Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tilting the gun when shooting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FireboM View Drop Down
Strike 1, Avatar was a No-No.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireboM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tilting the gun when shooting
    Posted: 15 April 2005 at 7:30pm
ok me and my friend are in an arguement over which way you are "suppose" to tilt the gun when you shoot.i say tilt it to the left(were both righties)so your right hand is sort-of on top, well he says to tilt it to thr right. while i get my reasons from watching pro players, he says the opposite because the hopper on the 98 makes it hard to see (for him i can see fine) when tilted left. whos right?
"She's the one who keeps me all excited, she keeps me begging for more"
Never Leave-Seether
TippmannSniper9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannSniper9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 7:36pm
My advice, get a flatline so niether one of you will be wrong or right... because you have to fire straight all the time.... lol  But honostly I don't really know... I'm right handed and I have a 98.. I hold it with my left hand on the foregrip and my right on the acual handle and just fire more in a straight line than tilt it
AJ
DrunkDriver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrunkDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 7:38pm

Well, it is all personal preference. Do what ever feels comfortable for you.
Personally, I tilt my gun inward, towards the bunker. That way, my hopper is not exposed and I am playing more profile. It is harder to plant a ball on someone who is playing profile.

marktippman98 View Drop Down
Strike One - Boy George Clone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marktippman98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 7:50pm
tilt??? i just point it straight at the target lol
(In Game) ok guys watch out one at 21 dorito and back middle one, one just made a move for the snake shoot em are you their shoot him at the snake.....(big pause looks back) omg are you jokin 3v1
Dozer_Da_Punk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer_Da_Punk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 7:57pm
"My advice, get a flatline so niether one of you will be wrong or right... because you have to fire straight all the time"

Not true

¤ŦĨPPMAŇŇ Ā-5¤
FireboM View Drop Down
Strike 1, Avatar was a No-No.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireboM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by DrunkDriver DrunkDriver wrote:

Personally, I tilt my gun inward, towards the bunker. That way, my hopper is not exposed and I am playing more profile.

uh, im not sure wut playing profile is, i prefer to play guns-a-blazin, lmao. but by how your explaining it, thats what i'm talking about, i.e. if  your right hand is in the back pulling the trig, you tilt the gun so the hopper is to the left, which if you stand right would put the hopper closer to you and reduce hopper hits.

Originally posted by <span style=font-weight: normal; =bold>marktippman98 marktippman98 wrote:

i dont think you understand. im not talking about tilting it so your aim is off, but keeping the gun straight and tilting your wrists, which will make the hopper  turn in  closer or out away from you
"She's the one who keeps me all excited, she keeps me begging for more"
Never Leave-Seether
procarb11 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Filter dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarb11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 8:09pm
drunk driver is right, it all depends on which side of the bunker you are shooting out of, always tilt your hopper inward, the less the oponent can see, the less likely they are to hit you.
Dust Black/Red DM5, Ultralite Frame, Ultralite Barrel, Orange Bolt Kit, Virtue Laser Eyes
98CustomMan0101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98CustomMan0101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 8:42pm
um left is right if u tilt right no balls feed...
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by FireboM FireboM wrote:

Originally posted by DrunkDriver DrunkDriver wrote:

Personally, I tilt my gun inward, towards the
bunker. That way, my hopper is not exposed and I am playing more
profile.

uh, im not sure wut playing profile is, i prefer to play guns-a-blazin,
lmao. but by how your explaining it, thats what i'm talking about, i.e.
if  your right hand is in the back pulling the trig, you tilt the
gun so the hopper is to the left, which if you stand right would put
the hopper closer to you and reduce hopper hits.

Originally posted by <span style=font-weight: normal; =bold>marktippman98 <span style=font-weight: normal; =bold>marktippman98 wrote:

</span>

i dont think you understand. im not talking about tilting it so your
aim is off, but keeping the gun straight and tilting your wrists, which
will make the hopper  turn in  closer or out away from you<span ="bold"></span>
If your leaning out of the left side of a bunker......tilt the gun to the right so the hopper is behind the bunker. If your leaning out the right side.....you guess it. Tilt it to the left

Edited by You Wont See Me
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 11:35pm

Originally posted by 98CustomMan0101 98CustomMan0101 wrote:

I've seen this, it's funny.  We had a group of walk-ons at our field one day that were all "wanna-be tough guys."  They were all holding their rental 98's "gangsta style" and couldn't understand why they were chopping paint and shooting blanks.

Dozer_Da_Punk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer_Da_Punk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 12:58am

Some hoppers change feeding direction when you tilt it left or right.

¤ŦĨPPMAŇŇ Ā-5¤
Detz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Detz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 11:39am

Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

If your leaning out of the left side of a bunker......tilt the gun to the right so the hopper is behind the bunker. If your leaning out the right side.....you guess it. Tilt it to the left[/QUOTE]

thats agreeable .... hide ur hoppe but make sure balls are still flowing to ur marker

DETZ
A-5
20oz Pure Energy on/off
flatline
to come:
lapco bigshot
HPA - still not sure
Tippmann98mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann98mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 6:31pm

lol true. only on the 98 though, and some others.

Tippmann 98 custom
flatline
12v revvy w/ x board
java diamond grips
Penguin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I’m The Uberest Guy I Know!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penguin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 6:40pm
I've never really tilted my gun in any direction intentionally to tell the truth

Back by popular demand
-mit- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -mit- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

I've seen this, it's funny.  We had a group of walk-ons at our field one day that were all "wanna-be tough guys."  They were all holding their rental 98's "gangsta style" and couldn't understand why they were chopping paint and shooting blanks.

speaking of holding the gun gansta style. one day we were playing paintball and some one had a crappy 3 piece barrel that kept breaking his balls. it was also 21 in. some one else unsrewed the first two pieces so there was only about 4 in. left. he started asting like it was a 9 mill. holding it sideways. also, that guy with the gun, kept using the gun with only 4in. of barrel

Team Infinity
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic