FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Republican? Democrat?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 10:38am
You are kidding right Clark, "What does personal resonsibility have to do with it"?   It has everything to do with it. Every decesion we make as functioning individuals in our society must be based on personal responsibility, gain vs. loss, life vs death, legal vs illegal, simple societal right vs. known established societal wrong. Without some form of personal responsibility every action we take can not be judged by society, for we were not responsible for those actions? I hope that is not where our society is headed.

Our legal system is ripe with cases of, got the gun, got the body, but poor Johnny Criminal was not responsible for his actions because his mommy hit him once when he was a third grade, scaring his mind with murder as a viable option and now must be considered a condoned individual option in that case, to what the rest of us see as a personal responsibilty and norm not to murder during a personal conflict? I guess personal responsibilty has nothing to do with this form of societal behavior either.

If Two rational, thinking adults engage in sexual contact without proper "responsibilty" it is a well known medical fact that there is a probability of conception, and not to take any precautions is a definate lack of "personal responsibility" on both thier parts, and then why should the innocent pay the ultimate price for anothers lack of concern for its life over thier personal pleasure at the time of conception? So if and when our society sees and then condones as the norm this form of lack of personal responsibilty in cases such as these, what is next, sactioned murder of the injured or elderly as they become infirm and helpless and a burden to the family and not considered a viable life by the courts, once the door is opened........
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 11:03am

Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

You are kidding right Clark, "What does personal resonsibility have to do with it"?   It has everything to do with it.

From the rest of your post I will conclude that you did not read the rest of mine...

DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 12:44pm
OS. Its getting so no one is able to be held acountable for their actions.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 12:44pm
What action needs to be held accountable for?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 12:46pm
More to the point - why is this about the parents?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

What action needs to be held accountable for?

Take the columbine kids. It wasnt their fault they shot up the school, its cuz they were teased. Its never the persons fault they got into an accident, the tires slipped out from under them. But what they wont tell you is they were going 50MPH in the bloody snow.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 12:55pm

How was it not the Coumbine kids' fault?  I don't think you will find more than 10 people in this country who would not have voted to convict them of murder.

That's just hyperbole.

What you ARE hearing, however, is that some people recognize that it is more complex than simply "that boy ain't right".  The Columbine incident exposed/emphasized flaws in the way our educational system handles students, and in the way our families are functioning.  All of these are clearly contributing factors to the killings.  Does that absolve the shooters of responsibility?  Of course not.  But it DOES mean that we need to look beyond the shooters to improve our society.

THAT is what people are saying.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 12:58pm
Bad example, what im saying is from the workplace to the home, all i hear "Well it wasnt my fault" "Not my fault" bah blah blah. I fire people for that, if i can.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 1:00pm
It was their fault they shot up their school. They should have learn to take their aggression out on other things.

It it also the driver's fault for not checking his tires before using them and going to fast. But when it comes to abortion what action are people not taking responsiblility for?

They have sex, conception occurs, abortion happens. Looks to me like full responsiblity for action occured. You might see it as a cop out because you dont like the solution but by deciding to have an abortion, the mother has taken responsiblity for the action. To have pregnancy go to full term and then hand the baby that comes out over for adoption, that seems like personal responsiblity did not occur. Since when has it been someone's personal responsibility to give birth to and raise the child they conceive?

Do we all seem to forget that natural abortions happen all the time? Is personal responsibility not fufilled when this ocurrs?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 1:04pm
Natural abortions happen when something is wrong with the fetus. Not because someone doesnt want to own up to what they did.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 1:07pm

I think Hades made an excellent point (that has escaped me all these years):  An abortion IS taking responsibility.  Not taking responsibility would be ignoring the pregnancy and doing nothing.  Something bad happened, and remedial action was taken.  That's pretty darned responsible.

Now - Many people don't like the particular action taken, and there may be some merit to that position, but that doesn't make the abortion "irresponsible".  "Evil", maybe, or "wrong", not hardly irresponsible.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 1:09pm

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Natural abortions happen when something is wrong with the fetus. Not because someone doesnt want to own up to what they did.

Can I extrapolate from this that elective abortions are ok if there is something "wrong" with the fetus?  Spina Bifida, FAS, Down's Syndrome, nine fingers...?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 1:10pm
Its a valid point, something was done, but it depends on your deffination of what a "responsible" action is.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 1:11pm
Alot of factors can and do contribute to differnt miscarriages. Stress is one of those factors.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 1:16pm

Its a valid point, something was done, but it depends on your deffination of what a "responsible" action is.

Sure - to me it means:  "You made the bed; you lay in it."  It does NOT (to me) mean:  "You made the bed; you lay in it, but you have to lay in it in the specific way I tell you to lay it in."

Responsibility means taking action - it doesn't imply which action to take.  If you tell them what action they should/have to take, they aren't being responsible - that would be YOU being responsible.

The thing about independence is that it is ... independent.

ForceRedeemer View Drop Down

Mouth needs Clorox cleansing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForceRedeemer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 6:37pm
WHATS UP!
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 6:57pm
Jesus hates you Clark

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Can I extrapolate from this that elective abortions are ok if there is something "wrong" with the fetus? Spina Bifida, FAS, Down's Syndrome, nine fingers...?

I have no problem with abortions that endanger the mothers life, rape cases, and when something is wrong with the fetus that would dramaticlaly effect the quality of life of the child. A child with 9 fingers is nothing to abort a baby over, Neither is spina bifida i dont think, but i dont know much about spina bifida.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 7:07pm
why is this still alive?
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 7:10pm

Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

why is this still alive?

Becuase Jesus loves you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
  Share Topic