Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help Please!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lt. Wolfwood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lt. Wolfwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help Please!
    Posted: 15 April 2005 at 9:19pm

Im looking at certain markers and i would like some feed back on which one i should choose. The markers i was looking at are as follows

1) Tippmann Pro/Carbine

2) Spyder Imagine 04'

3) sPyder e-99 avant

Thanks for the help!!!!

Alienbow13 View Drop Down
<sniff> What’s that smell?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alienbow13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 9:22pm
Go with the tippmann. My local pro shop owner saz that he sees more spyders for repair then he does the higher end more sensitive guns. The only reason to buy one is to turn it into a super spyder.
I have never played with a pro/carbine but i have played with people that do and they swear by them.

Chad
One step I leave an imprint, Two steps is commitment
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 11:19pm
I definately agree. I'm not going to rip into the Spyders, but you'll definately have less problems with the Tippmann.
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 8:11am
Defiantly go for the Tippmann. It might not have the speed of the Spyders but it defiantly makes that up in reliability.
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
team dead on View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote team dead on Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 10:06am

the procarbine is great for a semi and works well in most weather

the spyder e-99 avant  is not allowd in some tournys

but go with a tippmann

sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 10:51am
I agree with Alienbow13: My local pro shop owners says he works on alot more spyders than tippmanns. Go fo the tippmann.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
98_custom22 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Selling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98_custom22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 7:39pm
tippmann spyders=trash
98% of ion owners think ions are better than any high end gun. If you would like to bonus ball these idiots put this in your sig.

me:
06 Nasty Nerve
68/4500 +47/3000
halo b
freak kit
DrunkDriver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrunkDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 10:46pm
Well, I would say get the procarbine no matter what you play but spyders are more speedballish, while Tippmanns are more woodsballish.
Tippmann98mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann98mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 6:37am
Tippmann
Tippmann 98 custom
flatline
12v revvy w/ x board
java diamond grips
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... Iím cominí ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 7:04am

I would say go for the Pro/Carbine if you want to play woodsball.  Then look into the pen spring mod, because I hear that the trigger pull of the P/C is VERY heavy.  If you plan on doing both, go for the 98c.  It's dependable and can be upgraded to a high end tourney marker.  It has a lot of upgrades to fit your needs.  If you play only speedball I would deffinetly get the 98c and upgrade it to your needs.

EDIT: By the way welcome to the forum. 

Edited by Smitty
gotpaint101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gotpaint101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 7:33am
get a 98 custom the carbine is nice but ol and hard to find ups for and spyders suck flat out
Lt. Wolfwood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lt. Wolfwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 8:06am
~Thanks alot for the help~
Penguin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I’m The Uberest Guy I Know!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penguin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 1:05pm
I've used and abused my P/C for 5 years and still shoots like it's right out of the box. It's great for milsim mods (if you're creative enough) and an excellent woodsball marker.

Back by popular demand
eaglesin05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaglesin05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 2:59pm
Its hard to find upgrades for a procarbine so I would get a 98C
Camo'd 98C
Remote
Polished internals
Dbl trigger
14" J&J Ceramic Barrel
Rocket Cock 2
Trigger Slop Mod
12V Revvy
03' Dye stikies
R/T
Drop Forward