Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

great idea for a5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aoplayo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aoplayo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: great idea for a5
    Posted: 09 April 2005 at 7:50pm
here's my idea for the a5. since it is a reall gas hog why not have another tank? like just have one for the hopper. just put it on the side of the gun. or have a double remote sorta thing. well this is my thought and if someone makes it then post it on the site
Silent Slayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silent Slayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2005 at 8:45pm
it doesent use extra gas because of the cyclone feed. the cyclone uses excess blowback gas to function.the gas that it uses would have gone to waste
a5 polished internals
flatline
custom aluminum foregrip
drop
e grip w/custom blade trigger
palmer stabalizer
71ci 4500psi dye throttle
dye invisions
vision impy
tapeworm
crossfire 88/45
EVO
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2005 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Silent Slayer Silent Slayer wrote:

it doesent use extra gas because of the cyclone feed. the cyclone uses excess blowback gas to function.the gas that it uses would have gone to waste
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2005 at 8:00pm

I have a twin tank A5.  I run a 12 oz. on the bottomline and a 4 oz. vertical.  I didn't do it because the A5 is supposedly a gas hog;  I did it so I could completely empty a tank and then turn on my spare tank which prevents wasting of CO2 (yes, I'm cheap).  Also, it looks kind of cool.  I used one of these and some macroline with appropriate fittings:

http://www.countypaintball.com/Product_Description.asp?item= 1672

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2005 at 8:16pm
what would be the point of the second tank for the cyclone? It would use just as much gas as before, just from 2 different sources...

Also, how would you actuate the airflow. If you suggest using a solenoid for e-grip users, then I suggest you go back and search a post titled "Cyclone 2"
MT. Vigilante View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 8:24am

As everyone has said before, the A-5 is not a gas hog, that is a myth made up by people who do no real research on a subject and just make unbiased assumptions and have never even used an A-5 anyway. And also, if you put a whole extra tank on the side it would make the A-5 to heavy and bulky to be very practical.

Join the XP Re-Revolution!
Bugg View Drop Down
One screw up and all screen names go

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 9:55am
If you don't want to use so much gas, get an expansion chamber.. helps regulate a lot
Stormcharger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormcharger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 9:48am

The A5 is a gas hog???

Do you mean that I should be getting less than 1000 shots from my 20oz??  Crap, why didn't someone tell me!!!!................

sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2005 at 5:15am

^do you mean you should be getting MORE shots??

It would make the A5 heavier and bulkier making you a bigger target. The A5 isnt a gas hog like many people think. As Bugg said, just buy an expansion chamber.

Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
MT. Vigilante View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2005 at 8:32am
Originally posted by sinisterNorth sinisterNorth wrote:

^do you mean you should be getting MORE shots??

I think Stormcharger was being sarcastic.

Join the XP Re-Revolution!
Stormcharger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormcharger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2005 at 11:24am

Ya think??

I regularly get about 1000 shots from my A5.  I have no expansion chamber and use CO2 and shoot mostly full auto at 12bps.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic