Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedsnipering

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
attackpotatoe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: snipering
    Posted: 15 April 2005 at 2:05pm
when you sniper are using an elevated position like a tree better or is a low position like trench better
danger will robinson danger
-mit- View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 2:12pm
either or. i would say a trench so you could run if needed. and attackpotatoe, do realize what u have just started. there is going to be an extreme amount of argument over the snipering position now. some people think there are such things as paintball snipers, some people dont. for some reason they want to kill eachother.
Team Infinity
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 2:22pm

Ok, to be politically correct, there is no such thing as a sniper in paintball. Sniping is considered shooting from a long distance. In paintball, lond distances mean no accuracy. Try searching for other threads about this.

Also, if you sit in a tree, you WILL get lit up.

Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Variable View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 2:49pm
    I won't comment on the sniper issue, but I agree with sinisternorth when he says that if you hide in a tree and get spotted, there is really no escape.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Variable Variable wrote:

I won't comment on the sniper issue, but I agree with sinisternorth when he says that if you hide in a tree and get spotted, there is really no escape.

we had a woodsball tourny about a month ago(just to change things up) and we came behind a kid who had climbed into a tree with a flatline.  my buddy took one shot and missed, the kid tried to turn ,hit the branch with his gun and dropped it, and promptly got shot by four members of our team before his gun hit the ground.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Rio258K View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 3:27pm
Going up in a tree is a baaaaaad idea....... I know that and I play speedball!

Resident SP fan rockin the Shocker.
Detz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 4:59pm

Originally posted by Rio258K Rio258K wrote:

Going up in a tree is a baaaaaad idea....... I know that and I play speedball!

lol thats so true... but at the same time if u think u can sit in the tree and not be seen then go for it .... dont shoot unless ur going to mark EVERY person with in ur range all at once cause i wouldnt doubt that even ur team mates not knowing u are that would splater u..... not to mention if u fell out it would hurt

DETZ
A-5
20oz Pure Energy on/off
flatline
to come:
lapco bigshot
HPA - still not sure
Tippmann98mike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 5:30pm
you can say there is snipers in paintball, i dont thing so, i used to, but the guns arent accurate enough, o well, i say high posty
Tippmann 98 custom
flatline
12v revvy w/ x board
java diamond grips
Xspyderman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 5:37pm

You should always position yourself where you can escape in woodsball, unless you are trying to complete a specific mission, where getting hit is likely.

A sniper in paintball is not like in the service... with the very best barrel the farthest shot you will make is about 300', and the accuracy at that range will be very poor.  A true sniper takes one shot and fades into the back ground.  That is not likely to happen in paintball... but it is fun to try and make the miracle shot sometimes and reposition yourself, or play a little different after your position has been noticed.

Xs.

A5, GTA; Flatline, Double Trigger, R/T, Tapco Stock, 32° Remote, Attitude

Forum: meeting place or medium for discussion of matters of public interest. NOT INTERESTED? DON'T POST!
piro031 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 6:34pm

i believe in paintball sniping is shooting a person across the field with 1 shot NOT pray n spray and being a sharp shot is shooting someone on the run 20 yards away.  also you should only go in a tree when it is not over 50 ft high and a lot of leaves on it.

Kyle aka piro031 or AJAX

kuhndog599 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 7:02pm
u want a high position just not ina tree
model 98 - homemade handguard
solid stock - opsgear mag
polished internals
homemade sling - paintjob
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock
DrunkDriver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 7:11pm

I don't know why you would want to be in a tree. When some one spots you, which will happen, you are going to be sorry.

marktippman98 View Drop Down
Strike One - Boy George Clone

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 7:27pm
me personally i love being on the hill because most player have bad accuracy from shooting up cuz well they stink and dunno how to judge it and what are u tlaking about if your on a hill and buddy shooting at and getting realli close why don't u go up more the hill or go behine a bunch of twigs from his Point of View
(In Game) ok guys watch out one at 21 dorito and back middle one, one just made a move for the snake shoot em are you their shoot him at the snake.....(big pause looks back) omg are you jokin 3v1
attackpotatoe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 7:34pm
what about foxholes
danger will robinson danger
Silence_115 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 8:52pm

Well you figure the scientific definition for something accelerating downward  ( read = example : a paintball ) is projectile motion (lol I payed attention in science class for once). This means that gravity is pulling the object towards the ground in a curved way. A tree would work , but is a VERY BAD IDEA!  I wouldn't want anyone to get lit up and risk falling out of a tree. Aim higher than the target by atleast an inch or two and your shot should hit.

Hope this helps you out    Hang in there                      

Edited by Silence_115
•••Its not the tool...Its the fool behind the tool•••
Unicorn View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 1:40pm
You don't sniper somebody, the correct term is snipe. A sniper is a noun, a person who snipes. Of which there are none in paintball.

It's interesting that the people who are generally on the side of no such thing as snipers in paintball are the ones who are or were in the military, or police.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 1:45pm
this is going to turn into another sniper debate the kid asked his question, now let it die

bat signal
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Stormcharger View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 3:25pm

Cool, a sniper debate!

By chance does anyone remember what the question was?  Or did eveyone suddenly feel the need to talk out of their ass?

Attackpotatoe,

In response to your question, it depends.  The best tactics are either learned from professionals like the police or military tactical units or learned through trial and error.  The biggest problem is that not every technique will work for everyone.  The fun part is getting together with your friends and finding out what works for your team and what doesn't. 

What some of the responces have tried to say here is that whatever position you decide to shoot from, you will need to have an escape plan.  So basically, you do not want to be in a position that will leave you trapped.  And also, don't be afraid to try new ideas.  You never know what will work unless you try it.  So play hard and have fun.

black04 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 4:10pm

yall are funny it's gotta be a trench because i mean all they can see is your gun and your head. And if your watching you can know when to duct(i mean duck)

oh i agree it's not worth climbing up a tree and possibly falling out.

Edited by black04
my setup:
Ion
CP trigger
SP Q-lock feedneck
Check-it unimount 2
14" AA barrel
the_blade View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<esser is more

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by piro031 piro031 wrote:

i believe in paintball sniping is shooting a person across the field with 1 shot NOT pray n spray and being a sharp shot is shooting someone on the run 20 yards away.  also you should only go in a tree when it is not over 50 ft high and a lot of leaves on it.

Kyle aka piro031 or AJAX

Ahahaha This is like the perfect recipe for killing your self. Yes please climb fifty feet in the air and then fall from that tree because you will be spotted  because the tree will be shaking..  Then as you hit the ground at 53 miles per hour (depending how many branches you hit on the way down.)

And now secondly, there is no such thing as a farther shooting barrel the flatlines exempt from this, end of story. It Is all simple physic's a paintball gun barrel does not apply to the same principles as an actual rifle barrel. In paintball the ball is filled with liqiud It is not completly solid so putting a spin on the paintball will cause the ball to wobble in mid air completly defeating accuracy.

Thirdly, if you would like to become a camper take somewhere higher up its simple logic the higher you are the more arc you can make lobing paintballs in the air..

Edited by the_blade
95 base neon 3.0 cai, knifedged crankshaft 60 mill throttle body,14 crane cam crane springs/retainers eagle rods port matched/ polished intake p&p head shaved .015 phantom grip diff dohc exuast
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic