FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UFC 52: Couture v. Liddell

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UFC 52: Couture v. Liddell
    Posted: 17 April 2005 at 12:08am
Anyone watch it? I used to try and catch all the UFC, PRIDE, and K1 programs, but I lost my satellite and couldn't keep up for awhile.

Anyways, today I actually paid the $35, and even though there wasn't a whole bunch of big-name fighters, I felt like it was worth the money spent.

Anyone else catch it?
pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 12:09am

Nope, sorry.

-me

Kpoofs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike1, filter dodge 8-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kpoofs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 12:11am
i have no idea what you're talking about.....
I Have a B2K and a 98c.
pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 12:12am

He's talking about a boxing match.

-me

Kpoofs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike1, filter dodge 8-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kpoofs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 12:13am
Originally posted by pb125 pb125 wrote:

He's talking about a boxing match.

-me

oh....i dont really know anything about boxing
I Have a B2K and a 98c.
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 12:13am
Well, it's not really boxing. It's basically professional fighting.

I would much rather pay $75 for what I just saw than $55 for these boxing matches without a doubt.

Anybody that actually saw it care to reply?
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 6:16am
yea, UFC is brutal, i saw all of the episodes except that one because there was a marathon on one day while i was sick

they put two guys in an octagonal(sp?) ring and they fight.

the only basic rules are no scratching, gouging, or crying for your mommy, they play for a K.O. or judges decision
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
ForceRedeemer View Drop Down

Mouth needs Clorox cleansing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForceRedeemer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 6:25am
I have seen every UFC since Ken and Tito back at UFC 40. I couldn't belive Randy got KO!!!!!! He sould have takin Chuck down as soon as the fight started. Matt is still the man did you see him smoke Trigg LOL.......Sweet!

If you haven't seen UFC try it once you will never go back!
For Honor View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 strike, stupid sexual slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote For Honor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 6:33am
the only UFC ive ever seen is the Extreme Knockouts tape that only showed the knockouts, it was awesome
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 8:43am
ForceRedeemer, I would ask you to edit out that spiler, but I'm afraid nobody is gonna be hurt by it anyways! I was actually going for Chuck, and if he won I figured it'd be the way he did it, but I still just didn't see it happening.

I'm pretty sure no kicking or kneeing a downed opponent in the head, no small joint manipulation(fingers, toes), no biting, headbutts, or anything else that would obviously be illegal like low-blows or eye-raking.

The Hughes fight was unbelievable! I don't even really like him but he showed a ton of heart.

I actually like Pride fighting better though for a few reasons...mainly the rules diferences. There is no elbowing, but you can do basically anything else you can in the UFC!

The "soccer kick to the face" always gets those Japanese fans cheering!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic