:47am
I think, to be fair, if a cop wants to carry a gun, and is able to shoot me, i should be able to shoot him. And if im going to carry a gun, he should be able to carry a gun to shoot me.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 10:48am
How is it fair that you can shoot a cop because he can shoot you? That might be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. Cops just don't go around shooting people for no reason. Granted, not all cops are good, but that is no reason to arm the public AGAINST the police.
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 10:50am

How is it fair that you can shoot a cop because he can shoot you? That might be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. Cops just don't go around shooting people for no reason. Granted, not all cops are good, but that is no reason to arm the public AGAINST the police.
That's the first thing I totally agree with you on
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 11:03am

Of course its rediculous, but i live in the DC metro area, im fed up with hearing about black guys getting shot by accident by stupid cops.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 11:07am
hey dune im planing on getting my ccp in a cupple of years. for the most part i respect cops (i have met a few that are on power trips). now say i get pulled over for speeding or im comming home tired just something minor. at what point if any should i tell the officer im armed. im thinking when he asks for my licence saying "i have a gun" wouldent be all that good. should not say anything unless they ask me to exit the car? should i just say i have my ccp and i have a pistol on my person?

Edited by merc
saving the world, one warship at a time.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 11:07am
I agree that the nation needs new training for law enforcement in dealing with special circumstances. However, that doesn't make it right for all cops to fear for their lives even more than we already do. I recently watched a fellow officer almost kill a young boy because he was holding an airsoft pistol and when the cop pulled his weapon, because the fake one looked real, the boy threw both hands infront of him. The officer was a veteran, so he halted, but if it would have been a rookie, the kid would have been killed. If more people on the streets have real guns, I would hate to imagine the war.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 11:09am

Originally posted by merc merc wrote:

hey dune im planing on getting my ccp in a cupple of years. for the most part i respect cops (i have met a few that are on power trips). now say i get pulled over for speeding or im comming home tired just something minor. at what point if any should i tell the officer im armed. im thinking when he asks for my licence saying "i have a gun" wouldent be all that good. should not say anything unless they ask me to exit the car? should i just say i have my ccp and i have a pistol on my person?

From my perspective, I know I have pulled people over who probably had weapons, but since it was routine and there was no supsicion, I did not ask. However, it is the responsibility of the driver to let the officer know that there is a weapon in the car. Plus it gets a few brownie points when you show respect like that.

Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 11:12am
But, and I may be wrong, you don't have to declare a weapon unless you are being arrested... hell you can have a M-16 LEGALLY and cops can't do anything about it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 15>
  Share Topic