Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Report: 2004 Election Corrupted

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 5:59pm

HEY!  Are you making fun of my school?  WFCC has an outstanding basket weaving program...

Grr.

Variable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Variable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 6:01pm
The Electoral College was created by our founding fathers because they thought the average citizen would be too stupid and gullible to make an intelligent decision about who will run our country.  Based on the many idiotic people I have encountered in real life and seen on the news; I have to say they made yet another wise decision.  People need to realize that they aren't voting for the president, they are just voting to decide who will choose our next president.

I could honestly care less about what amazing probability some college professor has come up with.  Odds only show likelihood and should not be taken as a guarantee.

Edited by Variable
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 6:06pm
Oh my God, you have to understand, whiney little liberal **edited**: I can't get off the computer ever. I have to stay inside twenty-four hours a day. So if I don't like the content of a thread that you create on my forum (which I am confined to since I choose it in lieu of a social life), then I'm going to **edited** and complain and assert that a good, fun discussion doesn't matter.

I for one would much rather read about important "What Music Are You Listening To?" threads—POTUS, politics, and etc. don't even matter, Christ.

That was sarcasm.

Give the guy a break, you tightassed kids. The thread is relevant because the report is recent. Now shut the hell up, and if you don't want to talk about an old election's results, then don't post. Better yet, honestly debate the report and not which candidate your parents like better. Trust me—I'm sure you won't mind the one thread sitting in T/O that you don't want to open.

Sifting through that "oh, shut up—the election was forever ago lol!!!" trash is a lot more of a hassle than choosing not to type in this here box.

DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 6:10pm
The report is based on exit poles. No everyone takes exit poles. 100% of people will not tell the truth or even sit there and take the stupid thing, they want to get back to work after sitting in a line, or go home after work. I wouldnt take too much stock in this report.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 6:33pm

Poll.  Exit poll.

Not sure I want to know what an "exit pole" is...

:)

untouchable555 View Drop Down
Strike 2, moronic filter dodge X 2 5/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote untouchable555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 6:46pm

<<cute filter dodge, welcome to strikeland>>

Edited by Reb Cpl
Tippmann 98c
20 ounce Co2 tank
goodsmitty View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Childish Insults 3/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 7:18pm

Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

Oh my God, you have to understand, whiney little liberal **edited**: I can't get off the computer ever. I have to stay inside twenty-four hours a day. So if I don't like the content of a thread that you create on my forum (which I am confined to since I choose it in lieu of a social life), then I'm going to **edited** and complain and assert that a good, fun discussion doesn't matter.

I for one would much rather read about important "What Music Are You Listening To?" threads—POTUS, politics, and etc. don't even matter, Christ.

That was sarcasm.

Give the guy a break, you tightassed kids. The thread is relevant because the report is recent. Now shut the hell up, and if you don't want to talk about an old election's results, then don't post. Better yet, honestly debate the report and not which candidate your parents like better. Trust me—I'm sure you won't mind the one thread sitting in T/O that you don't want to open.

Sifting through that "oh, shut up—the election was forever ago lol!!!" trash is a lot more of a hassle than choosing not to type in this here box.

I owe you one.

Now that I have stirred up a hornet's nest, lets debate some of the fact(oid)s.

1. Many of the voting precincts have machines that leave no paper trail.

2. People are corrupt, or corruptable.

3. Big businesses have money, the common man does not.

Which way are the results going to swing? My guess is for big business, which has the money. In Ohio there were 25 machines in Youngstown that were caught giving votes from the Kerry column to the Bush column. The machines were fixed, but how many other machines did like "mistakes."

Just about two months ago Ukraine had a revolution based on rigged elections. Is it not possible here also?

"Reading this thread, I'm sad to say that the only difference between the average American and the average Taliban is economic status."
-Zesty

Bugg View Drop Down
One screw up and all screen names go

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Variable Variable wrote:

The Electoral College was created by our founding fathers because they
thought the average citizen would be too stupid and gullible to make an
intelligent decision about who will run our country.  Based on the
many idiotic people I have encountered in real life and seen on the
news; I have to say they made yet another wise decision.  People
need to realize that they aren't voting for the president, they are
just voting to decide who will choose our next president.
I could honestly care less about what amazing probability some college
professor has come up with.  Odds only show likelihood and
should not be taken as a guarantee.

Finally someone gets it...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Poll. Exit poll.

Not sure I want to know what an "exit pole" is...

:)

I knew that sounded funny.
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

While Bugg of course is wrong about almost everything he said about the electoral college, I agree with him that it is a good thing.

Of course is wrong? I told you 1) I may be wrong
And 2) what am I wrong on so I am no longer wrong on it, be helpful not criticle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 8:53pm

Originally posted by Bugg Bugg wrote:

Of course is wrong? I told you 1) I may be wrong
And 2) what am I wrong on so I am no longer wrong on it, be helpful not criticle

Fair enough - my apologies for the unwarranted snipe.

Originally posted by Bugg Bugg wrote:

We have the electoral college for a reason, and unless i'm wrong its congress that votes in it, so if you want a democrat for pres, get more democrats in congress.. and vice versa

The electoral college is entirely separate from Congress.  The makeup of the electoral college is entirely dependant on the November presidential election, and has absolutely nothing to do with Congress.

In most states, the elected electors HAVE to vote the appropriate party's nominee - in some states they can theoretically break ranks and vote for whomever they please, but that has only happened once or twice, I believe.

At this point the electoral college is mostly theoretical, which is why they count the electoral votes on election day, even though the electors don't actually meet to "elect" the president until much later.

Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 8:56pm
But I do know that the amount of electoral votes corresponds with congress, and the "breaking of the ranks" actually happens quite often... atleast for what I've seen
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 9:03pm
That sounds like nothing more than some nutjob professor who just can't stand the fact that "his side" lost.

I have no problem with political discussions on the forums... What I do have a problem with is almost completely unfounded accusations being thrown around just to piss people off.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by goodsmitty goodsmitty wrote:

1. Many of the voting precincts have machines that leave no paper trail.

2. People are corrupt, or corruptable.

3. Big businesses have money, the common man does not.

Which way are the results going to swing? My guess is for big business, which has the money. In Ohio there were 25 machines in Youngstown that were caught giving votes from the Kerry column to the Bush column. The machines were fixed, but how many other machines did like "mistakes."

Just about two months ago Ukraine had a revolution based on rigged elections. Is it not possible here also?

Is election fraud possible?  Sure - heck, it is a near-certainty.  Up here in Wisconsin, people like to vote three or four times, especially when they get bribed with cigarettes.

Is election fraud more likely with paperless machines?  Uncertain.  People have been rigging elections for centuries just fine without machines.  It occurs to me that machines do not necessarily add or subtract risk, but merely changes the nature of the risk.

Who are these "big businesses" of which you speak, and why do you appear to presume that they would swing to Bush?  And who are these "common men"?  I presume you are suggesting that Halliburton (or whatever) bribed a programmer to tweak the code in a machine, or something to that effect.

I have a two-part comment - first, that is just bizarrely unlikely.  The cost/benefit analysis doesn't even come close to panning out in their favor.  Corporate decisions are made for profit.  Moreover, I am sure you aren't suggesting that the Halliburton board actually had a vote on the subject, so it would really in the end be a rogue executive acting on his own, not really "big business".  Businesses are ultimately made up of individuals, who make individual decisions.  Blaming things on this vague "big business" is a bit of a bogeyman situation, once you start honing in on exactly what would have to happen on the corporate management level for this to happen.

Second, why do you believe that "big business" would favor Bush?  Sure, Halliburton would, but what about the entertainment business?  Music, TV, video games, etc.  And what about industry groups?  The Teamsters (always a major player when corruption is involved), teachers' union, the ABA, the trial lawyers - lots of money and power, and almost universally Democratic-leaning.

I could make an equal argument that Bush actually won Ohio MORE, but the Democrats just didn't cheat enough, and the fake exit polls were put out by cocky cheaters.

Perhaps not surprisingly it is always the losers that complain of cheating, even though it is not always the winner that is the cheater.

A quick reference for the video game generation...   Anybody who has ever played a significant amount of multi-player online games knows what happens when somebody wins a lot.  Within minutes the cries begin:  "cheater", "aimbotter", "he's got radar", and other entirely unfounded crap, based solely on the simple fact that these can't admit to themselves that they are simply getting spanked by a superior player.

Does cheating occur, both in online gaming and US elections?  Absolutely.  Does it happen as often or as pervasively as losers claim?  Absolutely no way.

Edited by Clark Kent
rockerdoode View Drop Down

one strike, flaming 7/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerdoode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by PlentifulBalls PlentifulBalls wrote:

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

We have learned from the election in 2000....it actually doesn't matter who wins, it's who gets inaugurated that matters.

The report tells me that my vote really doesn't matter, so why vote? I am saving my vote for the local school levy from now on. The presidential election is so rigged it's pathetic. Pathetically obvious.

God, its friggin April. Kerry lost. Bush won. Who gives a  damn?  I'm not a Bush or Kerry supporter, they are both idiots.

OGM TEH LECTION ESH RIGGEDF!!!!!!! OH NOEZ.

Shut the hell up already.

, you have just gained sooooo much respect from me.  I totally agree, get over it, you guy lost smitty, just suck it up and quit **edited**ing.

"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 9:26pm
Well... Next time a Democrat wins... i know what i will be doing.. Yelling about taxes and complaining about how they STOLE the election. But only im going to do it in JUNE. Cuz im just that gangster.
rancidpnk13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rancidpnk13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 9:38pm

no, it's not. because there aren't enough people who would actually stand up and resist.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 9:41pm
Yep. The constitution says its legal. But even if someone wanted to overthrow the government. Its too big, and its been tried.
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 6:57am
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Well... Next time a Democrat wins... i know what i will be doing.. Yelling about taxes and complaining about how they STOLE the election. But only im going to do it in JUNE. Cuz im just that gangster.
So let me get this straight, you are a righest, yet you are disagreeing with me on everything... I'm confused
ScarFace22 View Drop Down
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 7:15am

I read the first page then jumped the last because I was getting sick of hearing the liberals cry. Kerry lost get the  over it already. Its been 5 months already who cares. Kerry is a flip flopping fool who didn't deserve to win.

Check my thread in the Great guns thread for Timmy tech help or PM me
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic