Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Expansion Chamber Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TippmannSniper9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannSniper9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Expansion Chamber Questions
    Posted: 15 April 2005 at 6:45pm
I am thinking on purchasing an expansion chamber, and I was wondering why do you need the vertical adapter? I've seen some pictures or 98 Customs with an expansion chamber and I don't think there was a vertical adapter??

Edited by TippmannSniper9
AJ
DrunkDriver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrunkDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 6:54pm
The vertical adapter move the inline hose to the front forgrip and gives the expansion chamber something to screw into.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannSniper9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 6:57pm

OK, but is there a vertical adapter on this 98 Custom?

http://www.800paintball.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/149 4730/vpcsid/0/SFV/30363

Also, is there a difference between an expansion chamber and an inline expansion chamber?

Edited by TippmannSniper9
AJ

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannSniper9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 7:47pm
I've seen both on pbreview.com and the inline one looks easier to install and it doesn't have a vertical adapter, it screws right into the fore grip on the 98 Custom
AJ

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannSniper9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 9:42pm
I've seen both on pbreview.com and the inline one looks easier to install and it doesn't have a vertical adapter, it screws right into the fore grip on the 98 Custom
AJ
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 11:19pm

Originally posted by TippmannSniper9 TippmannSniper9 wrote:

Since you obviously believe that DrunkDriver is incorrect, you should immediately do the following:

• By the expansion chamber of your dreams
  • Remove the air line from the valve of your marker
  • Attach the airline to the expansion chamber
  • Remove your handgrip
  • Replace it with the expansion chamber
Unicorn View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unicorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 1:33pm
The vertical adapter is inside the gun, you can't see it. It screws into the bottom of the valve, and comes out where the foregrip is. That is where the expansion chambers you see are screwed into. Unless you have some custom made expansion chamber with a male end that will screw into the valve directly, yes you WILL need the vertical adapter.

http://www.tippmann.com/accessories/accessories/image/psitem s/tvertkit.jpg

All of that is hidden inside the body of the gun, that is why it looks like there is nothing there on the pictures you see.

Edited by Unicorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannSniper9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 3:08pm

Originally posted by Unicorn Unicorn wrote:

The vertical adapter is inside the gun, you can't see it. It screws into the bottom of the valve, and comes out where the foregrip is. That is where the expansion chambers you see are screwed into. Unless you have some custom made expansion chamber with a male end that will screw into the valve directly, yes you WILL need the vertical adapter.

http://www.tippmann.com/accessories/accessories/image/psitem s/tvertkit.jpg

All of that is hidden inside the body of the gun, that is why it looks like there is nothing there on the pictures you see.

^^THANK YOU!!! THAT WAS THE ANSWER I WAS LOOKING FOR!!!^^

I just wanted to know where the vertical adapter goes... So I guess when I install it, I'll have to strip the whole gun so I can get inside it to install the vertical adapter?

AJ
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic